Amp3 Pro2 and the STUDIO
Oct 27, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #392 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by acroyear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where's Santa?

After further discussions with hisoundaudio and reading comments from headfi'ers, a possible software version will be release to set the gain back to where the Pro1 was set to allowing the volume to increase. In addition, other issues will be addressed.

The new version will be available shortly. In order to avoid any issues that we had with the last software version updates, please make sure you receive the new files ONLY from me at first. I may look for someone to help make it available!!!

Studio is still in QA and should be shipping within a couple of weeks!!

Thx,
Craig

Oct 27, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #393 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After further discussions with hisoundaudio and reading comments from headfi'ers, a possible software version will be release to set the gain back to where the Pro1 was set to allowing the volume to increase. In addition, other issues will be addressed.

The new version will be available shortly. In order to avoid any issues that we had with the last software version updates, please make sure you receive the new files ONLY from me at first. I may look for someone to help make it available!!!

Studio is still in QA and should be shipping within a couple of weeks!!

Thx,
Craig

That sounds great. I would be SO grateful to have more volume, you have no idea! It would really improve my quality of life. LOL Do you know when this could happen? Are we talking hours or days here? Thank you!

Oct 27, 2009 at 9:10 AM Post #394 of 929
Its a good thing I grabbed this Amp3 Pro2 to tide me over until the Studio ships. I really really like this little thing. Its like having a turntable in my top pocket. For whatever reason, most of the time I have enough volume. This may actually save my hearing as I admittedly had been listening to music at unsafe levels. If I was missing something at these levels I'd be seriously bummed but the truth is, I'm getting great detail, spatial information and tuneful, authorative, and defined bass. Simply amazing.

Oct 27, 2009 at 10:33 AM Post #395 of 929
Anyone else love the way the Amp3 looks? I've read a lot of opinions saying they think it's ugly, but I find it completely beautiful. It feels great in my hand too. It's really THERE. I've always prefered brushed silver aluminum to plastic. The Amp3 reminds me of my brushed magnesium Sony MD player, which had a terrific build quality as well. The thing was like jewelry, and the Amp3 looks and sounds even better. Love it!

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #396 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by acroyear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone else love the way the Amp3 looks? I've read a lot of opinions saying they think it's ugly, but I find it completely beautiful. It feels great in my hand too. It's really THERE. I've always prefered brushed silver aluminum to plastic. The Amp3 reminds me of my brushed magnesium Sony MD player, which had a terrific build quality as well. The thing was like jewelry, and the Amp3 looks and sounds even better. Love it!

I would agree with the look and feel. Having something besides plastics can always be a bonus!!

They are working on the software now. All I can say is stay tuned for an update within the next day or two!!

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #397 of 929
Ok...this is not a sales pitch. Those would know me will say that I like to tell it like it is..

The recabled EW9's are fantastic!! I have pretty much all of the top cans including STAX, L3000....blah

I find myself reaching for these EW9's!! I sure I will return back to the big dogs, but I love the size and convenience!

These are so fun! And they are so gorgeous.

Thats my 2 cents.
Craig

Oct 27, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #399 of 929
Getting back to the differences between
The Pro and Pro2.
I notice that the blue LED flashes on the Pro while playing music files but on the Pro2 the blue LED is on constantly.
Is this the case with all Pro2`s?

Oct 27, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #400 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by davepc61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Pro and Pro2.
I notice that the blue LED flashes on the Pro while playing music files but on the Pro2 the blue LED is on constantly.

It's the case with mine. Your's flashes? The whole time? That sounds odd, but I only have the Pro2 so I wouldn't know...

Oct 27, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #401 of 929
Quote:

The Pro and Pro2.

I see the same behavior of the blue LED while playing music files on my Pro.1 and Pro.2.

Oct 27, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #402 of 929
Quote:

The Pro and Pro2.

You have both the Pro and Pro2? I wonder how much more volume you have with the Pro1. Also, I see you have a Cowon D2. Does the D2 have a higher output than your Pro1? Thanks..

Oct 27, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #403 of 929
Yes,I find the Pro2 to be slightly lacking in volume compared to the Pro.I have not used the D2 in a while but if I recall it does have a higher output.
Will have to get back to you on that one.

Oct 27, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #404 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by wantmyf1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I can
frown.gif
. I have the Pro1 (thanks again annadin) & the Pro2. I posted a few posts back (pg. 21) that my Pro2 was significantly lacking in the volume department. I have used my PK1's almost exclusively with the Pro1 and Pro2. And I like to listen to my music a little on the loud side but not to the point of deafening.
L3000.gif

The Pro1 has always satisfied my volume needs and then some, but when walking back home from work yesterday I was listening to my Pro2 and actually had my volume maxed out on the Pro2.
confused_face.gif
I couldn't get the volume past 24 on the Pro1 without practically blowing out my eardrums and I normally listened at about 19.

As I said in my previous post the Pro2 has just enough volume to satisfy me in most situations with the PK1's. But if I ever moved to using it with less efficient phones, it would be truly disappointing. I can't imagine actually hearing the music if I used a phone like the HD600!

If this isn't improved I'm going to have to return it. I could try to sell it, but in good conscience I would have to mention the lack of volume and I couldn't imagine anyone wanting it after hearing that! Somebody help please!

Good news! Looks like help is on the way. Craig assures us that the volume problem is being worked on by HiSound for the Pro2, in an upcoming software update
dt880smile.png
. Thanks for your input.

Oct 28, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #405 of 929
Hey guys,

I'm currently doing a review on the AMP3 Pro 2 with hisoundaudio, and I wanted some more input on how to improve the UI. The new firmware is currently in QA and almost ready to be released. However, any more suggestions would be appreciated. Here is what I sent them already:

-The player seems to freeze randomly when trying to skip songs
-In shuffle mode, turning on the player seems very slow (up to 10 mins)
-In shuffle mode, skipping songs is slow (up to 20 seconds), but skipping songs in normal play mode is not a problem
-In the "Now Playing" screen, the title shown is the music's filename. I'd like to have this as "Song Title / Artist" based on ID3 tags instead of "01 whatever.mp3"
-When playing music, I want to be able to quickly choose which song I want to play. When I press the play button for 2 seconds, it brings me back to the main "External Storage" screen instead of where I left off. Also, it would be nice to make the ID3 sorted screen the main screen instead of using the "External Storage" menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back