Anedio D2 DAC release
Apr 15, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #1,411 of 1,416
Hello all,

I have some questions on getting the best sound from my Anedio D2 Dac. I am using it in a speaker system. My setup was the D2 balanced outputs directly into the balanced inputs of a Primare A30.2 amplifier into Buchardt S300 speakers. I was using the volume control directly from the Anedio but the levels are usually under 50. I have heard there are issues with digital attenuation of this amount but that seems contested. Anyhow, the sound seemed a bit more impactful and less rolled off in the highs when I put the volume to 99 on the Anedio and passed the signal through a passive preamplifier before the amp. What are the factors at play here? What are the specs I should be looking at like input/output impedance etc that could be relevant to my investigation? I would like to avoid the preamp stage all together and am wondering if there is a way to go about that without loss of SQ.
What may be at play here is that there's a difference in output impedance of the D2 DAC once you go below volume 82 (resistor kicks in on output at volume setting 81 which changes the output impedance).
Depending on the input impedance of your amp this can potentially roll off highs.

Jun 20, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #1,412 of 1,416
Another question about the D2. I noticed that the balanced outputs put out 4v while the single ended put out 2v. My tube amplifiers are only rca input so what would be a good way to get the full 4v into the tube amp inputs?

Jun 20, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #1,413 of 1,416
Another question about the D2. I noticed that the balanced outputs put out 4v while the single ended put out 2v. My tube amplifiers are only rca input so what would be a good way to get the full 4v into the tube amp inputs?
You can't, and wouldn't want to under any circumstances. You would no doubt overload the input stage. Check the specs of your amp to find out what signal input provides full rated power output. I'll bet my last dollar it's near or not much above 2 volts

Feb 19, 2024 at 10:17 PM Post #1,414 of 1,416
Still in work today.:beyersmile:
1249252575.jpg
373556244.jpg
1243196524.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back