Announcing the Audeze LCD-GX, the First Audiophile Gaming Headphone
Sep 4, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #226 of 437
Every LCD except the LCD-X has too little low sub bass for my liking and the LCD-X could use a bit more even so. So I'm afraid they lost me on this one. How about they make a blue one, call it BX (B for bass and blue) and flatten the midrange (all LCDs have as much or more midrange than needed, at lest to my ears) and give them the sub bass level of the Mobius. Then we're talking.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #227 of 437
Ordered it in germany with a delivery time of 4-5 days on 1st of Sept., but got a mail last friday that "the manufacturer can't deliver in time, because the demand is very high" and that "it will be available last week of Sept" again. Lets see! :)

Sep 9, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #228 of 437
Ordered it in germany with a delivery time of 4-5 days on 1st of Sept., but got a mail last friday that "the manufacturer can't deliver in time, because the demand is very high" and that "it will be available last week of Sept" again. Lets see! :)
I was also told 2-3 weeks, just waiting on a cable delivery (for the LCD-GX kit I guess)

Sep 9, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #230 of 437
I have received mine last Friday.
So far only positive impressions.
These are my first LCD headphones. Could have been a bit more of a sub-bass, but overall sound quality is very good.
Travel case is HUGE! Ordered a new carryon because of it =)
As a source for the time being I am using Sound Blaster G6. Can't wait to test these with RME Adi-2 DAC that I have at home.

Sep 9, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #231 of 437
Got mine today.

Great sound, it suits me. I agree it could use a bit more sub bass and bass but it really isn't that bad. Mids are fine for me. Treble is also fine as in it's not bright and it's not too dark. I really just like the overall sound of it. The sound fits gaming perfectly for me. I can hear people much better than my other headsets. I can hear them with really good accuracy, and I know this sounds weird but I can hear them further out than usual and can pin point them really well. It just seems more detailed even though not being bright.

Big problem though. And I have had this issue on quite a few headsets. The mic feeds back everything that plays through the headphone on PS4 and on PC if voice activation is turned on. I am using the G6 on PS4 and my friend just hears everything he says to me fed back through the mic. It's a shame really because the mic sounds fantastic.

I am going to set up a mixer for PS4 and PC and just use a professional mic like the SM7B with the LCD-GX so as to just bypass that issue. But since the LCD-GX basically plays like speakers out the sides when I am wearing them it still might feed back. I would really like to know if anyone else gets the mic feeding back what plays through the headphones issue on PS4.

Sep 10, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #232 of 437
Hm... i fear a bit that the bass isn't "enough" for me after reading the comments. :>
I have the Mobius and like its bass (talking about music), although it could also tuned a tiny tiny bit down and would still be ok, if not better for me. Should i cancel my order or try it out?

Sep 10, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #233 of 437
I think people are overexaggerating bass here. The GX has absolutely fantastic bass extension and presence. It's just tighter and more refined. Less bloomy and warm. It extends all the way down, and if you have bassy music, the bass is all right there. Unless you like an obvious emphasis on bass, I don't see how the GX bass is 'lacking'. Hell, I have a Grado White headphone on hand, you wanna talk about lacking in sub bass, that'll really show you just how much better the GX is at representing sub bass.

Yes, it ain't an LCD2 which is bass and mid first then treble. This is more of a balance between bass mids AND treble. That's the nature of the upper range being less dipped down on the GX, so there is less 'focus' on bass and midrange, and more of an even approach.

You can't have an LCD2 tuned to have better highs with the same exact bass and midrange. There is always going to be a change in audible presence when you skew things differently.

There's no such thing as forward bass, forward mids, and forward treble. You can only pick two, or have a linear balance between the three.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #234 of 437
I think people are overexaggerating bass here. The GX has absolutely fantastic bass extension and presence. It's just tighter and more refined. Less bloomy and warm. It extends all the way down, and if you have bassy music, the bass is all right there. Unless you like an obvious emphasis on bass, I don't see how the GX bass is 'lacking'. Hell, I have a Grado White headphone on hand, you wanna talk about lacking in sub bass, that'll really show you just how much better the GX is at representing sub bass.

Yes, it ain't an LCD2 which is bass and mid first then treble. This is more of a balance between bass mids AND treble. That's the nature of the upper range being less dipped down on the GX, so there is less 'focus' on bass and midrange, and more of an even approach.

You can't have an LCD2 tuned to have better highs with the same exact bass and midrange. There is always going to be a change in audible presence when you skew things differently.

There's no such thing as forward bass, forward mids, and forward treble. You can only pick two, or have a linear balance between the three.

This almost sounds like a neutral type of tuning.

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #236 of 437
I think people expect it to be another variation of the LCD2 type of sound. It is and it isn't. It's definitely more neutral than the LCD2 by quite a bit, so if you're looking for the same amount of bass and warmth as the LCD2, then yes, you're gonna have less here. But to call it lacking in sub bass, I can't agree with this. Relative to a headphone with some emphasis, sure, but not in the grand scheme of things.

Most of the music and content I play are reliant on bass, and the GX does it all wonderfully.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #237 of 437
I think people expect it to be another variation of the LCD2 type of sound. It is and it isn't. It's definitely more neutral than the LCD2 by quite a bit, so if you're looking for the same amount of bass and warmth as the LCD2, then yes, you're gonna have less here. But to call it lacking in sub bass, I can't agree with this. Relative to a headphone with some emphasis, sure, but not in the grand scheme of things.

Most of the music and content I play are reliant on bass, and the GX does it all wonderfully.

How would you compare it to the Edition XX?

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #238 of 437
Very different. The Ed XX has more emphasis in the bass, recessed midrange, and same-ish treble. Ed. XX has a taller soundstage and sounds more open in general. The GX sounds clearer, more forward, and in your face. They're quite different where it's not really a comparison to make. I think both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #239 of 437
Yeah let me clarify the bass. It's very well extended, it punches nicely. It's very detailed and clean. Definitely neutral I would say. I just like the way the TH-X00 Mahogany portrays bass and sub bass. I wish it was more like that. But I haven't heard a headphone yet that can reproduce that.

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #240 of 437
Yeah let me clarify the bass. It's very well extended, it punches nicely. It's very detailed and clean. Definitely neutral I would say. I just like the way the TH-X00 Mahogany portrays bass and sub bass. I wish it was more like that. But I haven't heard a headphone yet that can reproduce that.
No wonder. Coming from those Fostex, then yes, nothing quite like that. I speak from experience. My fave rendition of bass for a long time was the Denon D7000, which uses the Fostex drivers and same design. After that was the TH900. So yeah, it's definitely tilted upwards in bass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back