An idea for Head-Fi
Jan 10, 2010 at 9:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

Akathisia

500+ Head-Fier
I have been a member of HF for a few years, and I was a lurker for several years before that, but lately I have found this site to be irritating and not worth digging for quality posts.

My suggestion :

New members must reach a predetermined amount of posts before they can start a new thread (maybe 25, 50 would be better)

This would force the drop-in-and-bomb-"suggest me the best headfon under $xx/best headphone for g4ming/HDXXX from a soundcard?"-posters to read and maybe bring back some of the actual discussion this place used to have.

Best regards,
Alex

(if this has already been suggested, I apologize for being redundant but it needs to be done)

Jan 10, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #2 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathisia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been a member of HF for a few years, and I was a lurker for several years before that, but lately I have found this site to be irritating and not worth digging for quality posts.

My suggestion :

New members must reach a predetermined amount of posts before they can start a new thread (maybe 25, 50 would be better)

This would force the drop-in-and-bomb-"suggest me the best headfon under $xx/best headphone for g4ming/HDXXX from a soundcard?"-posters to read and maybe bring back some of the actual discussion this place used to have.

Best regards,
Alex

(if this has already been suggested, I apologize for being redundant but it needs to be done)

It doesn't really bother me. If you don't want to take part in the subject, don't click on it.

Jan 10, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #3 of 50
That's the worst idea ever, to me Head-fi would be ALOT more smaller if that happen because people look at other peoples threads and get an general understanding of what to post in they're thread, which if it's a good enough answer they would probably stay

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #6 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonhapimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the worst idea ever, to me Head-fi would be ALOT more smaller if that happen because people look at other peoples threads and get an general understanding of what to post in they're thread, which if it's a good enough answer they would probably stay

The problem is PEOPLE DO NOT READ OTHER THREADS BEFORE POSTING.

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #7 of 50
Everyone's situation and personal taste would be different so they possibly need threads to tailor their specific needs. Actually, there should be a different section for headphone recommendations.

A minimum number of posts wouldn't discourage stupid posts. Here is a case in point
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/sku...urious-465691/

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #8 of 50
i like helping newbies.

even i was one before..and i needed urgent advice and got one here...hence i stick around

Jan 10, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #9 of 50
yea..maybe you should put forward this suggestion to Jude:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/pl...ewbies-353823/

rolleyes.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #11 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathisia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem is PEOPLE DO NOT READ OTHER THREADS BEFORE POSTING.

The search facility isn't that brilliant. I don't mind daft questions because you can always ignore them.

The worst thing on HF is the attitude of some members towards others. I know it takes all sorts, but reading some of the posts is dreadful when you see the direction that quite a few take. They go downhill fast, ending in name calling and insults which is not good reading.

Ian

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #12 of 50
I do not think this will solve any problems.
These new members would then probably find a somewhat (un)suiting thread to ask their questions, and hence risk getting that thread way off-topic. Better show them the way to the search button...

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #14 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not think this will solve any problems.
These new members would then probably find a somewhat (un)suiting thread to ask their questions, and hence risk getting that thread way off-topic. Better show them the way to the search button...

or new members would just spam irrelevent threads till they get to 25 posts..kinda defeating the object of implementing it to cut down on spam

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #15 of 50
On a similar subject, what happen to the 50 post minimum before being able to post in the Sales Forum? I have seen member that haven't contributed in any way posting items for sale. Yes those same members can spam other threads before posting anyway. However, it's at least one added layer of protection. I think Jude should have that put back into place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back