Android phones and USB DACs
Nov 27, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #9,151 of 9,526
Shanling M1 + Hibylink? That's what I'm using with idsd bl with no issues.

Thank you, ill look into it. Does the M1 supply bit perfect? ..... Its certainly a popular pairing. idsd bl + Hibylink ? Not sure what those are? ... Any special requirements regarding output cabling? OTG?
I have usb C to micro b OTG connects
Ill google it. Ive heard of Hiby player so i guess from the same writers?
Pretty cheap option too.
I did read somewhere that some feel the better the source the better the output from the Mojo, i guess its in terms of jitter etc?

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #9,152 of 9,526
Thank you, ill look into it. Does the M1 supply bit perfect? ..... Its certainly a popular pairing. idsd bl + Hibylink ? Not sure what those are? ... Any special requirements regarding output cabling? OTG?
I have usb C to micro b OTG connects
Ill google it. Ive heard of Hiby player so i guess from the same writers?
Pretty cheap option too.
I did read somewhere that some feel the better the source the better the output from the Mojo, i guess its in terms of jitter etc?
Shanling players can be remotely controlled using HibyLink protocol. Playback is still using locally stored files but controls are transmitted from a smartphone over bluetooth.

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #9,153 of 9,526
Shanling players can be remotely controlled using HibyLink protocol. Playback is still using locally stored files but controls are transmitted from a smartphone over bluetooth.

Yes i googled it. It would be a useful tool actually, thanks for putting me on to it.
Its looking more inviting as im researching. Is the out put bit pefect, as good as one could hope for, for feeding into the Mojo?

Nov 27, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #9,154 of 9,526
Yes i googled it. It would be a useful tool actually, thanks for putting me on to it.
Its looking more inviting as im researching. Is the out put bit pefect, as good as one could hope for, for feeding into the Mojo?
Can't really test it but I'm not complaining.

Nov 27, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #9,155 of 9,526
it might be the high gain thing but for sure my isine 20 with 24 OHMS wouldn't trigger that so I don't get enough volume the volume is ok but I need a good 5-10 more (so like 80-85) for my liking.

Use a plug extender / adaptor and plug it into your LG V20/30/G6 Quad DAC first without the earphones plugged in. It will trigger an " external device " mode that ramps up the gain. Then plug in your earphone after starting the music player.

The extra volume gain is about 10~15 points on the control slider.

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #9,157 of 9,526
[QUOTE = "west0ne, post: 12870597, membre: 450134"] Même cette affirmation n'est pas vraie bien que j'ai utilisé plusieurs configurations USB DAC / Amp avec le S7E tout droit sorti de la boîte sans avoir besoin de UAPP. UAPP est la meilleure option car elle donne un contrôle total sur les fréquences d'échantillonnage permettant une lecture parfaite, mais dans chaque cas le DAC / Amp a changé la qualité sonore / signature et a fourni l'avantage de la section Amp. La suggestion était que l'audio USB ne fonctionne tout simplement pas avec le S7, ce qui est factuellement incorrect.

Fiio Q1
iBasso D14
Topping NX2
Asus Xonar U3
Carte son USB sans marque (même pas d'où cela vient)
Dragonfly Black & Red (problèmes avec le volume comme connu avec Android)
Je suis sûr que le Modi2 a également travaillé avec l'utilisation d'un hub alimenté (bien que cela aurait pu être avec mon Galaxy S5 ou Moto G, certainement l'un des téléphones Android si). [/ QUOTE]

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #9,158 of 9,526
[QUOTE = "west0ne, post: 12870597, membre: 450134"] Même cette affirmation n'est pas vraie bien que j'ai utilisé plusieurs configurations USB DAC / Amp avec le S7E tout droit sorti de la boîte sans avoir besoin de UAPP. UAPP est la meilleure option car elle donne un contrôle total sur les fréquences d'échantillonnage permettant une lecture parfaite, mais dans chaque cas le DAC / Amp a changé la qualité sonore / signature et a fourni l'avantage de la section Amp. La suggestion était que l'audio USB ne fonctionne tout simplement pas avec le S7, ce qui est factuellement incorrect.

Fiio Q1
iBasso D14
Topping NX2
Asus Xonar U3
Carte son USB sans marque (même pas d'où cela vient)
Dragonfly Black & Red (problèmes avec le volume comme connu avec Android)
Je suis sûr que le Modi2 a également travaillé avec l'utilisation d'un hub alimenté (bien que cela aurait pu être avec mon Galaxy S5 ou Moto G, certainement l'un des téléphones Android si). [/ QUOTE]
Bonsoir, je viens d'acheter un Galaxy S7 auquel j'ai branché mon dac iBasso mk2 > aucun son avec Deezer et lecteur Sennheiser. Obligé de telecharger UAPP pour lire mes fichiers FLAC mais pas de musique provenant de Deezer. Donc sceptique sur la compatibilité avec iBasso D14

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #9,162 of 9,526
I have a question regarding UAPP, bit perfect playback and replaygain information. Whenever Bit Perfect playback is turned on in UAPP, replaygain info is ignored. I have multiple recording at various levels so I need replaygain to work.
How would one configure UAPP with Bit Perfect turned off and yet avoid resampling as much as possible? If I turn Upsampling Off, is that bit perfect if within DAC's capabilities?

Jan 7, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #9,163 of 9,526
I almost bought a DAP, then I did some research and paid less for a Sony Z3. On Android 4.4.4 the Z3 does hi-fi over USB. SO whatever Dac is plugged in gets bit-perfect playback, just as if you were using UAPP. So side loaded music can play in Google play music and any sample rate your DAC can handle, and Tidal offline is phenomenal. Got a used Z3 near flawless Z3 for $100. Using a Dragonfly Red/JDS Labs C5 combo that I love. Looking into IFI IDSD BLACK LABEL before Christmas. Z3 is a great transport for music, and with 256,gb cards available, plenty of storage for on the go use

I purchased the z3 compact . It was advertised as on android kitkat 4.4 but when it arrived was actually on 5.1. Downgraded it to 4.4.4 using flashtool. However now I have hit a problem with the dragonfly red connection. I have enabled 'hi res over usb' on the Z3c but when I attach the dfr it turns from red to pink but outputs no music. Any music played outputs on the phone speakers!! If I use UAPP it does not even identify the dragonfly. Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas? I might try a different kitkat firmware to flash next.

Thanks for any ideas.

Update : Just thought would mention I am using the audioquest dragontail usb to micro-usb connector.

Sean

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #9,164 of 9,526
I purchased the z3 compact . It was advertised as on android kitkat 4.4 but when it arrived was actually on 5.1. Downgraded it to 4.4.4 using flashtool. However now I have hit a problem with the dragonfly red connection. I have enabled 'hi res over usb' on the Z3c but when I attach the dfr it turns from red to pink but outputs no music. Any music played outputs on the phone speakers!! If I use UAPP it does not even identify the dragonfly. Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas? I might try a different kitkat firmware to flash next.

Thanks for any ideas.

Update : Just thought would mention I am using the audioquest dragontail usb to micro-usb connector.

Sean
Been using DFR on 4.4.4 for over 6 months. You say you do have hi-res via USB checked? Is UAPP recognizing the connected DAC? The fact that you are having issues with UAPP points to a possible cable issue. If the DAC was properly being recognized in Android you wouldn't get any sound from the speaker when not in UAPP. That makes me think it's a cable issue

Jan 8, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #9,165 of 9,526
Been using DFR on 4.4.4 for over 6 months. You say you do have hi-res via USB checked? Is UAPP recognizing the connected DAC? The fact that you are having issues with UAPP points to a possible cable issue. If the DAC was properly being recognized in Android you wouldn't get any sound from the speaker when not in UAPP. That makes me think it's a cable issue

Thanks for the help. I am using the audioquest dragontail cable that works on my Samsung S6. Yes it does not even recognise the dfr in uapp. I will try another cable. Due to the positioning of the port on the z3c the straight audioquest cable is not ideal as it does not flex much. Is there any specific cable would recommend?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back