Annual New Jersey Meet -- Saturday July 24th
Jun 29, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #91 of 236
Of course we want you, Yikes! 

BPJ, I look forward to meeting you.  Besides the usual advice of "treat peoples schiit nicely" and "wash your ears before coming," just make sure you have a good time!  talk to as many people as possible, especially the DIY'ers.  bring your own CD mix with songs you are very familiar with, so you can easily compare gear :) 

Jun 29, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #92 of 236
When did you order your LCD2's?  Id be happy to bring a Phonitor for them - let me know closer to the meet if the cans arrive :) 

Quote:
If Audioze acts fast enough, I will also have a new pair of LCD-2's, but it would have to play out of someone else's amp
since all I'm bringing is the Dareds.

Jun 29, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #93 of 236
Quote:
Hmmm.... A meet within driving range. I'm in, if you'll have me. Let me know if you want me to do my usual Not So Silent Auction. It's more of a New York tradition, but I'm willing. I'll start looking for tasty stuff to donate.

At this point I'm not sure what I'd bring, I'll ruminate on it.

I am looking forward to being there with my Meridian 808.2i and my new Balancing Act..Yikes could you bring your Denon AH-D7000 Siltech Recable balanced with JMoney pads? Please..

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #94 of 236

Quote:
Quote:
Hmmm.... A meet within driving range. I'm in, if you'll have me. Let me know if you want me to do my usual Not So Silent Auction. It's more of a New York tradition, but I'm willing. I'll start looking for tasty stuff to donate.

At this point I'm not sure what I'd bring, I'll ruminate on it.

I am looking forward to being there with my Meridian 808.2i and my new Balancing Act..Yikes could you bring your Denon AH-D7000 Siltech Recable balanced with JMoney pads? Please..

Your wish is my Blah blah..... I'll bring them even if I don't bring my Balanced rig.

Jun 30, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #95 of 236

Quote:
my audeze lcd-2 were supposed to be shipped last friday,and have been delayed untill this thursday the 17th!
i hope there are no further delays. i really want to bring them to this meet. ill keep everyone posted

audeze lcd-2 are in da house
bigsmile_face.gif
 yaaay! i will bring them with my rwa isabella
may the burn in start.

Jun 30, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #96 of 236
Dang this is really tempting, hopefully I can squeeze this into my schedule. Do I need to RSVP or something by a certain time?

Jul 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #100 of 236
I am thinking of  about takeing the day off from work,so I could get to the meet early instead of leaving for jersey after 12pm.

Jul 1, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #101 of 236
i'd love to attend but if i can. it'd have to be a brief appearance as we're supposed to meet some friends in Bridgewater that afternoon. i don't know if my wife has the patience to hang at (another) meet for a couple of hours, but i'll keep my fingers crossed. hope to see you guys there.
have invites been extended to other manufacturers (eg. ray, justin, vinnie, fang, beyer, sennheiser, jha, westone etc)?
Dean, any chance you might be able to bring Bob or Jason along for the ride if they're up for it?

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #102 of 236

Quote:
i'd love to attend but if i can. it'd have to be a brief appearance as we're supposed to meet some friends in Bridgewater that afternoon. i don't know if my wife has the patience to hang at (another) meet for a couple of hours, but i'll keep my fingers crossed. hope to see you guys there.
have invites been extended to other manufacturers (eg. ray, justin, vinnie, fang, beyer, sennheiser, jha, westone etc)?
Dean, any chance you might be able to bring Bob or Jason along for the ride if they're up for it?

dave,im coming to the meet with my nephew,and we may be stopping in nyc on the way back!

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #103 of 236
hey if anyone reads this and has, or has access to a Sony TA-E9000ES HT preamp, could you help out a fellow head fi'er and bring it with you?? I'll be forever grateful if you could!! And yes, I know it sounds dumb and is an oddball request. Let's just say the blind newbie thinks he's on to something :wink: I think I'm gonna bring my DA777ES receiver to directly compare it's HP out to some real HP amps. While I REALLY don't want to lug around a 56 pound receiver, it's REALLY the only way I'll ever know how it compares to a real HP amp. But something aboot the 9000ES has always intrigued me........

Jul 3, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #104 of 236

Quote:
A jug handle?  Back when I haunted the corridors of northern jersey, (Precambrian era of 1970-80) heading east past the locale of the current Ramada brought you to one of the finest examples of the clover leaf junction ever imagined by a civil engineer.  Sandoz on the right, creators of saccharine and LSD.

Big Bad Pharma is still there, and the Ramada is indeed THAT old (but modernized).  The clover leaf is gone, replaced by a jug handle.  Did you used to eat at Wazoo?  Moved but still nearby.

Jul 3, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #105 of 236

Quote:

Yes indeed, Ari contacted everyone, and I bent ears at CanJam Chicago.  A lot of conflicts this year ... we'll see who shows up.  Jack (Woo) is in for sure.  Fang has a conflict, as does Vinnie I understand.

Summer is great for members, not so good for MOTs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back