Amp8-EX Fan-Edition Preorder by Ibasso
Jan 24, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #616 of 704
At last my Solaris SE is here, now my 200TI+AMP8EX got the deserving output!
Barely being fresh out of he box they do reveal the new details in records I though I was familiar with for 10 years and AMP8EX can really show what it was designed for!
And the next stop will be cable rolling :beyersmile:
20200124_213720.jpg

Jan 25, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #618 of 704
1st thing happy chinese new year to anyone celebrating or not & to @Paul - iBasso & team.

My amp8ex-fe has passed 700hrs burn-in together with solaris se. It just sounds amazing to me & afew of my pals. The soundstage is holographic with solaris se. Instruments positioning to me is pinpoint accurate. Layering & seperation between instruments/vocals, one could hear the space between them without feeling disjointed.
The highs with amp8ex-fe i could hear the nice extensions/sparkles on solaris se without being harsh. Mids are just right for my taste. Very sweet! The lows are what one can expect from amp8 but just tighter/clearer without it being too boomy.
Everything just plays well with one another. It sounds balanced & neutral to me. I love it! :gs1000smile:

Sorry i don't have the vocab to explain it better.
Enjoy the holidays & of cos the music!

@Whitigir im enjoying the burn process so much, im thinking will it have some more very very subtle changes at 1khrs? :beerchug:

Jan 25, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #619 of 704
1st thing happy chinese new year to anyone celebrating or not & to @Paul - iBasso & team.

My amp8ex-fe has passed 700hrs burn-in together with solaris se. It just sounds amazing to me & afew of my pals. The soundstage is holographic with solaris se. Instruments positioning to me is pinpoint accurate. Layering & seperation between instruments/vocals, one could hear the space between them without feeling disjointed.
The highs with amp8ex-fe i could hear the nice extensions/sparkles on solaris se without being harsh. Mids are just right for my taste. Very sweet! The lows are what one can expect from amp8 but just tighter/clearer without it being too boomy.
Everything just plays well with one another. It sounds balanced & neutral to me. I love it! :gs1000smile:

I wanted to write something down as well now that I've hit at least 150h on my AMP8EX-FE. You pretty much nailed what I wanted to say.

It will be must more enjoyable going in to try and pick a TOTL IEM with the new amp. I was already impressed with the A18t on the Amp1mk2 (didn't think the shop had 4.4mm cable available for my test session) but I can't even imagine how it will sounds with the way better soundstage of the AMP8EX-FE.

Jan 25, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #620 of 704

@Whitigir im enjoying the burn process so much, im thinking will it have some more very very subtle changes at 1khrs? :beerchug:

LOL!! I am glad you are enjoying this little beast!
You know ? I gave up monitoring the differences after 600-650 hours or so. X_X

Happy Chinese Newyear to everyone who celebrate it! I know @Paul - iBasso and his team are :wink:

Jan 27, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #621 of 704
Got my dx220 back from ibasso. Now my volume knob is so much firmer.
Very fast turn around, especially they are busy with future product launching & chinese new year. Sent it on Jan 9, got it today Jan 21.
Many many thanks to @Paul - iBasso

Great turnaround, this is very nice to hear! I hope I never need to use it but glad it is so fast. Other DAP companies should learn from that.

Feb 4, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #626 of 704
@ExpatinJapan the latest firmware compared to the previous, the highs are airier, adds a little more space/separations. Its a bit more sparkling to highs.
Mids/vocals & lows feels about the same. As of whole it feels a tad more spacious. All listened with Solaris se & og Andros with amp8exfe.

Oh btw, quick charging is enabled for all my qc/pd chargers i had on hand. Even samsung chargers are able to quickcharger now with the latest firmware. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #628 of 704
20200206_150501.jpg

Already have these songs for long time.. never like it in any of DAP I own and tried... on a usual random song day, this pop up... On AMP8EX-FE, High gain, Digital filter 3... wow.. now I know why some people love it.. good song and album... and it was AMP8EX-FE good pair...

just sharing...

Feb 6, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #629 of 704
20200206_150501.jpg

Already have these songs for long time.. never like it in any of DAP I own and tried... on a usual random song day, this pop up... On AMP8EX-FE, High gain, Digital filter 3... wow.. now I know why some people love it.. good song and album... and it was AMP8EX-FE good pair...

just sharing...

That is the ability of TOTL amplifications :wink:. You will be surprised even further more if you visit the collections you thought you never enjoyed before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back