Amp8-EX Fan-Edition Preorder by Ibasso
Dec 5, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #181 of 704
Please share with us a little info about shipping date. Should we wait it before the New Year?
Hopefully, but as it is such a out of usual build, plus christmas, plus 220MAX, I guess we will be very lucky if we get it before New Year's eve.
Crossing fingers and patiently waiting.

Dec 5, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #184 of 704
Happy to wait.

However, placed my order through a friend in EU who will be coming back in December (45% import duty to my country). Seems like will need to wait a few more months if shipping misses this cycle. But excited nevertheless. Hopefully it will be worth it

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #185 of 704
So when you going to start shipping the products if I may ask.

I am sorry but I am not in control of Ibasso Productions and internal affairs ;(

the only thing I know by far is that Ibasso and Paul is on top of it.

The latest example I can give out is that the digital printing on this module.... it is an after the facts bonuses from Ibasso and Paul team. We gotta take that into account to, don’t we ?

Dec 5, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #186 of 704
What's with all the rude millennial-brand of impatience? First, this is a special order with parts probably not in iBasso's stock of components. Second, the company already had a production plan and schedule for products and we (as rabid fans) just threw a huge monkey wrench into their operation. Third, they can't just drop everything and rush to meet our demands. How would they get their regular products out (you know...the ones that make them actual money that allow them to do favors for us)?

Lastly, and most importantly, there was no promise of a guaranteed production or delivery date. Maybe you had a date in mind, but iBasso could only offer an estimated time frame. Bashing and bitching serves no purpose; especially when you are bashing Whitigir, who had made his own mod, then came up with the idea of asking iBasso to help us poor souls who want one but either can't or won't mod our own. And trashing iBasso...?...who out of the kindness of their hearts decided to produce a specially modded product that was never in their production plan, is definitely NOT the way to get a small company with few employees to cater to fans in the future.

By the way, just how many of you have seen huge multi-million or billion dollar companies ever release a scheduled product (i.e. phone, video card, software update) on the promised day? I don't want Paul or the folks at iBasso to see all the posts of the wailing and gnashing of teeth, it will discourage them from offering anymore "favors" to fans in the future. As the owner of a Schiity company once observed...nothing goes according to initial plan...so we (his company) will release our products when they are ready, instead of on an arbitrary date.

I see iBasso doing the same thing...releasing the EX when it is ready and when they can...and I guarantee you that most all of us (there's always the exception) will be grateful for it.

Yes, I'm impatient too. I've waited longer than expected for products from Audeze, Schiit, FiiO, iBasso, Burson, and a few dozen other companies. Nagging and bitching in a forum serves no purpose (other than to piss everybody else off in the thread). If you want to yell about it, the walls have ears...I know my walls have quite a few stories they could tell.

Cheers and Keep Calm!:beerchug:
-HK sends (reluctantly, but feeling it needed to be said)

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #187 of 704
We all know that ibasso is a great company (one of the best in the market of daps) but Please stop repeating it in every post.

All of us(I hope) don’t want to hurry Ibasso. Just to clarify in some reason.

As for me I have to decide whether I should buy amp8(no ex) and listen to it while waiting for EX if the shipping date is out of December(I don’t like amp1mk2 and All my cables have 4.4 termination) or just wait for it if the shipping date is within December.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #188 of 704
Hello! I missed this order! :frowning2:

Is there any chance that I could still get in on it?

Perhaps there's someone who changed their mind and I could take their unit?

I recently learned that my DX200Ti with AMP1Ti does not have sufficient power for my Legend X so I need this modded AMP8.

Thanks so much!

Dec 6, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #189 of 704
I'm happy to wait. I bought the Amp8 EX despite not having either the DX200 or DX220 yet.

Dec 6, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #191 of 704
We all know that ibasso is a great company (one of the best in the market of daps) but Please stop repeating it in every post.

All of us(I hope) don’t want to hurry Ibasso. Just to clarify in some reason.

As for me I have to decide whether I should buy amp8(no ex) and listen to it while waiting for EX if the shipping date is out of December(I don’t like amp1mk2 and All my cables have 4.4 termination) or just wait for it if the shipping date is within December.
I'll have both Amp8 and Amp8EX when it comes in. That way I can compare and see which one I like better, then consider selling the other. You could try that as well.

Cheers and All the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Dec 6, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #192 of 704
Hey @Withigir, apart from Amp8EX, which one do you consider more musical to your ears, Amp4, Amp8 or Amp9?

Dec 7, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #195 of 704
I would take Amp9 as 2nd choice next to Amp8 according to your question, but it low gains and may hiss depend on the pairing....also is only SE...so I would go for Amp8EX every time.

and Ofcourse DMP-Z1 is just so good :)
Thanks. With my AFCv1 Amp9 is not enough. It is with the Empyreans though, and the sound quality is really engaging. Will see how Amp8EX pairs with both and my AFCv2 which is on its way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back