Android: Neutron Music Player
Aug 13, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #916 of 1,374
Well I'm also using 10 EQ filters. And more times often than not, I'm using crossfeed too. So all this causes hiccups if I kept it in 64 bit mode.

At least it did months ago. I'll have to try again since I understand the DSD modulator settings have been tweaked by dev and may present less strain on the cpu now.

Aug 29, 2020 at 3:18 AM Post #919 of 1,374
Hi, I'm new to this thread, wanted to ask if there any walkthrough or how to section for using USB DAC with Neutron player?
I'm using FiiO BTR3 as usb dac with oneplus 7t pro as DAP.
The Neutron detects the FiiO BTR3 driver but there's no sound output.
But when turned off the direct USB access, the player uses generic driver (Audiotrack or OpenSL ES) then only I could hear sound output through usb.

Help me understand the Direct USB access feature for this player.

The btr3 runs smooth with other players like Hiby/ UAPP but fails to give sound output when used Neutron player.

Aug 30, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #920 of 1,374
There is improvement indeed in the latest versions. Not sure about the changelog as well and when it happened, but improvement there is. Meybe around 10-15% depending on the CPU and what kind of files you are using. Noticed this last month.

I noticed that too. I'm running Neutron on an old Moto X 2013 and I noticed a nice bump in sound quality about 6 weeks ago after an update.

Oct 7, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #922 of 1,374
How do I stop Neutron from resuming playback whenever I finish taking a call after I have previously exited the app?

I was having an issue with Neutron launching itself when I pressed the Play/Pause button on my earphone cable, to resume playing music in other apps - so I used Titanium Backup to Freeze/Disable Neutron.

Oct 8, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #923 of 1,374
How do I stop Neutron from resuming playback whenever I finish taking a call after I have previously exited the app?

May be something in your system is issuing Headset connection/Play button start event? It can be revealed by logs (logcat) if you have access to the logcat logs (or may be taking bug report when that unexpected launch happened would be useful too: https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/bug-report). If you get such log please e-mail it to the support e-mail: neutronmp@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #924 of 1,374
I was having an issue with Neutron launching itself when I pressed the Play/Pause button on my earphone cable, to resume playing music in other apps - so I used Titanium Backup to Freeze/Disable Neutron.

Probably check advanced settings of your device and check if headphones connection to launch music player option is selected by default. Although it usually isn't but as @dmitrykos mentioned it might be some random app using the feature.

Oct 9, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #925 of 1,374
Probably check advanced settings of your device and check if headphones connection to launch music player option is selected by default. Although it usually isn't but as @dmitrykos mentioned it might be some random app using the feature.

I'm not sure whether I've seen that setting in the LineageOS that I'm running.

Oct 9, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #926 of 1,374
I'm not sure whether I've seen that setting in the LineageOS that I'm running.

Yeah Lineage doesn't have that setting. It's mostly available in ROMs with heavy customisation like RR, Derpfest etc. Then it's likely to be some naughty app that is causing mischief

Oct 9, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #928 of 1,374
May be something in your system is issuing Headset connection/Play button start event? It can be revealed by logs (logcat) if you have access to the logcat logs (or may be taking bug report when that unexpected launch happened would be useful too: https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/bug-report). If you get such log please e-mail it to the support e-mail: neutronmp@gmail.com

Something must have happened between the time of my post and now because I just tried to recreate the issue but couldn't.

Though I started using a tws iem later that day instead of the wired USB c akg iem that came with my phone.

And I suspect the problem disappeared after I started using the tws iem, reason I forgot about my post here until today.

I will closely monitor and report if it happens again.

Edit: I forgot I had earlier started to reply before I went back to try to recreate the issue.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #929 of 1,374
Good day.

Does somebody know if there is a way to disable the album art scanning (i know, its weird) ?

As i understand, Neutron players search for a metadata in the music file containing album art cover. If it doesnt have one, it then looks if there is any kind of image in that folder where the music files you are playing are.
This is all fine of course. I dont have tags however, when i put my music into SD card, i have a folder for each album. Avg. 10 music files and 1 image file. The album art is not in the tag. Its a separate jpg. file in the folder.
What i noticed is, everytime when you start Neutron, it scans all the folders on startup, and then shows the album art. I guess it does that because the images are not in the tag but as separated jpg. files. So i ask if somebody know if there is a way to disable this scan on startup, configure the settings somehow so it does not look for a jpg. files.

I tried different settings in the media library section, it always scan for the images on program startup, even if the library is build and refreshed.

Another thing i noticed is it builds relatively large cache file size for the time when the program is working. When i close it, it clears it. And on startup again building.

Meybe this is very specific situation, to have the album art not embedded in a tag, but if somebody knows a way to disable the album art scan, or disable the album art showing at all in folder view, or at "playing now" screen as well.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #930 of 1,374
Good day.

Does somebody know if there is a way to disable the album art scanning (i know, its weird) ?

As i understand, Neutron players search for a metadata in the music file containing album art cover. If it doesnt have one, it then looks if there is any kind of image in that folder where the music files you are playing are.
This is all fine of course. I dont have tags however, when i put my music into SD card, i have a folder for each album. Avg. 10 music files and 1 image file. The album art is not in the tag. Its a separate jpg. file in the folder.
What i noticed is, everytime when you start Neutron, it scans all the folders on startup, and then shows the album art. I guess it does that because the images are not in the tag but as separated jpg. files. So i ask if somebody know if there is a way to disable this scan on startup, configure the settings somehow so it does not look for a jpg. files.

I tried different settings in the media library section, it always scan for the images on program startup, even if the library is build and refreshed.

Another thing i noticed is it builds relatively large cache file size for the time when the program is working. When i close it, it clears it. And on startup again building.

Meybe this is very specific situation, to have the album art not embedded in a tag, but if somebody knows a way to disable the album art scan, or disable the album art showing at all in folder view, or at "playing now" screen as well.

So in Neutron’s Settings-> Media Library, scroll down and you should see:

AEB24E10-EE33-4C8F-8092-58102D70F9D3.png

For you I suppose you’d want to make sure ‘prefer metadata album art’ is disabled.

If you’re noticing neutron perform a scan on startup, go to Neutron’s Settings-> Media Library-> Sources and disable each LED/Button like so:
BE7F1085-C2BC-44DE-B8C1-9DFE562B785A.png

Whenever you want to refresh your library, go in and select the LED/Button for the storage in question, and deselect it when scanning is done.

If you want album art to not be shown from folder view, from your library long press on the folders view and you’ll see:
288F30D7-CAA2-4CD8-9932-8E1033A9A8D9.png

Click setup and you’ll see:
9972C4F3-E9B4-475C-8E44-8760C9A637E3.png

Go ahead and deselect Album Artwork LED/Button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back