Android: Neutron Music Player
Oct 22, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #1,307 of 1,374
Android play store
Try installing the generic apk on top of your existing install. Generic version is listed on the website with following relevant info:

These packages are targeting Android 8 (API level 26) and thus file access is not limited by Android 11+ with only Google's Scoped Storage (SAF), as a result Generic version provides:

lightning fast source scanning (Linux-standard file access)
easily accessible settings in /NeutronMP folder in the root of the user storage

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #1,308 of 1,374
Try installing the generic apk on top of your existing install. Generic version is listed on the website with following relevant info:

These packages are targeting Android 8 (API level 26) and thus file access is not limited by Android 11+ with only Google's Scoped Storage (SAF), as a result Generic version provides:

lightning fast source scanning (Linux-standard file access)
easily accessible settings in /NeutronMP folder in the root of the user storage
Christ on a bike. Maybe I can uninstall and re install and add the folders at the jump

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #1,309 of 1,374
Looks like we've got another update to the app, v2.22.7

Among some other fixes
2.22.7 (10.2023):
New DSP UI widget mode: Waveform only with/without album art in background
* Use signal for Alarm if music is playing during the Alarm time
* Updated AutoEQ database to the latest (end of Oct 2023)
! Fixed:
- FLAC file reading could be stopped due to bitstream errors inside the file
- playback button does not change state to Stop if streaming to UPnP/Chromecast and breaking it by pressing the icon
- rare crash in UI
- reverted to max 8 I/O channels

The now-playing display's "on-screen controls" button has two new view options, cycling from:

1. Artwork Only
Screenshot_20231022-170347.png

2. Waveform + VU-Meter
Screenshot_20231022-170352.png

3. Artwork + Waveform + VU-Meter
Screenshot_20231022-170357.png

4. (New) Waveform *No VU-Meter*
Screenshot_20231022-170404.png

5. (New) Artwork + Waveform *No VU-Meter*
Screenshot_20231022-170411.png

6. Blank
Screenshot_20231022-170416.png

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #1,311 of 1,374
@PsiCore, if OS refuses to install apk on top you can force reinstall via console command:

Code:
adb install -r NeutronMP_ARM64.apk

-r switch is causing forced install and thus if settings are not in public /NeutronMP but inside app's sandbox then they won't be lost. Generic APK targets lower Android version which does not enforce SAF and allows to use standard Posix paths via standard Posix file API which is fast, unlike clunky SAF.

Dec 16, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #1,312 of 1,374
Where do my playlist keep disappearing? @dmitrykos

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:32 AM Post #1,314 of 1,374
Reduce/ deactivate oversampling

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #1,317 of 1,374
i have problem so if i play neutron with dac noises appear i set frequency on 768k and active follow source frequency. Is that any thing that can remove the noises? thank you

768 kHz is quite high frequency, so you need fast CPU and memory of mobile device to handle it in real-time smoothly. Otherwise buffer underruns give noise. You could try increasing HW and SW Latency in Audio Hardware, it may help at some extent due to larger buffer but still it seems CPU can't handle it normally on your device. Also, if device goes into low-power mode (screen goes off) OS can change global thread scheduling policy and can limit processes to consume some max % of CPU.

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #1,318 of 1,374
A few issues that are new for me...version 2.23.3 version from the Play store on a FiiO M11.

I am now getting ads on the paid version?

When fast scrolling through the list of songs - it will never take back to the top (aka song #1) in my library - it will go on a continuous loop. It will reach about 14000 in the scroll list, and then back to the very end of my list. Frustrating.

Feb 10, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #1,319 of 1,374
That's weird. Without *proof* I'm likely to call bs? I've just never ever had generic non-descript "ads" in any paid version, play or website build, or any trial version of Neutron for that matter.

When fast scrolling through the list of songs - it will never take back to the top (aka song #1) in my library - it will go on a continuous loop. It will reach about 14000 in the scroll list, and then back to the very end of my list. Frustrating.
I have a little north of 14k songs in my Neutron library, and I don't have this issue? (Is your library many times larger than this figure of 14000?) You swipe up or down, or use the slider on the right-hand side of the list. All tracks are visible without artificial limitation, just scroll to them?
Just saying "it [reaches] about 14000 in the scroll list, and then back to the very end of my list" isn't very descriptive.

Feb 10, 2024 at 3:03 AM Post #1,320 of 1,374

Neutron Player never shows any 3-rd party ads, nor paid nor Eval version from the day one of its public release back in 2011. It may show message from the developer about some ongoing major issue (like coping with empty library due to requirement to create source using SAF permission on Android 11++), it may friendly remind about another product from the developer (Neutron Code), like Neutron Recorder, which is shown once per installation. Any other 3-rd party ads can probably be pushed by some malware services running on your device, you could attach a screenshot in your post to demonstrate what you are getting.

It will reach about 14000 in the scroll list, and then back to the very end of my list.

It is unclear. So you mean you are in the bottom then scrolling fast (with a slider on the right side?) to the top and getting back to the end of the list? You are the first who reported such misbehavior, so if you are able to reproduce please send e-mail to neutronmp@gmail.com with more details, so we could discuss how to reproduce it in the dev. environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back