Amps for Denon d7000
Jan 7, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #17 of 27
Just got the E9/E7, and they really do wonders for my headphones.  I never ended up purchasing the D7000s, and ended up getting a T1 used for a great deal in town :D
In case anyone was wondering, they CAN power them much to my surprise.  I have no doubt that their are amps which would do better on them, but for 200 I think they do perfectly and I feel no huge rush to upgrade.
Good advice MLE, I think the E9/E7 make a great starting point

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #18 of 27
I have only tried the AH-D7000 in my ROC and X-CANV8P and the ROC vastly out performed the V8 with the D7000's by quite a bit. I found the bass to tighten up a lot and the whole sound becomes more cohesive and the upper registers gain a more smooth tone.

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #19 of 27
recommendation for the Nuforce HDP with the D7000s. I personally think the two match together quite well and that there is little to no problem with synergy.

In terms of the HD650, I remember a while back I had compared the D7000 with the HD650 and it was hard to justify keeping the HD650 if I had owned a D7000 at the same time.

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #20 of 27
I had a chance to test Nuforce HDP and the combo Musiland Monitor 01 US (out by headphone jack) + Headstage Arrow of my friend with Denon D7000. I'm not good to describe the sound of these devices ('cause English is not my native languagle) but I'll try to brief this comparing:

The combo 01 US + Headstage beats Nuforce HDP. The combo has more sounstage ( about 20 %) than Nuforce HDP. The bass on Headstage is punchier, stronger with 0 setting of bass boost (about 10 %), with position II the song "breathless" of Shayne Ward makes a big grin on my face
atsmile.gif
(not bloat, not mud) and I like this setting most, although position I is also fine (I feel the vibration of earcup D7000) but some dance, hip hop songs will be bloated. The HDP makes D7000 sound congested (I feel the music on my face), the combo feels more distant, more relax when listening long hours. One thing I regret is not test the HDP with Headstage because I didn't had time, maybe this combine will be more amazing.

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #24 of 27

Quote:
D7000s sound amazing when paired with the hybrid HiFiMan EF5, and it's only $400. IMO the only amps that are significantly better are in the $2000 range.

what makes them good. i only heard it briegly with the proto of the He500 when Fang was at my house. I would think the audio gd amp may be better but not sure and I would like some feedback on them. I notice you can order them from audio advisor with a 30 day return

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #27 of 27

Quote:
D7000s sound amazing when paired with the hybrid HiFiMan EF5, and it's only $400. IMO the only amps that are significantly better are in the $2000 range.

I disagree, there are many amps well under $2000 that outperform the ef5. Even the millet minimax with blackgates kicked it's butt - especially with the denons (and all other low Z cans I tried). I sold my ef5 not long after that.
The ef5 just had alot more power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back