Amp3 Pro2 and the STUDIO
Oct 25, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #361 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by acroyear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a wonderful machine. I'm using it with Audio Technica ESW9's and it sounds beautiful. I do feel that it needs a little more power though, as it's hard to hear on my commute. At 40 Ohms, the ESW9's are not all that demanding, and they really aren't full size cans. I think an AMP3 player should at a minimum match the volume of, say your average Ipod. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the thing. We've been inseparable since it arrived two weeks ago! Amazing sound, far better than my Cowon D2 (but nowhere near as loud)... Overall, the Pro2 is a fantastic product, and I've already pre-ordered a Studio 1 based on my faith in the company.

Ditto on the Audio Technica ESW9's. I forgot to mention that. I initially ordered (only) the Studio. The Amp3 Pro2 was an afterthought, something to tide me over until the Studio arrives.

Oct 25, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #362 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ditto on the Audio Technica ESW9's. I forgot to mention that. I initially ordered (only) the Studio. The Amp3 Pro2 was an afterthought, something to tide me over until the Studio arrives.

I guess I should be content, since the Studio will be out soon.
L3000.gif
You've used the ESW9's with your Pro2? If so, you might know how frustrating it is to have the volume at 31 all the time! Certain recordings that are mastered loud enough are ok, others are not. But you're right, as far as using IEM's, there's really no problem.

Oct 25, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #363 of 929
Quote:

I guess I should be content, since the Studio will be out soon.
L3000.gif
You've used the ESW9's with your Pro2? If so, you might know how frustrating it is to have the volume at 31 all the time! Certain recordings that are mastered loud enough are ok, others are not. But you're right, as far as using IEM's, there's really no problem.

Yes I have and yes you are right. (the iMod/V-Cap/RSA P-51 Mustang/ESW9 combo knocks my socks off) The best non-iem match I've found so far (with the Amp3 Pro2) is with the recabled Zino's. Deep and wide soundstage and really deep bass. Definitely a head bobbing combination. (not to mention they are a work of art)
Thank You Craig
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 25, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #364 of 929
Quote:

Yes I have and yes you are right. (the iMod/V-Cap/RSA P-51 Mustang/ESW9 combo knocks my socks off) The best non-iem match I've found so far (with the Amp3 Pro2) is with the recabled Zino's. Deep and wide soundstage and really deep bass. Definitely a head bobbing combination. (not to mention they are a work of art)
Thank You Craig
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmmmmm.... I'm looking at the Zino's now. I believe you if you say they sound great, but how's the isolation? They look a little small. The ESW9's are supra-aural, but they're pretty big. I'm guessing they're more efficient though. They must be great if you had them recabled, but I need something to block the ambient sounds from a noisy train.
----Nevermind. I'm reading now that they're semi-open. That's not good for me, I don't like other people hearing my music, and outside noises are sure to get in. I'm still curious though, it might be nice to use at home if they sound that good!

Oct 25, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #365 of 929
Quote:

Hmmmmm.... I'm looking at the Zino's now. I believe you if you say they sound great, but how's the isolation? They look a little small. The ESW9's are supra-aural, but they're pretty big. I'm guessing they're more efficient though. They must be great if you had them recabled, but I need something to block the ambient sounds from a noisy train.
----Nevermind. I'm reading now that they're semi-open. That's not good for me, I don't like other people hearing my music, and outside noises are sure to get in. I'm still curious though, it might be nice to use at home if they sound that good!

They leak sound like crazy but man o man, they are great !!! They are right up there with the ESW9 which is a crazy good portable headphone. I bought them new but already recabled by Craig so I don't know what they are like stock but the important part is, with thhe Amp3 Pro2, they rock !!!

Oct 25, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #366 of 929
Quote:

They leak sound like crazy but man o man, they are great !!! They are right up there with the ESW9 which is a crazy good portable headphone.

I can't wait to hear the Studio 1 with the ESW9's. The wait is killing me, but I guess you've been waiting a lot longer! Hoping for some details soon from Craig. I guess we all are
wink.gif
I'm glad you like your Zino's, I guess Craig does good work! Do you think the ESW9's could benefit from that silver cable?

Oct 25, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #367 of 929
Quote:

I can't wait to hear the Studio 1 with the ESW9's. The wait is killing me, but I guess you've been waiting a lot longer! Hoping for some details soon from Craig. I guess we all are
wink.gif
I'm glad you like your Zino's, I guess Craig does good work! Do you think the ESW9's could benefit from that silver cable?

Thats a good question, I don't know. Craig would know.
Waiting for the Studio I is killing me though, you're right. If it sounds better than this Amp3 (like it's supposed to) I'll be in heaven. I'm sure it'll push the ESW9's without leaving it a volume setting 31.

Oct 25, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #368 of 929
Quote:

Thats a good question, I don't know. Craig would know.
Waiting for the Studio I is killing me though, you're right. If it sounds better than this Amp3 (like it's supposed to) I'll be in heaven. I'm sure it'll push the ESW9's without leaving it a volume setting 31.

The real question is, can I live without them long enough if he recables them!
confused.gif
I think you're right though, if the Studio can't drive ESW9's, I would be very surprised. Craig mentioned already it's ability to drive "higher impedance headphones". I'm sure some of the intention in the Studio's design is to do just that. This is going to be FUN.

Oct 25, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #369 of 929
Hey...

I'm recabling both the ESW9a, EW9 (very fun), and the Zinos with either TWcu stranded copper or the ever growing interest SCSCag solid core cryo'd. The wire types are on my site under bulk wire..

I can sell well priced ESW9a and Zinos recabled with the headphones!!

More news later tonight on the status of the Amp3 and the Studio....

Craig

Oct 25, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #370 of 929
Craig,

You are an evil, evil person.
evil_smiley.gif
Just looked at the ATH-EW9. I had overlooked them completely. They look beautiful. My wallet is telling me NO but my eyes are saying YES. They, I'd bet, would be perfect for the Amp3 Pro2. (sometimes it's nice not to have something shoved "in" the ear)

Oct 25, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #373 of 929
Here is a little teaser..
ATH-EW9
Here is the kicker. These are factory refurb so I can recable with the TWcu and a Viablue 3.5mm connector for around $300. I have a bunch of them!!

They are....really nice!!

4043826608_d8e57ce971_m.jpg

4043827030_425a6ed6f2_m.jpg

Oct 25, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #374 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is a little teaser..

Here is the kicker. These are factory refurb so I can recable with the TWcu and a Viablue 3.5mm connector for around $300. I have a bunch of them!!

They are....really nice!!

4043826608_d8e57ce971_m.jpg

4043827030_425a6ed6f2_m.jpg

Nice. How about the ESW9? I already am using a pair with my Pro2, but I'd love to have a recabled set to compare.

Oct 25, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #375 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey...

I'm recabling both the ESW9a, EW9 (very fun), and the Zinos with either TWcu stranded copper or the ever growing interest SCSCag solid core cryo'd. The wire types are on my site under bulk wire..

I can sell well priced ESW9a and Zinos recabled with the headphones!!

More news later tonight on the status of the Amp3 and the Studio....

Craig

Yes! Details! Any specs on mW output would be appreciated, whatever you can tell us. Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back