Amp8-EX Fan-Edition Preorder by Ibasso
Nov 15, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #151 of 704
you want something to keep you ticking ? Sure !

Ibasso don’t disregard any requests from the customers, and given that we are so much in love that we demand the Fan Edition EX. So there is a huge possibility that our Amp8EX will look like this

This is a very nice surprise since the original plan was to keep the cost down low as much as possible but aiming at sound quality only
Really nice. Hope it makes it !!

Nov 15, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #154 of 704

Ibasso don’t disregard any requests from the customers, and given that we are so much in love that we demand the Fan Edition EX. So there is a huge possibility that our Amp8EX will look like this

This is a very nice surprise since the original plan was to keep the cost down low as much as possible but aiming at sound quality only

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Nov 16, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #155 of 704

Fantastic, hope it ends up looking like that.
Thanks for sharing.

Nov 16, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #156 of 704

NOW you only getting me restless.....

When.... ??!!!!

What makes me grind... is the RED font.... such beauty.... Hope the font is that way

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #157 of 704
Missed this preorder...bummer. But if anyone is interested in selling their Amp8-EX Mod or Amp8-EX Fan Edition please pm me. Thanks.

Nooo!!!..I lost my chance..greetings from Chile

Contact @Shawnb
maybe one of you will be lucky:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...ilable-and-dc01.898388/page-605#post-15306748

...or you have to mod it by yourself or another skilled person.

And who knows....if the AMP8EX is such a success, maybe the story continues somehow...?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #158 of 704
Only 100 units world wide. It's going to hold value pretty good. Should've bought 2.

Nov 19, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #160 of 704
Do we have an official shipping daye yet?
Not as far as i know.

@Paul - iBasso
Are you aware of the current status of the Amp8EX Fan Edition manufacturing and can you maybe give us some general infos about the progress?

I assume the overall roadmap is something like this:
  • Order parts
  • Receiving parts
  • Start of Production
  • End of production
  • Start of QA, packing and shipping

Not need to be that detailled of course.
Just the current status and maybe what to expect next on the roadmap, I assume everybody would appreciate here.

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #161 of 704
Not as far as i know.

@Paul - iBasso
Are you aware of the current status of the Amp8EX Fan Edition manufacturing and can you maybe give us some general infos about the progress?

I assume the overall roadmap is something like this:
  • Order parts
  • Receiving parts
  • Start of Production
  • End of production
  • Start of QA, packing and shipping

Not need to be that detailled of course.
Just the current status and maybe what to expect next on the roadmap, I assume everybody would appreciate here.
Ibasso has been very busy lately, especially with all the holiday, Black Friday and so on. I am glad to see the product being produced and supported officially by Ibasso at this price. If it was done by anyone else, then we would get none of the supports + extremely long process of shipping, modding....etc

I do think we may have to wait a little. Patient is a virtues! We may want to demand Ibasso to run a Dx220EX in the future ? Gotta be nice and not playing naughty :D

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #162 of 704
Ibasso has been very busy lately, especially with all the holiday, Black Friday and so on. I am glad to see the product being produced and supported officially by Ibasso at this price. If it was done by anyone else, then we would get none of the supports + extremely long process of shipping, modding....etc

I do think we may have to wait a little. Patient is a virtues! We may want to demand Ibasso to run a Dx220EX in the future ? Gotta be nice and not playing naughty :D

Well, i'm perfectly fine to wait and don't want to be annoying.
Just wanted to know the current status, but if this is not possible or wanted to publish, that’s of course also fine.

Lets wait and listen to some favorite music... :)

Nov 19, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #164 of 704
Don’t rush them guys. This is a very low profit margin product for iBasso. I am thankful for them and Whitigr for this released. Other manufacturers will not cater to their fan base like this.

Nov 20, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #165 of 704

Was the engraved Amp8EX Logo your idea @Whitigir, or does it come initially from iBasso?

Function (=sound quality) for me comes always first, but this design addon is a really nice gimmick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back