Announcing the Audeze LCD-GX, the First Audiophile Gaming Headphone
Nov 22, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #271 of 437
Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for this thread and the review.
I am considering buying one thing worry me:
- The mic. I heard it picks up a lot of noise. Is that that bad? It is pretty important for me as I play with friends very often.
Thank you for your feedback!

It doesn't pick up a lot of noise. The problem is that it picks up everything the headphone plays, even at low volume. Probably because these are so open. So for instance it can not be used on PS4 or Xbox One as it will feed all the audio from the headphones back into the mic. Because on Xbox One and PS4 they do not allow you to adjust a noise gate or anything like that. So you can't adjust the pickup threshold to stop it from picking up the headphones. But I am pretty sure it's a wiring issue in the actual cable. Because I held the modmic 5 up to the headphones and it wasn't picking up the headphone audio. If you are using it on PC with push to talk, it works great, and sounds really good. Also, after comparing other headphones like the Focal Elex and DT 1990 these are really just overpriced by a lot.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #272 of 437
It doesn't pick up a lot of noise. The problem is that it picks up everything the headphone plays, even at low volume. Probably because these are so open. So for instance it can not be used on PS4 or Xbox One as it will feed all the audio from the headphones back into the mic. Because on Xbox One and PS4 they do not allow you to adjust a noise gate or anything like that. So you can't adjust the pickup threshold to stop it from picking up the headphones. But I am pretty sure it's a wiring issue in the actual cable. Because I held the modmic 5 up to the headphones and it wasn't picking up the headphone audio. If you are using it on PC with push to talk, it works great, and sounds really good. Also, after comparing other headphones like the Focal Elex and DT 1990 these are really just overpriced by a lot.
Thank you very much for your feedback.
I am a PC gamer so I am on Discord with friends most of the time and the mic is always open.
For a headset at this price I find it really unacceptable to hear of such problem.
I think I will wait until they fix the issue or something better comes along.
But the problem could also be linked to your unit in particular. Have other users noticed this problem?
Thank you!

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #273 of 437

Hello again,

Just wanted to ask you something please.
Do you think it would be possible to plug another mic on the LCD-GX?
I have the V-MODA BoomPro that uses a 3.5mm jack but my concern is that it looks like the LCD-GX does not have a 3.5mm port to support it.
Am I wrong? or is there like an adapter I could use?
Thank you for your help

Nov 27, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #275 of 437
Just received my LCD-GX yesterday, driven by RME-ADI 2 and/or a Schiit Lyr 3... both sound amazing. Lyr is a bit warmer coming off an Oppo UDP-205. Cans are defiantly lighter on my melon than many of the others in the LCD family. Playing Division 2, Witcher 3 and Call of Duty modern warfare. Mids are a bit more forward, highs are a bit recessed to my liking. Bass is impactful and present. Played some edm and techno, followed by techmaster PEB. when the bass is there, these cans hit very hard!! although nothing like the mobius which I have already returned. The mobius had a deeper sub bass presence, I did like them, just not with the usb cable... I just prefer analog and using my own amps..

Nov 28, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #276 of 437
Just received my LCD-GX yesterday, driven by RME-ADI 2 and/or a Schiit Lyr 3... both sound amazing. Lyr is a bit warmer coming off an Oppo UDP-205. Cans are defiantly lighter on my melon than many of the others in the LCD family. Playing Division 2, Witcher 3 and Call of Duty modern warfare. Mids are a bit more forward, highs are a bit recessed to my liking. Bass is impactful and present. Played some edm and techno, followed by techmaster PEB. when the bass is there, these cans hit very hard!! although nothing like the mobius which I have already returned. The mobius had a deeper sub bass presence, I did like them, just not with the usb cable... I just prefer analog and using my own amps..
Awesome. Thank you for posting. I just ordered mine. Cannot wait.
Did you get a chance to test the mic? Do you get the problem where whatever sound/music you are playing it feeds into the mic?

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #278 of 437
Awesome. Thank you for posting. I just ordered mine. Cannot wait.
Did you get a chance to test the mic? Do you get the problem where whatever sound/music you are playing it feeds into the mic?

Sorry, but I have not used the mic yet... probably won’t I’m more of a campaign mode person than an online gamer ... I may have to try on one of the games over the holidays... let me know your thoughts when you receive you set.

Dec 5, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #279 of 437
Two questions for folks who may have opinions:

1. How well would they pair with an m9xx? That's the current DAC/AMP on my gaming PC. (And another one on my Mac desktop, lol)
  2. Concerning the mic bleed/pickup - I'm going to run the mic input to the Mic-IN on my motherboard. I assume that somewhere in Windows I can try and adjust the sensitivity to deal with this? Or is the mic always going to pick up game audio?

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #281 of 437
Edit: I have now used them for many weeks and I edited by review.

Hello everyone,

So I finally received my headset and I got to try it over the weekend. Result: I love them!

First, let me clear something out. I did NOT have the problem with the mic that someone mentioned. There is no sound leakage at all from the headset to the mic. The mic is barely OK though for a such an expensive headset. Very disappointed by that aspect. My teammates cannot hear me very well, the sound quality from the mic is poor.
I paired my LCD-GX with the Seinnheiser GSX 1000 dac/amp. They sound fantastic and not tiring at all. They are not bassy but the bass is present and very detailed. Listening to any song/music is a real pleasure.
In game performance is excellent as well, positional cues are transcribed perfectly. However I can say that for competitive gamers there are better options. Igame mostly with the Seinnheiser GSP 500, PC37X and MMX300.
I found the headset to be very comfortable but they are on the heavy side and will get you tired after a few hours.
All in all, I am satisfied with the purchase and glad that I did not encounter they other issues that people mentioned. If you are looking for value for money this is NOT it though. This is really for audiophiles who want the best from a headset whether it is for gaming or music. They are just great for music and CASUAL gamers. They are not good for pro gaming and extended sessions where you also need a good mic.
One last thing,it does come with a very nice case. Extremely sturdy. I like it a lot.

Just to give you a bit about my background: I own 15 headsets/headphones but the LCD-GX is the most expensive pair I have ever gotten:
I own the following: Audio Technical AD 700 and ATH ADG1x
Seinnheiser GSP 500, GSP 670 (wireless) and PC37X
Beyerdynamic DT 880
Beyerdynamic MX 300
Steel Series Artic Pro with a Dac and the wireless version as well. Steelseries Siberia.
Sony MDR MA 900
Audeze Mobius
V Moda Crossfade M 100
AKG K712 Pro
Bose Noise canceling Quiet Comfort 35
HyperX Cloud Flight

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #282 of 437
@Jeffy14 Thank you for the detailed first impressions. So will you keep the Mobius as well? Do you see room for both high-end gaming (high-end for gaming) headphones in your collection?

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #283 of 437
@Jeffy14 Thank you for the detailed first impressions. So will you keep the Mobius as well? Do you see room for both high-end gaming (high-end for gaming) headphones in your collection?
I know you didn't ask me, but I also have both (got both around the same time) and I would have to say that for MY use case, I will keep both - I share my computer room with the TV, and open back headphones aren't great when my girlfriend is watching TV. For either of us.

That said, once she goes to bed, I've never been tempted to keep the Mobius on. They're really good headphones (I'm keeping them), but the physical comfort of the LCD-GX is way more comfortable for me (ear padding, clamp pressure wise), to say nothing of the more open sound on the GX.

Dec 9, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #284 of 437
@MrChunks That makes sense. One open, one closed. I actually do something similar from the mic / no-mic perspective. If I play a team game where I need to communicate, I put on the super light, gaming only Sennheiser Game Zero. If no voice communication is needed, I put on the LCD-MX4 for the incredible imaging, soundstage, etc.

Dec 9, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #285 of 437
Hello,

Yes I will keep the Mobius for now. To be frank, I thought about selling them. They are closed-back headphones and although they are fun I prefer to game on open-back headphones like the LCD-GX because I play a lot of competitive games like Apex Legends, Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG, Overwatch etc...
I also found the LCD-GX to be a bit more comfortable and the mic is way better. I dont like the mic on the Mobius as I need to put it very close to my mouth and end up breathing in it (which can be heard by my team mates) and I cannot control the side tone volume level. Having said that, the Mobius are fun sound wise and I would use them when I play solo campaigns like the new COD: Modern Warfare or when I feel like not hearing anything around me and listening to bassy songs.
The LCD-GX sound clearer, more natural and locating my enemies' position is easier.
So yes, there is room for both in my opinion and if you can afford it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back