Announcing the Audeze LCD-GX, the First Audiophile Gaming Headphone
May 13, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #76 of 435
Attaching a headphone of this quality to gaming is a necessary move. (High End) Gaming needs to elevate from all those nasty looking and cheap sounding headphones that still cost hundreds of dollars. Sure the price of the GX is high in the context of gaming as it is perceived by now and of course for the reader who attaches gaming to a lesser experience than what he's spending time with but there has to be a start.

Knowledge and experience will sooner or later trickle down to headphones in lower price ranges. I'm sure there is a possiblity of introducing a headphone in the lower than the Mobius pricerange without all the features (DAC, Waves etc.) and massively stomp over Steelseries, Razer and Co (I know the Mobius already does this but imagine lower price rangers).

I'd rather have another big player next to BD and Sennheiser than none at all and people still whipping their RGB headsets like flaggellants.
The battle needs to turn towards better experiences and people having a broader (affordable) choice of quality audio gear over gimmicky plasticky bad sound stuff.

May 13, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #77 of 435
RBG is meaningless. Looks good like Britney Spears but in the end means nothing spiritually...

img-2437.jpg

May 13, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #78 of 435
So I just review on a headphone's own merits, regardless of price range or other headphones.
This should be the only way anything is reviewed.
I feel like there are too many reviewers still getting distracted by price tags, I mean it's only natural since we've all been guilty of feeling that way about 'expensive' things at some point in the past in one way or another.

RBG is meaningless. Looks good like Britney Spears but in the end means nothing spiritually...
- RGB is literally my entire life, I am so offend.
- Leave Britney alone :wink:

May 13, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #79 of 435
They still come with those unnecessary thick, LONG and uncomfortable cable connections... Damn.

You know, gamers want to turn their head around. Streamers too...
Audeze, thicker cables and large connectors do not imply that those products have better quality and durability...they just look and feel unnecessary. It's the main reason I still haven't got any Audeze till now. (except mobius.)

May 13, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #80 of 435
They still come with those unnecessary thick, LONG and uncomfortable cable connections... Damn.

You know, gamers want to turn their head around. Streamers too...
Audeze, thicker cables and large connectors do not imply that those products have better quality and durability...they just look and feel unnecessary. It's the main reason I still haven't got any Audeze till now. (except mobius.)

Dunno what you mean thick and large connectors. The cable with the mic is pretty standard, and not like the braided, non-micced cable.

2cf6v0n.jpg

about the headphone side using the mini-xlr dual entry, well, that's a given. This is a standard LCD headphone, which unless they completely change their headphone design will never be single entry. The headband design just doesn't work for single entry, unless they dramatically change that as well.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #81 of 435
Audezes connectors or Mini XLR have a pretty good strain relief. No wonder others are also using that type of connection. Like Kennerton, Meze, ZMF etc..

May 13, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #83 of 435
Yes size matters when it comes to linear bass response, especially if you want bass extension down to 10Hz without distortion.

I wasn't talking about whether planar diaphram size was valuable or not.

I was just confused as to what exactly you were comparing it to. Because it didnt' seem like comparing it to dynamics was a fair comparison, and in it's price range (800 dollars or thereabouts) Most of the planar designs are around 100mm right ?

Pretty sure all the LCD series is.

That's what I meant.

In any event it doesn't seem like arguing over marketing copy with a company rep is gonna be real fruitful, but thanks for addressing it

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #84 of 435
What separates this headphone soundwise from the LCD2C?

May 13, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #87 of 435
It's basically 1/2 of the internals of the MX4.

GX vs MX4

Single Fluxor magnet array vs Double Fluxor magnet array
100dB1@mW vs 105dB@1mW
No FAZOR vs Has FAZOR
Steel Band Pleather Suspension
vs Carbon Fiber Band Leather Suspension
Pleather
Ear Pads vs Leather Ear Pads
2 Cables one with mic vs 2 Cables one with XLR
Regular Thickness Uniforce Diaphragm
vs Ultra-thin Uniforce Diaphragm

If this sounds like the LCD2Classic, that would be a great value for the magnesium but, you have to like the red mesh. I'm guessing due to the specs the MX4 a big step up in most areas. IIRC, the MX4 is an LCD-X diaphragm with an LCD-4 magnetic array, the diaphragm makes a slight difference, but the MX4 to my ears is a turbo'd up LCD-X.

May 13, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #88 of 435
It's basically 1/2 of the internals of the MX4.

GX vs MX4

Single Fluxor magnet array vs Double Fluxor magnet array
100dB1@mW vs 105dB@1mW
No FAZOR vs Has FAZOR
Steel Band Pleather Suspension
vs Carbon Fiber Band Leather Suspension
Pleather
Ear Pads vs Leather Ear Pads
2 Cables one with mic vs 2 Cables one with XLR
Regular Thickness Uniforce Diaphragm
vs Ultra-thin Uniforce Diaphragm

If this sounds like the LCD2Classic, that would be a great value for the magnesium but, you have to like the red mesh. I'm guessing due to the specs the MX4 a big step up in most areas. IIRC, the MX4 is an LCD-X diaphragm with an LCD-4 magnetic array, the diaphragm makes a slight difference, but the MX4 to my ears is a turbo'd up LCD-X.

Correction: the MX4 does not have Fazors either.

May 13, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #89 of 435
That’s what I thought until I read it on the LCD-MX4 product page and called Audeze to inquire. The gentleman I talked to on the phone said things change and they keep the site up to date. I hope for Audeze sake that is a typo and mistaken information if you’re correct.

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #90 of 435

That’s what I thought until I read it on the LCD-MX4 product page and called Audeze to inquire. The gentleman I talked to on the phone said things change and they keep the site up to date. I hope for Audeze sake that is a typo and mistaken information if you’re correct.

Ha, that would be funny if they added the Fazors without telling anyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back