Announcing the Da Vinci Series IEMs
Feb 7, 2018 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

Clear Tune Monitors

Member of the Trade: Clear Tune Monitors

Right after its debut at the 2018 NAMM Show, Clear Tune Monitors is ready to officially introduce its brand new Da Vinci Series to the Head-Fi community at CanJam Global NYC 2018.

After building a strong reputation in the music industry by providing custom in-ear monitors for top touring acts such as Pearl Jam, Snarky Puppy and Maná to name a few, CTM has focused its attention on creating a higher end product aimed directly at the audiophile community in universal fit format.

The Da Vinci Series' lineup is comprised of 9 and 10 driver models fitted in an aluminum enclosure with their Wave Integrating Sonic Element (WISE) at the core of its highly detailed and articulate sound.

Packaging will include two cables, CTM’s standard, high-performance cable, and a professional-grade 19AWG OCC Copper Clear Finish braided cable, a hard case, 1/4" to 1/8" adapter and a set of tips of multiple sizes and materials.

Specs:

ctm-da-vinci-ix-head-fi.jpg

DaVinci Series IX (9-driver):

Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz
Input Sensitivity: 118dB @ 1kHz
Impedance: 46.8Ω @ 1kHz
THD: 0.43% @ 1kHz
MSRP: $2000

ctm-da-vinci-x-head-fi.jpg

DaVinci Series X (10-driver):

Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz
Input Sensitivity: 117.2dB @ 1kHz
Impedance: 43.8Ω @ 1kHz
THD: 0.25% @ 1kHz
MSRP: $2400

Feb 8, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #2 of 69
These are some gorgeous looking iems! Looking forward to hear some impressions on em

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #4 of 69
That name takes some guts to use for sure. If you are going to call yourself that and invite comparisons, you sure better be able to bring it or the flak you take is going to be enormous. They sure do look the part, I'll be interested to see if they paint that pretty a picture when you listen to them.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #7 of 69
I will check them out next weekend at Can Jam NYC.

If you get to listen let us know how they do in the bass/sub-bass department. I'm interested in that I have friends with the CT-400 and 6es and both of those roll-off a bit below 200hz and a lot below 100hz. I like the house sound but was hoping for a sub-bass bump.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #10 of 69
If you get to listen let us know how they do in the bass/sub-bass department. I'm interested in that I have friends with the CT-400 and 6es and both of those roll-off a bit below 200hz and a lot below 100hz. I like the house sound but was hoping for a sub-bass bump.

Sure. No problem. I just love the artistic styles of Audio.

Feb 9, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #11 of 69
Both @Army-Firedawg and myself will be at the Carolina Canfest event in Concord, NC as it is was a bit closer to home. Maybe next time on CanJam.

Feb 13, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #15 of 69
How can members who live in Australia get a chance to demo them?
Well, we'll be at CanJam Singapore which is March 24-25 and the following week we'll be at the Portable Audio Fest in Jakarta which doesn't seem too far from Oz and seems like quite an interesting trip to make. We're looking forward to planning a proper Aussie trip in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back