Announcing the Audeze LCD-GX, the First Audiophile Gaming Headphone
Oct 1, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #256 of 435
Is a Creative Soundblaster G6 for example "enough" for this Headphone, or can someone recommend a good matching AMP/DAC which is connected via usb ideally (the mic can go into onboard). It feels a bit weird using a relatively costly LCD with a gaming soundcard.
It says Recommended power level >250mW on the Audeze HP. The G6 doesnt deliver that for the GX or? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...w-and-measurements-of-sound-blasterx-g6.7016/

Edit: I think i go for a AUNE X1s which i can get my hands on pretty cheap.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #257 of 435
I received my LCD GX last week. Compared to my LCD2C, Mobius and AKG K712 (typically renowned for gaming), I find the sound to be more relaxed, natural and non-fatiguing, yet still somewhat detailed. So far, I've tried the LCD GX with JDS El Stack, Woo Audio WA7D (stock tubes), as well as low-power gaming sources (e.g., Astro Mixamp Pro TR 2019, Steelseries GameDac, Xbox One/PS4 controllers). Given their low-impedance, they sound pretty great with most but sound the best out of the JDS El Stack.

Key positives:
+ Neutral, controlled bass
+ Liquid midrange
+ Detailed but non-sibilant treble
+ Decent sound stage and imaging (better than Mobius, yet to A/B vs. LCD 2C)

Considerations (Audeze is graciously helping resolve this):
- Tight tolerance of cable with mic
- Perceived channel imbalance (seems 2B louder on one channel than the other)

Question: What would be the best DAC/amp (with mic input) to pair with the LCD GX? Headfonics provided a pretty favorable review and suggested a warmish-neutral DAC/amp (e.g., Burson Conductor), but that's seem a bit overkill given the low power requirement of the LCD GX. Any thoughts/suggestions would be welcome.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #258 of 435
20191011_000124.jpg
20191010_192358.jpg
Just picked it up last night. And so far best bang for bucks from LCD family. It sounds more detailed than LCD 2C yet smoother than lcd 2F IMO. Mic is great for what it is for. Very controlled bass (not overwhelming). Skily mid and very spacious. So far I am in love with this can.

Oct 11, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #259 of 435
Agree -- it is a much smoother and wider sound compared to my LCD2C. What DAC/amp do you pair with it? PC or console, or both?

Oct 14, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #263 of 435
I'm waiting for my to arrive. Has anyone tested this with a mix amp pro Tr from astro? I'm curious to tested this on console

I've used the new Mixamp Pro TR that released this year (PC via USB and Xbox One X via optical), and the LCD GX is fine. It was definitely better on the JDS EL Stack, but definitely usable on Mixamp PRO TR. In fact, I've even used it directly to my Xbox One Elite controller -- and it was fine -- the dynamics aren't the same but usable.

Nov 7, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #268 of 435
Looks like Audeze has ongoing supply issues. I have ordered the headphone beginning of Sept. (in germany) and was just informed about another delay for the third time. The new projected delivery date is beginning of december now, although i can not believe the new dates anymore, because of the ongoing re-schedules.

Any backround on this from Audeze?

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #269 of 435
Looks like Audeze has ongoing supply issues. I have ordered the headphone beginning of Sept. (in germany) and was just informed about another delay for the third time. The new projected delivery date is beginning of december now, although i can not believe the new dates anymore, because of the ongoing re-schedules.

Any backround on this from Audeze?
I am pretty sure that Audeze is focused on the US market atm. I have placed my order end of August and received beginning of September. There were quite a few batches released since that time.

Nov 22, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #270 of 435
Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for this thread and the review.
I am considering buying one thing worry me:
- The mic. I heard it picks up a lot of noise. Is that that bad? It is pretty important for me as I play with friends very often.
Thank you for your feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back