Amp8-EX Fan-Edition Preorder by Ibasso
Jan 18, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #601 of 704
A general question to all:
How do you perform the burn in?

Do you control it manually and check when the DX220 is fully charged and when it needs to recharge or do you use a timer switch/timer socket to do it automatically?

Personally i like to avoid leaving it too long at the charger with 100% and on the other hand i like to avoid that it fell near zero percent. But to watch and monitor it manually over this long recommended time period is quite difficult.

As the is no special burn in plug in 4.4mm available i guess everybody uses their headphones (which is of course okay for me).

I'm just curious how do you do your personal Amp8EX burn in...
Happy listening afterwards... :beyersmile:

I still need a long time to go, guess i need an automatism for charging / non charging.

Jan 18, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #602 of 704
I used a 4.4 male to 2.5 female adapter and the ibasso burn in cable. I just left it plugged on the charger, played the 20k song library on shuffle for about 6 days. Of course I occasionally plugged in one of my headphones and enjoyed the music and the improved-as-it-went sound quality.

Jan 18, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #604 of 704
I used a 4.4 male to 2.5 female adapter and the ibasso burn in cable. I just left it plugged on the charger, played the 20k song library on shuffle for about 6 days. Of course I occasionally plugged in one of my headphones and enjoyed the music and the improved-as-it-went sound quality.
This is how I do too. I don’t worry about battery, since opening the Dx220 and replacing the battery is pretty easy

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #605 of 704
well since there is no sign that ibasso is going to offer another run for amp8ex, what is the main difference between regular amp8 and amp8ex, focusing on mids and details, please share, maybe i will pull the trigger on amp8 as I can not keep waiting

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #606 of 704
well since there is no sign that ibasso is going to offer another run for amp8ex, what is the main difference between regular amp8 and amp8ex, focusing on mids and details, please share, maybe i will pull the trigger on amp8 as I can not keep waiting
+1. I would like to know the differences and also the possibility of another limited run if there's sufficient interest.

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #608 of 704
Jan 18, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #609 of 704

This is how I do too. I don’t worry about battery, since opening the Dx220 and replacing the battery is pretty easy

Thanks.
Does anybody know if it is a common type of battery inside the DX220 or is it a specific one only available from iBasso?

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #610 of 704
ok so after 90h burn-in listening to Amp8-ex Fan. With Focal Stellia with Neotech pure silver cable hense these scale massively with high-end equipment.
Sorry I'm not the best at describing sound but I will try :)

Treble is plentiful, mids perfect and bass hits hard but extremely controlled. The sound stage is just massive as mentioned by others grand sounding. It's like you're in a massive hall or cinema except sound is clean and very clear. I think studio sounding comes to mind.
4d sound , cinema surround , Crystal clear, hard hitting controlled bass, high-definition , studio sounding are just a few phases that help me describe what I'm hearing :)

Downside is I can't see me getting much use of my AMP9 for now and now I'm curious to try with dx220ex and upgrade my cable from 4 to 8 core.

once again thanks to @Paul - iBasso && @Whitigir for going though all the effort to make this happen. Clearly money wasn't the driver here which is unusual in todays society so I'm hoping you find joy in appreciation comments and the fact that 100 people are clearly enjoying this awesome setup.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #612 of 704
New importation rules apply in my country regarding Battery... so it will be difficult / troublesome to import in from iBasso... that will trigger the price....

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #615 of 704
Got my dx220 back from ibasso. Now my volume knob is so much firmer.
Very fast turn around, especially they are busy with future product launching & chinese new year. Sent it on Jan 9, got it today Jan 21.
Many many thanks to @Paul - iBasso
Somebody is working through the Newyear for happy customers :D !!!! Enjoy your Amp8EX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back