Android: Neutron Music Player
Aug 21, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #616 of 1,374
I agree with you the software piracy is a problem especially from popular and expensive products like Microsoft, Adobe, etc. However, respectfully, I don't think you product has the same volume and really it is a niche market, so piracy is minimal.

Since I would like to purchase your product, I'm still put off by your authentication method but reason outlined Google Play store is not viable option for some of us in this DAP community. So that's this license check only ever done once? What if you decided to change device and move the app to this, authentication required again?

I still can't understand whey software license keys can't be implemented as is simple and easy to use for the user. The user name/email address could be encrypted within the key and be displayed on the splash screen so any pirated copies distributed you';ll know where it originated from. I believe making it easy for the user is key otherwise you risk alienating them. I guess you already read messages where the current method has caused grieve for members here, and elsewhere I'm sure.

Don't get me wrong, I used the trial version and absolutely love it and also that you have made it standalone too (i.e. not tied to Google Store), and hope you take this as a constructive criticism and not as a bash against your product.

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #617 of 1,374
Perhaps it can be added to Amazon app store in the future?

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #619 of 1,374
I agree with you the software piracy is a problem especially from popular and expensive products like Microsoft, Adobe, etc. However, respectfully, I don't think you product has the same volume and really it is a niche market, so piracy is minimal.

Piracy existed in the past (of Neutron, before it was protected) and had major impact, no one would buy product when it is for free... For the developer (any) it results in less resources and possibilities to keep actively developing the product. So here is a trade off between convenience of product registration and its steady long term development. As I have mentioned you could avoid input any e-mail address directly to Neutron and rather register e-mail via OS settings, or just create some empty e-mail just for such kind of registrations.

Key generation can be cracked if attacker finds out the hashing algorithm and keys which are usually inside the binary, so therefore so many apps with keys are cracked (key generator).

> What if you decided to change device and move the app to this, authentication required again?

License check will need to be done again.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #620 of 1,374
Instead of just a simple FAQ, it would be helpful if you have a user guide to help assist on setting like PEQ, playlist, etc.
Every software comes help online but this one doesn't :frowning2:

Manual is in to-do for the future but most functionality Neutron covers can be found in the Internet and Wiki, all the features are standard for the industry.

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #621 of 1,374
Aug 22, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #622 of 1,374
I've had neutron for year's and actually have not used it in a while .
Think I'll download it again and see if it's improved

Aug 31, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #623 of 1,374
Not sure if it's from recent software updates or what, but I haven't been able to raise my volume past half way for some time now. It will turn down, but not up. All other media apps are working fine. I'll make sure the volume is above 50 with the stock LG music player, and still doesn't work with Neutron. Very, very frustrating. So I finally downloaded UAPP. It's alright, but not nearly as much stuff / settings to play with. I don't think it sounds as good as Neutron. I have all the settings correct too, I believe. Very disappointing. Neutron is fully updated too. Maybe the developer hasn't caught up with Pie yet.

Aug 31, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #627 of 1,374
So far the Neutron's been performing quite well. I don't think dx229 could have survived without it.
Question if I may ask...if anyone has done it or know. Is there a way to create or modify the playlist file (*.m3u8)
on the PC and move it to the DAP?

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #628 of 1,374
I purchased the Neutron player a while back, but don't like the sound out of it. It sounds like their's some software processing going on with the sound. Usb audio player pro on the other hand with bit-perfect sounds clean to me.

Since Neutron player sounds like there is some sort of enhancement going on to the sound, I can see people preferring it, but I don't like that personally.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #629 of 1,374
I purchased the Neutron player a while back, but don't like the sound out of it. It sounds like their's some software processing going on with the sound. Usb audio player pro on the other hand with bit-perfect sounds clean to me.

Since Neutron player sounds like there is some sort of enhancement going on to the sound, I can see people preferring it, but I don't like that personally.

What phone do you use? Or do you use usb DAC?

If you used from phone, then neutron also has bit perfect support (in audio hardware, follow frequency) if your phone is compatible with such as LG, vivo. So neutron and UAPP should sound the same.

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #630 of 1,374
What phone do you use? Or do you use usb DAC?

If you used from phone, then neutron also has bit perfect support (in audio hardware, follow frequency) if your phone is compatible with such as LG, vivo. So neutron and UAPP should sound the same.
I don't think they sound same. I do feel as though their is some added enhancement with Neutron, but I like it. I don't like using bit perfect with UAPP, because I can't use custom EQ when it's inabled. I can with Neutron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back