An exploration of Chord DAVE, MScaler, Qutest, and Holo May, HQPlayer
Aug 18, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #451 of 1,487
There is a better solution than MScaller + Dave combo. Do resampling on the PC, HQPlayer does it with a vast amount of PC processing power, result less artefacts, then hook it to Dave through a quality DDC $1K with regenerative power supply. I think a GoldenOne is looking for such solution, I am looking forward for a report.

Some people are trying to resample their own library with a studio quality resampling software like PGGB. It does much better resampling job than MScaller, but do not deal with ground loops, while Mscaller does. It is why adding DDC to a chain is important (and cheaper).
Interesting, thank you.

Aug 18, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #453 of 1,487
Does anyone know if Zeos tried the may on NOS mode in his review?
Why even bother with him?

He says it out loud that “DAC doesn’t matter.” He says there is absolutely zero difference between a 10 dollar dac and a 10,000 dollar dac. And he proudly says it.

knowing him he probably didn’t but it doesn’t matter anyway

Aug 18, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #454 of 1,487
Why even bother with him?

He says it out loud that “DAC doesn’t matter.” He says there is absolutely zero difference between a 10 dollar dac and a 10,000 dollar dac. And he proudly says it.

knowing him he probably didn’t but it doesn’t matter anyway
He's entertaining to watch. Just wanted to know if he tested the capability of the holo may kte to the fullest. He liked some other dacs. He liked/recommended the Schiit Gumby, Pegasus, and Matrix Element which are all over 1000.00. I'm just surprised that he heard no difference with the holo may and which made me wonder if there could have been a mistake in the testing process.

Aug 18, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #455 of 1,487
He's entertaining to watch. Just wanted to know if he tested the capability of the holo may kte to the fullest. He liked some other dacs. He liked/recommended the Schiit Gumby, Pegasus, and Matrix Element which are all over 1000.00. I'm just surprised that he heard no difference with the holo may and which made me wonder if there could have been a mistake in the testing process.
Because he is a hack who is proud to show and brag about his anime girl fetish. It creeps me out so bad. I just can’t deal with it. The derogatory stuff that comes out of his mouth is appalling.

and I as an owner of the Gumby and May can in fact hear a difference lol

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #456 of 1,487
I'm just surprised that he heard no difference with the holo may and which made me wonder if there could have been a mistake in the testing process.
Particular configuration matters as well, but I don't know what he said, not wasting my time for Youtube reviews.

The other things, I wouldn't listen what @eee1111 says. This guy put in my mouth things I never said.

Aug 18, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #457 of 1,487
Props to Zeos for his relatively elaborate switching setup though when he tested the May.
Now, you can cheat slightly, and put the DAVE into DSD mode then feed it DSD256 from HQPlayer. The way the DAVE corrects for issues with DSD transients results in a bit of pleasant sweetness some people may like.
This is what I do most of the time, for some reason DSD upsampling is easier on my ears with the DAVE. Although I've heard Chord DACs are inherently PCM and any DSD signal will be decimated to PCM. Maybe I'll try out MScaler one day, HQPlayer and its quirks are sometimes annoying

Aug 18, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #458 of 1,487
Particular configuration matters as well, but I don't know what he said, not wasting my time for Youtube reviews.

The other things, I wouldn't listen what @eee1111 says. This guy put in my mouth things I never said.
Does he or doesn’t he say all dacs are the same? What exactly did I say that wasn’t true?

You’re the one on a NOS crusade. I just quoted you directly a few times.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #459 of 1,487
There is a better solution than MScaller + Dave combo. Do resampling on the PC, HQPlayer does it with a vast amount of PC processing power, result less artefacts, then hook it to Dave through a quality DDC $1K with regenerative power supply. I think a GoldenOne is looking for such solution, I am looking forward for a report.

Some people are trying to resample their own library with a studio quality resampling software like PGGB. It does much better resampling job than MScaller, but do not deal with ground loops, while Mscaller does. It is why adding DDC to a chain is important (and cheaper).

I'm in the middle of building a PC with a Ryzen 5950X, 32GB RAM, 256gb NVME, 8 GB RX580 to run HQPlayer. The sheer grunt of 196,006 MOps/Sec in Integer and 97,091 MOps/Sec in FPU should be something else.

Aug 18, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #460 of 1,487
Aug 18, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #461 of 1,487
Does he or doesn’t he say all dacs are the same? What exactly did I say that wasn’t true?
This is what you wrote. I wote in a context: some say all dac' sound the same. It is tue for...bla.bla.bla.
In which context he said the same things, I don't know.

Aug 18, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #462 of 1,487
I'm in the middle of building a PC with a Ryzen 5950X, 32GB RAM, 256gb NVME, 8 GB RX580 to run HQPlayer. The sheer grunt of 196,006 MOps/Sec in Integer and 97,091 MOps/Sec in FPU should be something else.
More powerful computer, more HF noise. I suggest to get a good DDC first, possibly dedicated power lines, power conditioner. Then all filtering abnormalies will be recognised immediately.

But such powerful computer will be useful for recoding library with PGGB software.

Aug 18, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #463 of 1,487
Does anyone know if Zeos tried the may on NOS mode in his review?

nvm, looks like he did use nos.
Hes an absolute idiot and thinks all dacs sound the same lol

Aug 18, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #464 of 1,487
Hes an absolute idiot and thinks all dacs sound the same lol
Of course, but a guy who is passing it to you is known of twisting messages. He accused me for saying the same.

Aug 18, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #465 of 1,487
Of course, but a guy who is passing it to you is known of twisting messages. He accused me for saying the same.
Still trolling away I see. Good for you! Your boredom and sheer persistence are nothing if not impressive.

Please don't give advice about products you don't have personal experience with.
Honestly, and not to be a total jerk, but I think it would be better if he didn't give advice period. After derailing this thread and argumentatively trolling comments more times than I can count...enough is enough.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back