Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
May 7, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #3,616 of 3,813

Thanks, missed that one somehow.
Sounds good, looks very good and fits my transportable usecase. But with the current weak euro it'll arrive at my door with a closer to €1000 bill (complete amp with tubes and bag plus shipping, VAT, customs, lalala). Not easy to push the button without an audition.

Is this thing available in brick&mortar stores anywhere?

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #3,623 of 3,813
 back in 20th July 2013

I decided to go back & buy the single Fujitsu Ten 1T4SF. Will hunt around for another. Ain't gonna match naturally but c'est la vie.

SCORE!!!!

Almost 2 years, I've finally managed to get a partner for my Fujitsu Ten 1T4SF. Won a bid in Yahoo Auction just a few minutes ago. It's 2nd hand used and fingers crossed that it'll work fine when it gets shipped to me later this week. It'll be a miracle if they're matched however at least I finally get a 2nd Fujitsu Ten 1T4SF.

(photo from Yahoo Auction) :-

The other two (1R5-SF & 1U5-SF) will probably be of little to no use to me, but will just a store it somewhere.

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #3,624 of 3,813

SCORE!!!!

Almost 2 years, I've finally managed to get a partner for my Fujitsu Ten 1T4SF. Won a bid in Yahoo Auction just a few minutes ago. It's 2nd hand used and fingers crossed that it'll work fine when it gets shipped to me later this week. It'll be a miracle if they're matched however at least I finally get a 2nd Fujitsu Ten 1T4SF.

The other two (1R5-SF & 1U5-SF) will probably be of little to no use to me, but will just a store it somewhere.

I am glad for you that you got those tubes.

I also got some TEN for my TU-05, but... strangely they do not have the same printing than yours !?  

--> are there several type of TEN ? 

Jun 24, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #3,626 of 3,813

I am glad for you that you got those tubes.

I also got some TEN for my TU-05, but... strangely they do not have the same printing than yours !?  

--> are there several type of TEN ? 

That's because your model is different from mine. Fujitsu Ten is just the brand. Mine is 1T4-SF, whilst yours is 3S4-SF. You'll need to look up/Google what's the difference between the two. I can find 3S4-SF a little easier (but not by much) than the 1T4-SF.

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #3,627 of 3,813

SCORE!!!!

Fantastic! They are worth the hunting out! As for matching, I have done a lot of reading about these old Radio Tubes and they are far less finicky when it comes to matched pairs than the bigger tubes thank goodness!

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #3,628 of 3,813
I had some off head-fi discussion about my recent comments about the TR07hp. To be fair I love it with I am listen with two of my IEMS (IM04 and Kaede II) infact when I listen to these two pairing I always stop only because the battery run out. So why the negative comment? Well to me a portable amp is something that should pair with at least majority of the IEM out in the market else what is the point right? Sadly my finding is not the case and last thing I want to produce my positive account which might result in members ordering this amp only to finding it incompatible with their own gears. 

Hope that clarifies the comments I made, I have been using this amp for my daily commute almost everyday, reason why I stop is because I am testing a new portable amp and that is why I no longer that it out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back