1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Announcing the Audeze LCD-GX, the First Audiophile Gaming Headphone

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements and Deals' started by Audeze, May 10, 2019.
First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
  1. ruselok
    A small update to my previous post.
    I have been running burn-in track from 2XHD AUDIOPHILE HI-RES TEST ALBUM for about 100 hours now and subjectively bass have improved. So I can say that at the moment I am 100% satisfied with the sound.
    I haven't tested the microphone yet, since I am at work till mid October.

I remember quite a few people were asking about the weight of the headphones. I finally got to the proper scales and my pair weighs 490 grams without the cable.

cardeli22 likes this.
  2. thesheik137
    Anyone know if Audeze will make an audiophile-tuned version of this same base LCD model? I have no gaming intentions, but these seem like a good deal for some LCDs.

cardeli22 likes this.
  3. ruselok
    LCD-GX has regular 6.3 mm jack. So just ignore mini jack cable with mic and use it for your audiophile needs.

Luckbad likes this.
  4. Chintz
    edit: nvm :>

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019 at 6:56 AM
  5. Thenewbie76
    Thx for describing it perfectly for me. I tried them both yesterday at a shop and I just thought that the LCD GX was too neutral for my tastes. Do note I have alot of 'fun' hp, campfire cascade, hifiman X V2,Zmf aeolus, fidelio x2. I was looking forward to the LCD GX to bring forward to my UNI next year seeing as how it has a mic and will save me up space and it's also lighter than the LCD2. But now I think I will just get the LCD2 and bring an external mic. The pro of the GX for me is that the soundstage is a tad bit bigger. Though according to your review , the LCD2 will still suffice for gaming
    Edit= NVM, I forgot about the weight of the LCD2. Might be leaning towards the GX now

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019 at 6:21 AM
  6. ruselok
    I don't think that the weight in this case is a deal breaker.
    LCD-2 Classic - 550g.
    LCD-2 - 595g (Rosewood), 580g (Shedua/Bamboo)
    LCD-GX - 490g.
    60-105g difference. But in case of LCD-GX you do get an extra cable with mic and mini jack.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019 at 1:18 PM
  7. showme99
    I love the build quality of Audeze headphones. I just wish they weren't such a neck workout!

I keep hoping that someday they'll release an LCD series headphone that utilizes a nice, lightweight single-sided magnet structure (like Hifiman does).

8. ruselok
    So far I had no problem with the weight of GX. The only complaint I have is that after about 1 hour my ears start sweating.

First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16