Android phones and USB DACs
Dec 31, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #3,841 of 9,526
  Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update, received a Samsung USB OTG Cable today

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Connector-microUSB-Galaxy-ET-R205UBEGSTD/dp/B004ULZD7U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388482590&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+usb+otg

I had read that my Arcam rPAC was a but heavy on the juice and I had seen no reports of it working, however plugged into my UK Note 3....... it bloody works. Sounds very good, slightly less power than when connected to my PC, but that is to be expected. Works natively without UARP so I am very happy indeed, as I feel the rPAC is a very under represented piece of kit. Can it be added to the compatible DAC list please. Now I am off for some more listening and sending the E07K back to Amazon.
Jim.

funnily, I picked one up today for £135 and was going to post the same :)

Does NOT work on HTC One though...

[Edit - Stock firmware]

Dec 31, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #3,842 of 9,526
Strange that the HTC One doesn't seem to like it? I was quite shocked to be honest, as nobody else seems to have got it working. I'm using stock firmware too, is the HTC 4.3? What are your thoughts on the rPAC though, I think its very good, but I haven't got much to compare it to, my brother has one fed into a Marantz 6004 Amp and a pair of vintage Tannoy DC12's and that sounds seriously good. Does it work with UARP?

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #3,844 of 9,526
  Latest version of USB Audio Player PRO, 1.0.1: Always the best SQ music player!

Just got 1.0.2 on my Xperia (actually scared the devil out of me. I was listening to Music when the sound quit and the phone shut down all on its own. After a quick reboot, the phone advised it had updated the ap)....Alas, it will only play a single song and then I get 'error playing' messages and silence...

Jan 1, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #3,845 of 9,526
The excellent emotiva stealth dc-1 DAC is on sale until Sunday. I wonder if it works with osb otg or with UAPP.

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #3,846 of 9,526
That's very unfortunate. This message comes from the Play Store interface and sometimes means that Google's servers aren't responding quick enough. I couldn't access my Google Wallet yesterday either which might be related. What is more worrying though is that if you purchased more than 2 days ago, the caching doesn't seem to be working. So if you haven't done so already, please contact me by email.

Since it's working fine on my Htc One I thought I'd just remove it and install it again and it seemed to do the trick since it's working again now. Let's see what happens in the next few days now.

I really like this player and appreciate the work you put in to it!

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #3,847 of 9,526
The excellent emotiva stealth dc-1 DAC is on sale until Sunday. I wonder if it works with osb otg or with UAPP.

on sale where?

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #3,848 of 9,526
I've one question regarding  UAPP:
-Step 1: I'm using CM11 latest build, when I connect my DAC the sound is working through it just fine
-Step 2: I start UAPP, it is also working fine
-Step 3: after I finish using UAPP, system sounds are still routed through the speaker - I have to disconnect and connect the DAC physically to go back to 1. Is there a way around it?

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #3,849 of 9,526
Hi all, first post for me.
I've just finished to read the whole thread ....
Purchased UAPP after 30 minutes of test.

I'm using it with Note2(4.3) - Fiio E17 - hd650 / ath-M50 /urbanears tanto.
Fantastic SQ so far.

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #3,852 of 9,526

Just got 1.0.2 on my Xperia (actually scared the devil out of me. I was listening to Music when the sound quit and the phone shut down all on its own. After a quick reboot, the phone advised it had updated the ap)....Alas, it will only play a single song and then I get 'error playing' messages and silence...

The latest version of USB Audio Player PRO: 1.0.3

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #3,853 of 9,526
I can confirm that the Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2 runs on a Nexus 5 which in turn is running on CyanogenMod 11 (nightly 1/3/14) with the USB Audio Player Pro app. I am running an external amp and I have only plugged the USB into the OTG cable. I haven't messed with it connected to a PC yet, does anyone know if changes made on the usb via windows will affect the unit hooked up to a android device?  Sounds pretty darn good in this configuration too! I'll post photos when I get out of work.....if I get to leave with the snowstorm..........

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #3,854 of 9,526
As much as I would love to use UAPP with my Nexus 5, it's sub par battery life concerns me. I did recently get the Google Play Edition of the LG G Pad 8.3 and will return with results once I receive it, buy the E18, and buy the app.

My wallet, however, says it may be a while until I do the last two...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back