Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
May 29, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #3,722 of 3,813
Dear Kageyuki Shikada, welcome on your thread. And bravo for all the nice amplifiers that you built for us.

Now we are all looking for infos about your TUR-08 that is very exciting and promising, especially with balanced in-out
>>

Thank you for your welcome.
About TUR - 08 (especially regarding balanced input), I will write it on official Facebook including circumstances.
TUR - 08 balanced input is semi - correspondence. Because once, I made a full-balance TUR-08 prototype. The vacuum tube input of the differential circuit canceled out the pleasant overtone of the vacuum tube and it was very bad sound.
Therefore, in TUR - 08, conventional 1 U 4, 1 T 4, 1 L 4 are used single ended,
By making the amplifier driving the headphones BTL, I realized the unbreakable ground potential and power while taking advantage of the sound of the vacuum tube.

Jul 14, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #3,723 of 3,813
We has a small meeting today with friends, and we all found that the TU-05 really improve all our DAPs sound. it open really the sound WITHOUT loosing details.

Expecialy with the A&K SP1000 > TU-05 > HE-1000 hifiman. The TU-05 bring the magic into the HE1000 which sound a little flat direct out of the SP1000, even balanced (lack of power )

IMG_5272.jpg IMG_5268.jpg

I also found that with all my Headphone now I prefer to use the TU-05 at volume 100% and do the volume adjustment on the DAP.

So, I had this idea : will the sound be even better if I remove the volume potentiometer and make the wires direct ? what do you think ?

Besides, I wonder if some of you have upgraded their TU-05 with better parts since they purchased it ? Since I bought it in 2013, really want to kept mine up-to-date .....

Jul 15, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #3,724 of 3,813
Hello everyone.

I am SHIKADA KAGEYUKI of ANALOG SQUARED PAPER.
I registered with Head-Fi.
Thank you very very much for many posts (and Interesting remodeling!!) about my work!
Thanks to everyone, I can make better products.
I will reply to questions as much as I can.

ありがとう。

A2P Kageyuki Shikada.

Wow!!! I didn't expect to see you here, Shikada-san. Welcome!!!!

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #3,725 of 3,813
We has a small meeting today with friends, and we all found that the TU-05 really improve all our DAPs sound. it open really the sound WITHOUT loosing details.

Expecialy with the A&K SP1000 > TU-05 > HE-1000 hifiman. The TU-05 bring the magic into the HE1000 which sound a little flat direct out of the SP1000, even balanced (lack of power )

I also found that with all my Headphone now I prefer to use the TU-05 at volume 100% and do the volume adjustment on the DAP.

So, I had this idea : will the sound be even better if I remove the volume potentiometer and make the wires direct ? what do you think ?

Besides, I wonder if some of you have upgraded their TU-05 with better parts since they purchased it ? Since I bought it in 2013, really want to kept mine up-to-date .....

bmichels - you can replace the potentiometer by two resistors, but should not just remove it, because the resistor(s) together with the Input capacitors work as high pass filter limiting the lowest possible frequency (see http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/filter/filter_3.html f.e) (the cut off frequency in the case of the tu-05 should be around 30 Hz and surely is part of the design parameters of the amp ) If you remove it, the cut off frequency is nearly 1 Hz (assuming 1 MOhm Input resistance of the first tube stage), i am sure the amp would clip and heavily distort if all that very low frequencies lower than 30 or 20 Hz had to be amplified (if part of a signal).

Jul 23, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #3,726 of 3,813
I sent my TUR06 off for a repair as it was generating quite a bit of noise. Shikada-san finally finished his refurbishment and it's a great time to try the NuTube board he made for me a few months ago :-

P7230001.jpg
P7230006.jpg
P7230009.jpg

It seems to have a warmer touch than my Fujitsu Ten 1T4SF's - a different flavour for sure. I think it'll suit brightish-styled earphones/headphones.

P.S. For those unfamiliar with the NuTube thread and more popularly Pete Millet's NuTube hybrid (DIY??) thread, and a review of Apex Sangaku I wrote which employs the NuTube.

Sep 10, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #3,727 of 3,813

Mr. Michael,

Thank you for testing!
Mr. German guy has already responded. (Thanks.)

The input attenuator brings about degradation of sound quality. In the past it was better than the digital attenuator, but the latest DAP attenuation system is very excellent.

I think that it is a remodeling which has merit to directly connecting. (But just pass the attenuator, passing the capacitor after that will amplify the direct current and magnetize the transformer.

Originally, vacuum tubes have much higher impedance than transistors, so the influence is very small.

However, I am offering Pure Pad Attenuator of Tokyo Kohon for the sake of even higher quality sound. However, due to the large parts, mounting requires sacrifice of illumination or selection of long chassis.

Sep 10, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #3,728 of 3,813
I am sorry to leave it for a while.

I will provide a glass-like acrylic panel for my dear TU - 05 and TUR - 06 users.
We will announce the launch on Facebook.

https://twitter.com/Analog2P/status...rc=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://www.analog2p.com/

We are also developing a slightly increased core volume of the transformer of TU - 05.

And about TUR - 08.
Using 3.5mm TRRS 4P jack, it will be able to handle both balanced and unbalanced inputs.

Attachments

• IMGP1525_1.jpg
    IMGP1525_1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #3,730 of 3,813
i am looking to get a good tube amp sound for my iem oriolus v2.

which version should i get?

which has the lowest noise?

Hi, Thank you for question.

TU - 05 does not cause hiss noise due to semiconductor.
TUR - 06 also reduces the noise by lowering the internal gain.
I recommend TU - 05 if you can tolerate the size.
However, there is accidental noise from the vacuum tube.
(Microphonics from vibration, and contact noise of filaments)
These depend on the vacuum tube.

Although it is paid, I can attach a sorted vacuum tube.

Thanks.

Sep 29, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #3,731 of 3,813
hi kageyuki-san.

i have a question for the nosdac type 1.

the description in the website is still in japanese.

from the picture the input is coaxial?

does it support up till 24/96? i saw both 16/48 and 24/96.

which amp suits the dac better?

thanks.

Oct 4, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #3,732 of 3,813
hi kageyuki-san.

i have a question for the nosdac type 1.

the description in the website is still in japanese.

from the picture the input is coaxial?

does it support up till 24/96? i saw both 16/48 and 24/96.

which amp suits the dac better?

thanks.

Hi,

Type 1 is support only Coaxial input.

It can also be manufactured as optical input.

(It is not very beautiful because it is a board mounted type connector.)

The signal accepts 24 bits 96 Khz,

Since TDA1543 is a 16-bit DAC element, the lower bits are truncated.

Designed as an 07hp amplifier, some customers are combining with other series.

I am currently developing a new NOSDAC suitable for 06, 05.

Thank you.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #3,734 of 3,813
I can't tell for DX200+KSE1500, but, as you know, I tested the TU-05 with the A&K SP1000 and the KSE1500, and did not find that the TU-05 was necessary. With other headphones or amps, the TU-05 usually bring a nice added warms, but... the KSE1500 + SP1000 is for me already a perfect combinaison of precision and musicality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back