Amp3 Pro2 and the STUDIO
Oct 25, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #376 of 929
That Viablue connector with the TWcu (whatever that is) wire make my Zino's look awesome. Wish I had lived with the Zino for a bit and then had them recabled. Then I could attest to the improvement. But Craig, seriously, you are killing me with those recabled EW9's. I love, no LOVE my ESW9's.
I swear, after I get my Studio I, HiFiMan801 and RSA Shadow, I am blocking all access to this site...........maybe

*Listening to vinyl rip of Robin Trower's Long Misty Days with Amp3 Pro2 and Shure SE310. Actually a little too loud and bright so I took out my trusty 75 Ohm adapter and wow. I never liked these Shures but now I feel like I'm actually listening to the album. This is too sweet.
smily_headphones1.gif
Also, when listening to the Amp3 Pro2 with the Zino's I do in fact usually keep the volume up near 31 after all but it is oh so good.*

Oct 26, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #377 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That Viablue connector with the TWcu (whatever that is) wire make my Zino's look awesome. Wish I had lived with the Zino for a bit and then had them recabled. Then I could attest to the improvement. But Craig, seriously, you are killing me with those recabled EW9's. I love, no LOVE my ESW9's.
I swear, after I get my Studio I, HiFiMan801 and RSA Shadow, I am blocking all access to this site...........maybe

*Listening to vinyl rip of Robin Trower's Long Misty Days with Amp3 Pro2 and Shure SE310. Actually a little too loud and bright so I took out my trusty 75 Ohm adapter and wow. I never liked these Shures but now I feel like I'm actually listening to the album. This is too sweet.
smily_headphones1.gif
Also, when listening to the Amp3 Pro2 with the Zino's I do in fact usually keep the volume up near 31 after all but it is oh so good.*

I never should have brought up the ESW9's! Be happy with your Zino's for a while. Funny thing is, I was on the train tonight, after reading all these posts about recabling. I looked down at my wire and it looked so pitiful! I'm seriously thinking about a recabling, I just need to know it will really help the sound. I'm going to wait for my Studio 1, and once I'm used to it and over the novelty of it all, the recabling of my ESW9's will most likely be my next move. Those cables look incredible.

Oct 26, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #378 of 929
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Let me know my friend...If you are interested on any pair, email me at csanborn@whiplashaudio.com

We can discuss the price!!
Craig

PS -= So worth it

Oct 26, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #379 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by acroyear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never should have brought up the ESW9's! Be happy with your Zino's for a while. Funny thing is, I was on the train tonight, after reading all these posts about recabling. I looked down at my wire and it looked so pitiful! I'm seriously thinking about a recabling, I just need to know it will really help the sound. I'm going to wait for my Studio 1, and once I'm used to it and over the novelty of it all, the recabling of my ESW9's will most likely be my next move. Those cables look incredible.

Recabling ALL headphones is so worth it. Actually, IMO, less expensive headphones (below $500) react so much more than more expensive. I might actually say under $300. Any of the "woodies" look sooo gorgeous when recabled!!

Craig
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #382 of 929
Quote:

You won't regret the recable. You wear the ESW9's outside? I'm from New England and...well that just would NOT be a good idea. I wish I could though.

I'm in Washington DC, and while it's definately no tropical paradise, I don't think I do the ESW9's much harm. Just short walks to work from the subway. During the dead of winter, I may have to get an alternative pair, not sure if or what those would be...

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #383 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by acroyear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in Washington DC, and while it's definately no tropical paradise, I don't think I do the ESW9's much harm. Just short walks to work from the subway. During the dead of winter, I may have to get an alternative pair, not sure if or what those would be...

Try a set of Koss KSC-35s recabled by Craig! They are superb with the Amp3.

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #384 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the recommendation, but I'm not wild about clip on headphones. They are clip on style only right?

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #385 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What wire did you have Craig recable them with?

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #386 of 929
Oct 27, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #387 of 929
Oct 27, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #389 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey...

I'm recabling both the ESW9a, EW9 (very fun), and the Zinos with either TWcu stranded copper or the ever growing interest SCSCag solid core cryo'd. The wire types are on my site under bulk wire..

I can sell well priced ESW9a and Zinos recabled with the headphones!!

More news later tonight on the status of the Amp3 and the Studio....

Craig

Hi Craig, I am just wondering if you ever got that news on the Amp3 and the Studio? I'd love to hear whatever you know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back