Android-fi!
Oct 17, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #901 of 904
  Does anyone have experience with Xiaomi phones?  I was thinking of getting the Redmi 3s Prime mainly because of the large 4000mah battery, but then during my research I found out that MIUI now has a backdoor exploit.  Is it really something to be worried about or 'much ado about nothing'?

I remember a couple of years ago, Xiaomi pulled a similar stunt, they were sending texts and photos back to China without the user knowing about and denied that it was happening until a computer security firm stepped in with proof, so I really do not know if Xiaomi can be trusted.

To be honest I would be wary of any Chinese companies unless you could flash a custom firmware that completely wipes the original firmware. :|

Mar 6, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #903 of 904
I got the chance to try the V20 at CES. I'm now a proud owner of a V10 lol. The amp/dac works great with easy to drive cans and earbuds (VE Line).

Mar 12, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #904 of 904
Been using Android since the Droid 1!  I have a Samsung GS4 with Viper running a subset of my FLACs with Poweramp, but my Note 7 on the Alpha Poweramp (more audio output tweaks available for that DAC) is my daily DAP with the Pixel XL as my daily phone. 

I kept the N7 during the fiasco, and it pairs up nicely with my Q1 when I need it for some hungrier cans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back