Annual New Jersey Meet -- Saturday July 24th
Jun 18, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #61 of 236
Me 2! It's about time that I will be able to listen to my SACD-only (like Sarah Vaughan and Ella and Louis) and DVD-Audio discs in my bedroom rig, although the DVD-A might be tough without a monitor to see what I'm doing.

Jun 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #62 of 236
   Quote:
The Jersey Boys are at it again. 

Quote:
This post reserved for gear and member list.

Hiya Larry, Ari and John (Go V Tech)

I haven't seen you guys in a while, so add me to the list.
dt880smile.png

Will bring:

North Star MKII and Constantine DACs for comparison

Hiface and Blue Circle Thingee transports for comparison

GS-1

M^3

T-1s and 880s for comparison

Eric

Jun 19, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #63 of 236
Aaron, can you bring your HM-801 for an old friend?  I like to HEAR what all the hub-bub is about.  I am tentatively in btw (I only have my TF10s and Pico DAC/amp to bring).

Jun 20, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #64 of 236
I just ordered a pair of Stax SR007 MKI and it should be coming in a week from now.  I don't have anything decent to run it on.  I got an adapter from sprtizer (I really can't thank him enough) but no Beta22 and no amps for electrostats.  If I lugged along with me, would it be worthwhile bringing the adapter or will there be some amps for me to try out with my cans?

I'm going to have to rely on others for music/source as it's going to be hard to backpack the cans and the adapter when I rely wholly on public trans.  I can't wait till I buy a car later this year--funds allowing of course :wink:

Getting pumped for my first meet!

Jun 20, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #65 of 236
$1000+ headphones, but no car. That's addiction :p

Quote:
I just ordered a pair of Stax SR007 MKI and it should be coming in a week from now.  I don't have anything decent to run it on.  I got an adapter from sprtizer (I really can't thank him enough) but no Beta22 and no amps for electrostats.  If I lugged along with me, would it be worthwhile bringing the adapter or will there be some amps for me to try out with my cans?

I'm going to have to rely on others for music/source as it's going to be hard to backpack the cans and the adapter when I rely wholly on public trans.  I can't wait till I buy a car later this year--funds allowing of course :wink:

Getting pumped for my first meet!

Jun 20, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #68 of 236

Quote:
I just ordered a pair of Stax SR007 MKI and it should be coming in a week from now. 

If I don't bring my Dared VP300B monoblocks to checkout the HE-6 ortho, then I'll bring my BHKE for your Stax.

@Trogdor. Remind me the week of the meet and I'll bring my HM-801 with me just for you. Do you want me to bring the hi gain or low gain card with me? If Fang comes, I'm sure he'll have all of his goodies with him.

Jun 21, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #69 of 236

Quote:
If I don't bring my Dared VP300B monoblocks to checkout the HE-6 ortho, then I'll bring my BHKE for your Stax.

That would be awesome!  Though my wallet and my better half will be none to pleased ;P

Quote:
$1000+ headphones, but no car. That's addiction :p

LOL!  I didn't even think about how bad that sounded!  I have a car but it's in California.  I need a car for NY.  I just moved to a place with a garage so I'm actually looking at cars, but probably won't be buying till the fall.  A black lung from smoking and no car must look real bad.  Yeesh, I quit smoking and pick it  up again in the most expensive city to smoke (throwing that habit out soon for car payment money).  What can I say, when I get into something, I usually like to go at it whole hog.

Jun 21, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #70 of 236
Looks like I'll have the exstata and 007 mk1's with me and if anyone has a macbook pro (any apple laptop with fire wire ) I'll then bring the sonic studio 305 ( metric halo uln 8 ) with me. This will allow for the running of 4 balanced amps.

Jun 21, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #71 of 236
John, I am contemplating making the trip out and could bring the Amarrafied Macbook Pro and the M^3 if you want to share a table.  I would definitely like to hear the 305. 

Definitely up for trip to Princeton Record Exchange as well if that works out.

Jun 21, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #72 of 236

Quote:
Looks like I'll have the exstata and 007 mk1's with me and if anyone has a macbook pro (any apple laptop with fire wire ) I'll then bring the sonic studio 305 ( metric halo uln 8 ) with me. This will allow for the running of 4 balanced amps.

Johnny Numbs, if Jeff can't make it, I can bring my Macbook Pro for you. I have all different genres, mostly in Apple lossless, but f you have some music that you want to load on it, t would make both of us, enjoy a richer, fuller life. Mine is the 13" Pro, if that matters.

Getting close!

Jun 21, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #73 of 236

Quote:
John, I am contemplating making the trip out and could bring the Amarrafied Macbook Pro and the M^3 if you want to share a table.  I would definitely like to hear the 305. 

Quote:
Johnny Numbs, if Jeff can't make it, I can bring my Macbook Pro for you. I have all different genres, mostly in Apple lossless, but f you have some music that you want to load on it, t would make both of us, enjoy a richer, fuller life. Mine is the 13" Pro, if that matters.

Getting close!

sounds great both of you guys and Jeff I am definately in for a record adventure

Jun 23, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #74 of 236
Oh, and I'll be bringing some of my gear including my Motorola Droid, if anyone's into that.

Denon DRA-835 Reciever
Yamaha DV-C6760 DVD/CD/SACD Player
Home Headroom Amplifier

Grado SR60 w. SR325 drivers.
Triple Fi 10
Super Fi 5
AKG K301
HD580
HD490
Sony MDR Z700
ATH PRO5MS
and more!

By then, some of these'll be gone because I'm constantly trading headphones.

Jun 24, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #75 of 236

Quote:

Where is home now,,,Jeff...I may make this one, I just today got my Balancing Act,,with the Meridian 808.2 it is a must hear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back