An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Apr 28, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #6,676 of 9,499
My doc said it wouldn't be good for me to remain seated for that long, so he's sending them a medical excuse. I'm not going to argue with him, if that's the way he feels, then so be it. :wink:

---------------

New shop dog, he's a Neapolitan Mastiff (aka. Italian Bulldog), we named him Enzo. He's almost 9 weeks old... I have a feeling he's going to get really big.

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #6,678 of 9,499
My wife told me how large they get, "You know that's the breed they used for Hagrid's dog (Fang) in the Harry Potter movies, right?" It'll be okay, he's going to be a watchdog, and we wanted a large breed that's good with kids.

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #6,680 of 9,499
Neapolitan Mastiffs get huge and the drool....oh lord the drool. He'll be really sweet though. Great dogs with people.

God yes. Buckets of the damn stuff. I have a friend with one, full grown monster. They have year old twins and it scares me as the dog is unaware of its mass. It can knock the kids over with it's tail

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #6,681 of 9,499
He's a cool little dog right now, but he's staying at the garage full time and has his own kennel. At the rate that he's eating now however, I project he'll be consuming whole bison by the time he's mature. His feet are hilarious, they're so big (proportionately) that he trips over them when he runs.

------------------

I'll post more about it later, I'm writing an article, but I took the Zonda out and really wrung its neck. We didn't show any mercy, and it held up perfectly. It's 110% completely screwing bonkers to drive. It has the best steering feel of any car I've ever driven (tied with the Singer 911), and 750bhp from a NA engine is pure crazy. Unlike boosted cars, where you know there's a threshold before it really pours on the power, this is perfectly linear, and stupidly fun. It's steer, cover the brake, and drive with your right foot, understeer or oversteer, it's all controlled by use of the throttle. I literally went from hating the car (because of all the issues it had) to loving it within 30 minutes. It's now a worthy stablemate to the `egg, finally. I guess there is something to be said for perseverance and being a stubborn SOB. :p

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #6,682 of 9,499
He's a cool little dog right now, but he's staying at the garage full time and has his own kennel. At the rate that he's eating now however, I project he'll be consuming whole bison by the time he's mature. His feet are hilarious, they're so big (proportionately) that he trips over them when he runs.

I'll post more about it later, I'm writing an article, but I took the Zonda out and really wrung its neck. We didn't show any mercy, and it held up perfectly. It's 110% completely screwing bonkers to drive. It has the best steering feel of any car I've ever driven (tied with the Singer 911), and 750bhp from a NA engine is pure crazy. Unlike boosted cars, where you know there's a threshold before it really pours on the power, this is perfectly linear, and stupidly fun. It's steer, cover the brake, and drive with your right foot, understeer or oversteer, it's all controlled by use of the throttle. I literally went from hating the car (because of all the issues it had) to loving it within 30 minutes. It's now a worthy stablemate to the `egg, finally. I guess there is something to be said for perseverance and being a stubborn SOB.
tongue.gif

I was wondering when "Tales of the Haunted Zonda" was going to appear.

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #6,683 of 9,499
I'll post more about it later, I'm writing an article, but I took the Zonda out and really wrung its neck. We didn't show any mercy, and it held up perfectly. It's 110% completely screwing bonkers to drive. It has the best steering feel of any car I've ever driven (tied with the Singer 911), and 750bhp from a NA engine is pure crazy. Unlike boosted cars, where you know there's a threshold before it really pours on the power, this is perfectly linear, and stupidly fun. It's steer, cover the brake, and drive with your right foot, understeer or oversteer, it's all controlled by use of the throttle. I literally went from hating the car (because of all the issues it had) to loving it within 30 minutes. It's now a worthy stablemate to the `egg, finally. I guess there is something to be said for perseverance and being a stubborn SOB.
tongue.gif

So, when comparing it to the hypercar from Ängelholm, which do you prefer?

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #6,684 of 9,499
For those not in the TMAC thread...

Go forth and buy, it's the best price yet: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-Google-Nexus-7-FHD-2013-Android-Tablet-2GB-RAM-Quad-Core-CPU-16GB-Flash/291132539884

It's a really cool tablet that works well with the Dragonfly DAC. We put one in every car, they're awesome for ODB2 use and make good media servers. Tick-tock!

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #6,685 of 9,499
So, when comparing it to the hypercar from Ängelholm, which do you prefer?

Too early to tell, I've put ~3k miles on the `egg while the Zonda is still "brand new". I do prefer the visibility in the former and the interior in the latter, and they're both monsters, but it'll take a while to flesh it all out. At least now I believe they can be compared, unlike before.

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #6,686 of 9,499
Do you have any pictures of the " 'egg" handy? I'm sure you've posted them in here but I am not having luck locating any. If I had my choice of hyper car, I'd probably go with a standard model like a CC8 or X. Just enough of an understated look for me. I'm not a very flamboyant person, I'd be blushing red ear to ear driving in a Lamborghini, let alone a Zonda :p

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #6,687 of 9,499
Sure do:

----------------

*unknown caller* (hrmm... few people have this number)
"Frank Pfister, freelance gynecologist, first look is free."
"Hel-hello?"
"Hello."
"Is this Mr. R******?"
"Possibly, who's this?"
"I'm Abigail with Ferrari S.p.A., h-how are you this morning?"
"Right as rain Miss Abigail, what can I do for you this fine spring day?"
*pause*
"Mr. R******, we have on our records that you have placed a deposit for a LaFerrari."
"That's incorrect, I prepaid completely. It's in the contract."
*longer pause*
"Oh, I see... I apologize then, this call does not apply to you."
"Is there something I should be concerned with?"
"No, no sir. Due to unforeseen circumstances we will need to refund certain deposits,
but that does not apply to long established customers or those who have paid in advance."

"I'm glad to hear that, I look forward to receiving my car." :confused:
"Certainly sir, we will be contacting you soon with a delivery date."
*I pause*
"Straight-up Miss Abigail, am I getting a car?"
"Absolutely sir, we will be delivering a car to you."

Then I had her give me; her full name, number, boss's name, and his number. They better believe they aren't going to welch on my order, something was telling me to prepay and I'm really glad I listened. Geez.

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #6,689 of 9,499
Sure do:

*unknown caller* (hrmm... few people have this number)
"Frank Pfister, freelance gynecologist, first look is free."
"Hel-hello?"
"Hello."
"Is this Mr. R******?"
"Possibly, who's this?"
"I'm Abigail with Ferrari S.p.A., h-how are you this morning?"
"Right as rain Miss Abigail, what can I do for you this fine spring day?"
*pause*
"Mr. R******, we have on our records that you have placed a deposit for a LaFerrari."
"That's incorrect, I prepaid completely. It's in the contract."
*longer pause*
"Oh, I see... I apologize then, this call does not apply to you."
"Is there something I should be concerned with?"
"No, no sir. Due to unforeseen circumstances we will need to refund certain deposits,
but that does not apply to long established customers or those who have paid in advance."

"I'm glad to hear that, I look forward to receiving my car."
confused.gif

"Certainly sir, we will be contacting you soon with a delivery date."
*I pause*
"Straight-up Miss Abigail, am I getting a car?"
"Absolutely sir, we will be delivering a car to you."

Then I had her give me; her full name, number, boss's name, and his number. They better believe they aren't going to welch on my order, something was telling me to prepay and I'm really glad I listened. Geez.

Thanks for the pics, love the red interior.

How many La Ferrari's are they making anyway? I remember when the enzo came out and everyone was losing their minds to get on the list lol.

May 1, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #6,690 of 9,499
For those not in the TMAC thread...

Go forth and buy, it's the best price yet: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-Google-Nexus-7-FHD-2013-Android-Tablet-2GB-RAM-Quad-Core-CPU-16GB-Flash/291132539884

It's a really cool tablet that works well with the Dragonfly DAC. We put one in every car, they're awesome for ODB2 use and make good media servers. Tick-tock!

Im waiting for gen 3 to come out so I can pick up a cheap gen 2 XD 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back