Announcing the Audeze LCD-GX, the First Audiophile Gaming Headphone
May 26, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #108 of 435
Yeah, good looking but the title is cheese at best. Who comes up with these titles, "the First Audiophile Gaming Headphone". Paaaaass!
Didn't you know? Audeze are the first at everything.
Don't you remember when they invented the world's first planar IEM, 40 years after Yamaha did it in 1978?

May 26, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #109 of 435
Sick! Ha ha XD, didn't know about that one.

But i guess if someone is the first one to brand a headphone that way, it's kind of legit, very cheese, but legit, ha ha. I'll correct that for ya Audeze, i got your back, always, here u go:

"the First and Heaviest Headphone to be Branded as being Audiophile and Gaming at the same time, till someone finds out that actually it isn't the first"

May 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #110 of 435
"the First and Heaviest Headphone to be Branded as being Audiophile and Gaming at the same time
Hahahaha. Yes, in our current reality, Mobius didn't exist first, nor the Vokyl Erupt! Erupt should beat it to the market, too, with less shipping & product issues.

May 31, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #111 of 435
You know what the silliest part is? The Mobious is specified as featuring "planar magnetic drivers audiophile-grade cinematic sound".

They are (unknowingly?) rising some interesting questions about what audiophile means. Is the Mobius not audiophile because of dsp? Maybe not purist, but in this day and age i wouldn't be sure about the latter neither. Is the Mobius a headset, but not the GX? Because of the GX's removable mic being on the cable and not on the headphone itself?

What makes the GX a gaming headphone? The cable with a mic? The heavy weight?

Mumble Mumble

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #112 of 435
"Audiophile", "Cinematic Sound", "Gaming headphone" etc etc are all just marketing terms these days.

If you want to dissect the meanings further, an audiophile headphone is a headphone that loves high end audio equipment, a cinematic sound is a sound you can see on a 30 foot screen, and a gaming headphone is made of doritos, mountain dew and acne.

Jun 1, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #114 of 435
Interesting...it's about time someone in this industry started taking gaming/movies seriously. In speakers there are products focused on music and products focused on home theater. Why not in headphones? Subbed.

I think this is an excellent business plan. My guess would be the sales were good for the Mobius and they saw a need. Too bad there is no pre-order price deduction for these. I bet that hurt later sales for the Mobius after pre-order ended. After all sales are what matters; I think these will do well. Keep this progression train a'rollin!

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #115 of 435
tl.png

Jun 9, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #117 of 435
Hey everyone,

I'm very interested to see what the Audeze LCD-GX are capable of and the overall quality. Would anyone be able to recommend a combined DAC/AMP that would be optimal and be compatible to use for Playstation 4? Eventually PS5 and PC. One required feature I would need to have in the DAC/AMP is to be able to adjust the ratio of game volume and chat volume audio separately. (Check out the Astro A40 Mix amp or Steelseries game DAC as a reference)

https://www.astrogaming.ca/mixamps/MIXAMP-TR.html?dwvar_MIXAMP-TR_color=Black#start=1 (Game/Voice Balancing)

https://steelseries.com/gaming-accessories/gamedac (Chat Mix)

Also on a side note I had just purchased a pair of the Steelseries Arctis Pro + Game DAC, Does anyone have any experience with this head set? I have only had them for about a week and so far i'm not impressed at all. first off I find the sound stage shallow and kind of tin can like and 2nd of all I keep getting audio distortion/crackling while playing ps4 (both game noise and chat). I have followed all of the proper setup instructions, upgraded my cables, updated firmware etc.. I had issues with them right out of the box. Steelseries seems to be pretty useless in assisting me with the proplem. They don't have over the phone customer support. I did create a help ticket on their website but the the guy simply suggested I try to use them on a PC to see if the problem still exists.. I told him I dont have a PC at the moment and I haven't heard back from anyone for a few days. Also from what I have been reading a lot of people have been having the same issues with audio distortion/crackling... Maybe i'm better off just returning them and sticking with my Astro A40TR + Mix amp until the Audeze LCD-GX are released... (Thoughts/Suggestions are very welcome). I am also fully aware that I could get Studio grade headphones, and buy a separate mic and build my own headphones for gaming.. however I just prefer to have the all in one option (just my personal preference).

Jun 14, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #118 of 435
As a combined DAC/AMP for PS4 gaming I would recommend to try Sound Blasterx G6. I am currently using one for my PS4 Pro connected via USB. It has enough power for Beyerdynamic T1. So far only positive experience =)

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #119 of 435
Definitely the latter. Gotta remember that adding gaming in front of something immediately sells more to a specific demographic. It's absolutely essential to add gaming in front of products. A known fact. Audeze knows what they're doing. Hahaha

Will it need extra amplification?

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #120 of 435
Will it need extra amplification?

It's quite sensitive, but it absolutely scales up. I think though even a decent portable amp will extract great performance out of them. I wouldn't plug them into a ps4 controller or other low output devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back