Annual NHL Play-off thread.
Jun 7, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #212 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, seeing the sens fail is the next best thing to leafs winning the cup

What do you mean? The leafs will be cup winners in '08. The last two years were just a part of the big plan that's all.

Don't you mean the last 40 years? lol
tongue.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #213 of 218
To all you Sen fans....bummer, I know the feeling bieng a Sabres fan. Only 4 months till next season. To all the Ducks fans...congrats!

Jun 7, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #215 of 218
Yeah I was happy to see Teemu win a cup...good for him, would have been a bummer for a player of his caliber to not win for in his career. I saw Scott Oake ask him about possibly retiring but I don't see how he could, 48 goals was good enough for third this year and he'll be sure to hit 600 career goals in two seasons (at 540 now)

I heard a reporter comment on Rob Neidermayer giving the cup to Pronger and that it should have gone to Teemu first...I agree, but maybe it's because I hate Pronger...lol

Next year will be the Canucks year! We just need a little more scoring power or a big man to clear some space...

Edit: Post 2000...
eek.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #216 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They weren't swept. Anyway Forsberg, I don't think they choked at all...they played well up to the final and were beat by a better team. Leafs fans can be so petty some times...

Leafs fans are worse for believing that "this will be their year..."

Amen! Damn leafs fans, and I have to work with some too...
tongue.gif

Anyhow, yes, congratulations Ducks fans, they played a superior game and I have to admit the better team (the one that showed up most games) won.

I agree with you Squeek that Alfredson, despite the cheap shot, should have won the Conn Smythe trophy. He put up one hell of a fight, 14 goals all told, and I think the cheap shot was him just venting his frustration at his linemates not showing up for the game; its not an excuse, but the frustration I can understand and admire...
I also agree that, with nothing to lose, Murray should have tried Gerber in nets and perhaps done more to motivate his lines; Heatley was out of gas and really wasn't playing at all, Spezza is vain and overrated, while others, like Fisher - who was a raging bull out there - were just dying for a chance to hold the cup. Shuffling the lines and adapting the team strategy to compensate for the physical play of the Ducks would have given them a much better chance of coming back...

Jun 7, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #217 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes but the Braves have won the World Series once during that span right?

Strike shortened year if I remember correctly so it almost doesn't count. I was just referring to the fact that they are 1 for 14 in their run, despite having one of the best starting 3 in baseball history for a lot of that span. Plus a general manager that would bring in players like McGriff, Maddox, Sheffield, Justice and so on. Just sayin they're not the only notorious chokers. The Buffalo Bills come to mind to when they were reaching the Super Bowl all those years.

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #218 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by immoral flame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Strike shortened year if I remember correctly so it almost doesn't count. I was just referring to the fact that they are 1 for 14 in their run, despite having one of the best starting 3 in baseball history for a lot of that span. Plus a general manager that would bring in players like McGriff, Maddox, Sheffield, Justice and so on. Just sayin they're not the only notorious chokers. The Buffalo Bills come to mind to when they were reaching the Super Bowl all those years.

Easy...Easy...just laid the ground work for the AFC domination
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back