Android: Neutron Music Player
Oct 9, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #377 of 1,374
Okay.. some of thing you can't fix with eq is slow bass.? Like no matter how much you reduce the quantity sub or mid bass to the point it's anemic but managed still sound wobbly and the opposite of 'tight bass' lol.

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #378 of 1,374
Okay.. some of thing you can't fix with eq is slow bass.? Like no matter how much you reduce the quantity sub or mid bass to the point it's anemic but managed still sound wobbly and the opposite of 'tight bass' lol.

If you wan't tight bass simply recess ±220-330Hz range and boost mids from 500Hz.
You can increase 30-100Hz range too afterwards, if you wish for more sub low-end.

It's all about making a dip in FR between mid-bass and mids, really.

EDIT: fixed numbers. :D

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #379 of 1,374
If you wan't tight bass simply recess ±220-330Hz range and boost mids from 500Hz.
You can increase 30-100Hz range too afterwards, if you wish for more sub low-end.

It's all about making a dip in FR between mid-bass and mids, really.

EDIT: fixed numbers.
biggrin.gif

That will not fix issues with mechanical damping or transient response. Inertia cannot be controlled with EQ. Such use of EQ will also alter the sound profile of what you hear and might not be welcomed by most listeners. The only recourse is to buy a different set of headphones.

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #380 of 1,374
Is there any way of reducing the font to 'standard' like on other apps in android? On my android tablet the font is way to big and the min. I can set it to is 80%. I need to reduce it to maybe 40 or 50 if that's what other apps are using.

Oct 16, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #381 of 1,374
That will not fix issues with mechanical damping or transient response. Inertia cannot be controlled with EQ. Such use of EQ will also alter the sound profile of what you hear and might not be welcomed by most listeners. The only recourse is to buy a different set of headphones.

Of course if you start with crappy enough headphones nothing will help them, but I disagree with the part "might not be welcomed by most listeners". Some of the well regarded headphones like M50, D7000, PRO 900, even Signature Pro to some degree - all have a FR dip around that same region relative to lower mid-bass. You don't want to go crazy extreme (like 7db boost & 7db recess) though. The difference between peak at mids and dip after mid-bass shouldn't be more than say 8db.

Oct 16, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #382 of 1,374
Of course if you start with crappy enough headphones nothing will help them, but I disagree with the part "might not be welcomed by most listeners". Some of the well regarded headphones like M50, D7000, PRO 900, even Signature Pro to some degree - all have a FR dip around that same region relative to lower mid-bass. You don't want to go crazy extreme (like 7db boost & 7db recess) though. The difference between peak at mids and dip after mid-bass shouldn't be more than say 8db.

Yes subtle fixes, if it's extreme I'd reconsider my headphones. I'm not keen on cans with V or U shaped FR.

Oct 17, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #383 of 1,374

Yeah,  maybe its about transient response or dynamic vs balance armature driver, not that you can't have fast dynamic driver though.

Oct 18, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #384 of 1,374

Yeah,  maybe its about transient response or dynamic vs balance armature driver, not that you can't have fast dynamic driver though.

Or try Magnetic Planar headphones. Amongst my cans is a pair of HE-500's, they have a pretty good transient response for percussion, bass, etc. Great sub bass extension.

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #385 of 1,374
The latest Neutron finally adds direct USB DAC support, but unfortunately it keeps crashing whenever I have a USB DAC attached to my Xperia Z3+, even when I didn't activate its direct USB DAC output (as Xperia Z series already have native USB DAC driver supported). Anyone else faces the same problem?

Oct 21, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #386 of 1,374
  The latest Neutron finally adds direct USB DAC support, but unfortunately it keeps crashing whenever I have a USB DAC attached to my Xperia Z3+, even when I didn't activate its direct USB DAC output (as Xperia Z series already have native USB DAC driver supported). Anyone else faces the same problem?

Same sad news here with a Galaxy Note 3.

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #388 of 1,374
Great I just moved to viper's DDC as standalone parametric EQ, you need a computer to set the EQ but the damned neutron laggy interface.. and I prefer my own choice of music player.

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #389 of 1,374
I've yet to try it. Does this mean we can use a standard DAC and not an android specific one?

For me it started working instantly with the setup - HTC One M7 - ODAC - Cmoy amp.
But I want to play FLACs from local network and can`t figure out s simple way to do it, it`s a PITA. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back