Amp3 Pro2 and the STUDIO
Oct 28, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #406 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by acroyear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would take you up on those, because I KNOW they must sound good, but I don't like clips. I use the ESW9, which is just the EW9 with a headband. Do you ever have people send you their own 'phone for recabling?

\

Sure...

All of the time!!

Let me know if you are interested!!

Thanks,
Craig

Oct 28, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #407 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by davepc61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes,I find the Pro2 to be slightly lacking in volume compared to the Pro.I have not used the D2 in a while but if I recall it does have a higher output.
Will have to get back to you on that one.

We are correcting the volume issue. Expect a FW upgrade soon. It should at least match the Pro1...

Stay Tuned..

Craig

Oct 28, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #408 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
\

Sure...

All of the time!!

Let me know if you are interested!!

Thanks,
Craig

I am interested, but it won't be for a while. I'm too attached to them right now! LOL How much would it cost?

Oct 28, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #409 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We are correcting the volume issue. Expect a FW upgrade soon. It should at least match the Pro1...

Stay Tuned..

Craig

At least? That sounds promising.
smile_phones.gif
Thank you!

Oct 28, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #410 of 929
Some random thoughts on my new Amp3 Pro.2 player.

Navigation leaves a lot to be desired. Luumage pointed out most of the deficiencies. I don't look at the screen much, but would like to know what song is playing at a glance instead of waiting for the slooooow crawl.

The display could use a brightness adjustment. In low or room light it looks great but outside it is easily washed out.

I too have had freezing problems. If I click to another song before the display is up and running, the player tends to freeze. If I wait until the crawl starts, it works fine.

I too really like the heft of this player, although some may find it off putting, especially compared to the Clip line. I have the Clips and while I like them they are almost too light and small.

I bought this for commuting (walking) back and forth from work in the winter. I get annoyed at the cables between players and amps, especially when putting them in and out of my pocket. This player solves that problem.

The sound is really good, after at least a short break in. As noted in another post, there were some clicks and pops with FLAC files initially but they seem to have gone away.

The volume limiter doesn't seem to be much of a problem with me so far, although I'm glad it is being looked at. I do find myself maxing out on a couple of tracks, but not really being frustrated at not being able to go up higher. My guess is that if the limiter is removed that I'll go up to the 30-35 range on very few occasions.

In short, after a bumpy start, I think I'm going to like this player.

Oct 28, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #411 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by luumage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

I'm currently doing a review on the AMP3 Pro 2 with hisoundaudio, and I wanted some more input on how to improve the UI. The new firmware is currently in QA and almost ready to be released. However, any more suggestions would be appreciated. Here is what I sent them already:

-The player seems to freeze randomly when trying to skip songs
-In shuffle mode, turning on the player seems very slow (up to 10 mins)
-In shuffle mode, skipping songs is slow (up to 20 seconds), but skipping songs in normal play mode is not a problem
-In the "Now Playing" screen, the title shown is the music's filename. I'd like to have this as "Song Title / Artist" based on ID3 tags instead of "01 whatever.mp3"
-When playing music, I want to be able to quickly choose which song I want to play. When I press the play button for 2 seconds, it brings me back to the main "External Storage" screen instead of where I left off. Also, it would be nice to make the ID3 sorted screen the main screen instead of using the "External Storage" menu.

Honestly, I think that is a good assessment of the Pro2 UI troubles. I can't think of anything else, realistically, that should be solved. Even if only most of these improvements can be made, I think we'll all be pleased. If anyone else can think of something, let him know. Otherwise IMO, they should just get down to business. I think we can all agree that at 159 dollars, this DAP will never be perfect, but always charming and wonderful.
tongue.gif

Oct 29, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #412 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by acroyear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly, I think that is a good assessment of the Pro2 UI troubles. I can't think of anything else, realistically, that should be solved. Even if only most of these improvements can be made, I think we'll all be pleased. If anyone else can think of something, let him know. Otherwise IMO, they should just get down to business. I think we can all agree that at 159 dollars, this DAP will never be perfect, but always charming and wonderful.
tongue.gif

I would like to see the Pro.2 boot up to the last song that was played instead of the beginning of the playlist. Also, it now boots up to the "pause" mode, requiring one to continually look at the screen to see if bootup is complete.

In these respects, the Pro.1 was much better.

Oct 30, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #416 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me, the Amp3 Pro2's sound quality is all that really matters. I'd put up with alot worse interface as long as the sound was this good.

Yes, the sound is excellent and does make up for the interface IMO. However, I am using it as an amp, and the SQ is making up for the little added bulk.

Nov 1, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #418 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK I'm getting antsy again. Luckily I have the Amp3 Pro2 and recabled Zino's to listen to and also a new RSA amp (the Shadow) but I really would like my Studio One. Any news?

Yes, I'm getting pretty "antsy" myself. Any info would help. Is the Studio almost out of QA? What about the software update for the Pro2?

Nov 1, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #419 of 929
Customer relations told me on the 24th they predict it to be finished in 15 days, + shipping time.

So we're looking at another 8 days if everything went smoothly. I'm sure they're eager to finish this project. I hope by the end of November it'll be at my door too. Unfortunately American Thanksgiving is coming up, which will likely delay things even more even once they get to Craig.

Nov 1, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #420 of 929
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Customer relations told me on the 24th they predict it to be finished in 15 days, + shipping time.

So we're looking at another 8 days if everything went smoothly. I'm sure they're eager to finish this project. I hope by the end of November it'll be at my door too. Unfortunately American Thanksgiving is coming up, which will likely delay things even more even once they get to Craig.

Chef, Thank You.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back