Annoyed with Amazon!
Apr 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #16 of 29
I have ordered from Dahmart through Amazon as well, and my headphones wre "lost" as well. Dahmart basically said "well it sucks to be you" when I reported to them I didn't receive my item. I had a tracking number that said they were delivered and they weren't. Dahmart tried to pass the buck on to USPS and hinted that the mail carrier stole my headphones. I "politely" informed them that I personally knew my mailman who worked on the delivery date (which I actually do). They finally sent me out a replacement pair after a lot of back-and-forth.

I took this as a sign I should stick to items that are Prime Eligible from now on.

Apr 26, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #17 of 29
Yeah DAKMARTused the line "we wish we could control what the post office does" alot.  I really think they have some scam going on where they buy tracking numbers through usps website and somehow have them scanned like they were dropped off. Then when the package that was never really sent doesnt show up, they file a claim for the item. Way too many reviews with the same contents.

never recieved
tracking number only shows drop off

Something just doesnt add up with them. 

Quote:
I have ordered from Dahmart through Amazon as well, and my headphones wre "lost" as well. Dahmart basically said "well it sucks to be you" when I reported to them I didn't receive my item. I had a tracking number that said they were delivered and they weren't. Dahmart tried to pass the buck on to USPS and hinted that the mail carrier stole my headphones. I "politely" informed them that I personally knew my mailman who worked on the delivery date (which I actually do). They finally sent me out a replacement pair after a lot of back-and-forth.
I took this as a sign I should stick to items that are Prime Eligible from now on.

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #19 of 29
I have spent many thousands of dollars on a wide array of products from Amazon over the years and have had exactly zero problems or issues.  

Apr 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #21 of 29
I purchase soooo much stuff from Amazon and have never had a problem. But it really does matter you buy from. 

Amazon = got the item exactly described
Amazon - 3rd party company = shipping that took a little too long

Jun 8, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:
if i buy straight from amazon.com themselves and not some third party selling on amazon means certain safety and guaranteed good product right ? 

Yes,  generally buying from 3rd party sellers with a low reputation is a big problem. I never had any problem buying from amazon or ebay though. 

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #26 of 29
Amazon secret: if you call them and tell them your product is slightly defective in one way, for example a scratch, or that it mainly works okay but you're considering a return because it doesn't work fully but you're willing to keep it, tell them you are willing to keep it if they give you a 20% discount. They will always give you a maximum 20% discount.

I am not advocating lying just for the sake of getting a discount, that is wrong. But if you genuinely have some minor issue with the item, you can get 20% off. This may only apply to new items. I don't know about used because I would only buy used CDs.

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:
Amazon secret: if you call them and tell them your product is slightly defective in one way, for example a scratch, or that it mainly works okay but you're considering a return because it doesn't work fully but you're willing to keep it, tell them you are willing to keep it if they give you a 20% discount. They will always give you a maximum 20% discount.
I am not advocating lying just for the sake of getting a discount, that is wrong. But if you genuinely have some minor issue with the item, you can get 20% off. This may only apply to new items. I don't know about used because I would only buy used CDs.

I can confirm this. I bought a phone there, and the headphone jack didn't work. I sent it back. Second one had the same issue. I use an MP3 player anyway so I was like whatever, called them, they gave me a partial credit and I am enjoying my phone!

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #28 of 29
I have gotten a few things from Amazon . Few weeks back, got a used/ open box  Q701 from warehouse  but in the box was K240.
notified them and they sold me a new pair at the price of an open box. Amazon, in my experience, has an excellent customer service

It is sad but some do take advantage of Amazon or other retailers for that matter, instances where headphones are switch for less priced ones 
3rd parties  thru Amazon, I have limited experience with

Jun 9, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #29 of 29
PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back