Android: Neutron Music Player
Mar 25, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #347 of 1,374
Hello guys.

Anyone to upload print screens of neuton's eq settings?

I'm particularly interested in a rock equalizer but a classical or jazz one would also be very useful.

I can't find any presets. I'm using the evaluation version and I'm planning to buy the full version if I settle with the equalizer thing.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 8, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #348 of 1,374
Hi! I am having some troubles with tuning the sound with Neutron. I just bought Samsung Galaxy s5 after using S2 for a long time. I am listening to lots of dark ambient, where low tunes and bass are frequent. To me Neutron keeps lacking some detail or richness, as if S2 (default music player) has all sounds slightly more tight and defined.

Thus I am not sure if this is related to the phone itself and that S2 simply has better sound. I am not familiar with the functions of any of the systems within Neutron. Maybe someone can point me in a direction of what I could try "tuning" within this app? 

Jul 8, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #349 of 1,374
  Hi! I am having some troubles with tuning the sound with Neutron. I just bought Samsung Galaxy s5 after using S2 for a long time. I am listening to lots of dark ambient, where low tunes and bass are frequent. To me Neutron keeps lacking some detail or richness, as if S2 (default music player) has all sounds slightly more tight and defined.

Thus I am not sure if this is related to the phone itself and that S2 simply has better sound. I am not familiar with the functions of any of the systems within Neutron. Maybe someone can point me in a direction of what I could try "tuning" within this app? 

What does the default player on on the S5 sound like?

Jul 8, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #350 of 1,374
Tried using this player again yesterday after about a year, still can't use it.

Even with superior sound quality than other players, I can't get over how useless the UI is lol, it's just too un-intuitive and not very user friendly. It even gets laggy while scrolling on my note 4!

Jul 8, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #351 of 1,374
  Tried using this player again yesterday after about a year, still can't use it.

Even with superior sound quality than other players, I can't get over how useless the UI is lol, it's just too un-intuitive and not very user friendly. It even gets laggy while scrolling on my note 4!

Works great on my Note 3 and you have a faster processor. The UI has improved but still needs more work. The UI for the parametric EQ has improved.

Jul 11, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #353 of 1,374
  Same, can't tell any difference. Tried both with Fiio and without, with Beyerdynamic 770 over the ears. Could it just be that S2's sound quality was better?

I believe there are different versions of those headphones. Which is it and what are their impedance?

Jul 12, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #356 of 1,374
  I thought that they might be 600 Ohms and that could be a possible cause as it would require a voltage swing that your phone couldn't achieve.

I understand :)

I did some digging and came over one of your earlier posts that advised to experiment with the default and a new preset. That helped alot, now at least the sound seems closer to what I am looking for. I still am very new to this, so if you have any other tips for that kind of music (atmospheric, non-rhythmic, lots of low tones and frequences, as well as bass, but at the same time very detailed) I would really appreciate it. If you have time, here is a short example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq9aEgB5nlE

Cheers!

Jul 12, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #357 of 1,374
  I understand :)

I did some digging and came over one of your earlier posts that advised to experiment with the default and a new preset. That helped alot, now at least the sound seems closer to what I am looking for. I still am very new to this, so if you have any other tips for that kind of music (atmospheric, non-rhythmic, lots of low tones and frequences, as well as bass, but at the same time very detailed) I would really appreciate it. If you have time, here is a short example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq9aEgB5nlE

Cheers!

That's why I use headphones that do not have a U or V shaped FR (recessed mids). This way when I use EQ to boost the low end of bass, the mids don't take a hit and the trebles don't have any weird slopes. I find that even when I boos the sub bass, I tend to tweak up the volume a bit to bring the mids back to balance. I work this considering the sound I want and how our hearing works.Our perception of bass and treble changes with volume, see "Equal Loudness Contour." You can Google that as well as "Fletcher-Munson." More recent versions of Neutron have a small graphic curve representation of each parametric edit that helps one understand what it's going to do. You can actually see how changing the Q affects the EQ.

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #359 of 1,374
  Can I use Neutron on two devices if I buy it in the play store or do I need to purchase Neutron for each device?

You only paid once in Play Store, and you can keep using the app on any Android device (as long as it is supported by the app).

Aug 13, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #360 of 1,374
Can anyone explain how Neutron can sound better than default music player or Poweramp, etc? It's using the same hardware DAC. I have tried on number of occasions with Sennheiser IE80s straight out of the LG G3 or with FIIO E18 via USB DAC. I have never picked up a real difference. Maybe I'm missing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back