Android-fi!
Mar 4, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #841 of 904
Ah, we get discounts for signing contracts here in the US as well, but all the main carriers in the US now offer discounts for not signing a contract (for example I'm saving $30 a month on my plan because both phones are off-contract) or roughly 25% off the bill.

If it costs the same though, and you won't want to upgrade for a while, then you may just want to get the Note 4 on contract.

I might also suggest if you look at tablets to look into Windows tablets. I'm not sure what kind of anime files you play but I have an ASUS Transformer Book T100 that can play 1080p 10 bit FLAC Blu-ray rips while none of my other mobile devices (Oneplus One, iPad 3, Nexus 7) can. The display is the standard 1336*768 but it's IPS and on a 10" screen it really isn't bad at all.

Mar 4, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #842 of 904
Hey guys I have a LG G3. The sound quality is terrible and im looking to get a new phone. Was thinking about getting the S6 but im open to other options. Im a fan of the Nexus line and usually install some variant of AOSP or CM on my phone. Any ideas stick out to you guys?

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #843 of 904
  Hey guys I have a LG G3. The sound quality is terrible and im looking to get a new phone. Was thinking about getting the S6 but im open to other options. Im a fan of the Nexus line and usually install some variant of AOSP or CM on my phone. Any ideas stick out to you guys?

you could consider getting fiio e18 for android instead. i think it beats most phones.

Mar 5, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #844 of 904
  you could consider getting fiio e18 for android instead. i think it beats most phones.

I was considering that for awhile. But its like for the price I could get another phone (on contract) thats better than what I have and have half as much hardware to carry around. Good suggestion though. 

Mar 5, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #845 of 904
i would have to pay the price of a good phone on contract for e18, but not for a flagship. considering this, some people say that note series of samsung have good headphone outs, and iphones. i had never heared either. i only know e18, and it is just a few steps away from fiio x5, and well above the old x3. i have no ideea how it compares to x3II.

I would need some help deciding. I can choose between note4 and huawei ascend mate 7, mate7 costing half the note4's price. I am reluctant to get note4 because i had read in multiple places that the super amoled display gets washed off colors after a while, and in this situation, i might better get mate7, as it already has a bigger screen, and i will be using it for anime a lot..

Anyone has any thoughts on this?

Mar 9, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #846 of 904
I just bought an unlocked verizon HTC one max to use on T mobile.  I get super sketchy coverage. most the time it doesn't even work indoors and GPS is completely useless on it.  I really love everything about the one Max, especially its cheap price.  Does anyone know of other 5.9 inch or bigger phones that will actually work 100% on T mobile's bands?  The Mate 7 looks absolutely amazing but I don't know how I'd feel about spending that much.  Will it work with T-mobile?

Mar 10, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #847 of 904
5.9" is a really specific size, I don't know of many other phones that are that big. I would personally maybe look at a used Oneplus One for that price?

Mar 10, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #848 of 904
5.9" is a really specific size, I don't know of many other phones that are that big. I would personally maybe look at a used Oneplus One for that price?

I just mean that size or bigger. After spending a month with a screen that big it feels so awkward going back to a smaller 4.3 inch galaxy s3. The Oneplus one is only 5.5

I'm almost tempted to wait for the Huawei X2 that's 7 inches but still functions as a "phone"

Mar 10, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #849 of 904

I just mean that size or bigger. After spending a month with a screen that big it feels so awkward going back to a smaller 4.3 inch galaxy s3. The Oneplus one is only 5.5

I'm almost tempted to wait for the Huawei X2 that's 7 inches but still functions as a "phone"

Sorry, I meant that 5.9" and above is going to be difficult to get, because most phones "only" have 5.5" displays.

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #850 of 904

7 inches cannot be hold by one hand. 

on the other hand, huawei mate 7 seems awesome.

i am going to get note4 mostly, because it is so much better than mate7 at everything, but mate7 would remain my second choice, from all phones out there.

Mar 10, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #851 of 904

on the other hand, huawei mate 7 seems awesome.

i am going to get note4 mostly, because it is so much better than mate7 at everything, but mate7 would remain my second choice, from all phones out there.

I know 7 inches is insane, my family has a nexus 7 :3  

I don't know why anyone would want a 2560 screen on a phone screen... Unless you're trying VR with it.

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #852 of 904
that is kind of useless, VR does not work that good... i want note4 for to be a little future proof, and it might come usefull to have that pen, i work in a buisness in witch i meet a lot of people and carrying a phone instead of papers for memorizing things for myself sounds great!

also, note 4 has some other very strong points. considering the price difference, as i said, huawei mate 7 would be my second choice any day.

i would not buy anything bigger because it would hardly be pocketable anymore, and i talk kind of much on phone, a little bigger would be too big for me to talk with it. that is why i would not go 7".

for gaming and movies it would be great, but i would rather get a note 4 and a samsung 10" TAB, for super amoled screen, or get a good IPS tablet only for movies while travelling.

i still am going to try to VR with the note 4 i buy, because it can be very fun!

Mar 10, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #853 of 904

Lol I can hold my Nexus 7 with one hand and use most of the screen just fine. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back