An idea for Head-Fi
Jan 10, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #31 of 50
I do agree about the separate forum for the recommendations, I have been seeing quite a lot of those threads.

On the flip side, many of the road people take to this site is through the Cmoy. When it inevitably does not work (myself included) we turn back to the site for help and more advice so that we can progress past total newbage.

I am sure there are lots of people like me with low post counts but huge lurk counts.

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #32 of 50
Wayne, find the equivalent quote in the 2 Gentlemen Lebowski.

Jan 10, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #33 of 50
Being a newer member myself, I hope my view isn't discarded on the basis of my post count. What people seem to forget is that at some point, you were that nooby newer member (wether it be head-fi, or another forum). We all learn as we go along, it's all part of the process in becoming an active, contributing member of a community.

Just my 2¢

Jan 10, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #34 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseDodds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being a newer member myself, I hope my view isn't discarded on the basis of my post count. What people seem to forget is that at some point, you were that nooby newer member (wether it be head-fi, or another forum). We all learn as we go along, it's all part of the process in becoming an active, contributing member of a community.

Just my 2¢

Post count means nothing. Welcome.

Jan 10, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #36 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseDodds /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just my 2¢

Of course.
smily_headphones1.gif

What the senior members seem to miss is that once you've got your beairngs here, the signal to noise ratio increases. Just because something isn't entirely applicable to your interests doesn't mean it should be suppressed. I often have to scroll through a page or two of new threads before I see something I want to read or comment on.

Which is fine. That's a sign of a healthy community. We should be thankful for that.

Jan 10, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #37 of 50
haha that's a horid idea in my opinion, my first post was me asking about headphones for my fuze, since then my interest in audio has gone up ten fold, and i still come back here every now and then.

Jan 11, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #38 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by smrtby123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am sure there are lots of people like me with low post counts but huge lurk counts.

So for the short time youve been here, you have a high post count in ratio!
It all adds up!

L3000.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #39 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So for the short time youve been here, you have a high post count in ratio!
It all adds up!

L3000.gif

He's been here a year, dude. Not just 10 days. If he had 312 posts in 10 days, I suspect we would have noticed him by now and would probably be having a little chat with him.

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #41 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ges, thanks for that! Somehow this reminds me of the scene from The Big Lebowski where they find The Dude's car, but his briefcase is missing:
Maybe the moderators could work in shifts to police the kinds of threads you're talking about.

Ah, but the search feature! Yes, yes, we encourage that.

Or the forum could get some more moderators...

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #42 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathisia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or the forum could get some more moderators...

Head-fi is pretty heavily modded in a lot of ways (too heavily in some instances.) They just have decided not to crack down on this thus far.

On a related note, I think creating a "choose a headphone" thread should be a bannable offense. 70% of threads these days seem to be on this topic.

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:54 AM Post #43 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathisia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, any new user spamming threads to get the required minimum amount of posts should be handled by the moderators (and if they are too busy, responsible members of HF should be able to point them in the right direction).

confused.gif

you're sounding like some kind of senator. this is a terrible idea.
threads will get spammed and moderators will get pissed off by having to deal with it all.

Jan 11, 2010 at 8:03 AM Post #44 of 50
i agree with the general consensus that no post count should be necessary to create a thread... but i do think it would be a good idea to consider a length of time that someone must be a member to sell used goods. i think it'd be a good protection for the buyers.

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #45 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He's been here a year, dude. Not just 10 days. If he had 312 posts in 10 days, I suspect we would have noticed him by now and would probably be having a little chat with him.

But thats still almost a post per day, which is an active member.
Some people have over 1000 in a month, which is crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back