amp needed for monster turbine pro coppers?
Sep 7, 2010 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

buffalowings

Went way too far, too many times.
I'm interested in purchasing a pair of monster pro turbine coppers in the near future, but I would also like to know whether or not I should factor in the price of a amp because I've heard that they scale up well with a amp, for those of you that have heard or used a monster pro turbine coppers, is a amp necessary? could I/you live with the monsters unamped? and when amped, is the difference great?

thanks in advance

james

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 11

Quote:
I'm interested in purchasing a pair of monster pro turbine coppers in the near future, but I would also like to know whether or not I should factor in the price of a amp because I've heard that they scale up well with a amp, for those of you that have heard or used a monster pro turbine coppers, is a amp necessary? could I/you live with the monsters unamped? and when amped, is the difference great?

thanks in advance

james

An amp is really only for lower volume listening. The ibasso T3 pairs very nicely with the mtpc. Everything is subtly, but noticeably smoother, there is a in-the-music feeling that I noticed improving with the T3. It's very nice, but not immediately necessary if you listen at at least 65% volume on your ipod classic or more (normal listening level at about the volume the music would be in real life).

You can always get it later if you feel like you'd like it and it will be useful for other iems, too.

Sep 7, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 11
I agree with Kunlun, they work well from most sources.  I had to adjust the volume on my iPod Touch and my iPhone up to 60 or 70% of max volume when listening to most of my music.  I usually amped them with my PA2V2, which is a very affordable intro to amps ($65 new).  They clean up nicely when amped, but it's not a necessity.

Sep 7, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
I agree with Kunlun, they work well from most sources.  I had to adjust the volume on my iPod Touch and my iPhone up to 60 or 70% of max volume when listening to most of my music.  I usually amped them with my PA2V2, which is a very affordable intro to amps ($65 new).  They clean up nicely when amped, but it's not a necessity.

joey, I see you have/had a pair of klipsch s4's and a sansa clip, when I used the klipsch s4's with my fuze, I had it around 40% if i remember correctly, how loud did you turn the volume to when using the s4's?

Sep 7, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
joey, I see you have/had a pair of klipsch s4's and a sansa clip, when I used the klipsch s4's with my fuze, I had it around 40% if i remember correctly, how loud did you turn the volume to when using the s4's?

Unfortuntately, I can't answer that.  I picked up the Clip+ after I sent the S4's to a friend.  I had the Copper's with the Clip+ and If memory serves me correct I had to turn it up over 60% as well with the MTPC's.

Sep 7, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #6 of 11
how about your Iphone and your crapple earbuds? with my 160gb classic and the stock earbuds, 50% is a comfortable level for me

thanks

James

Sep 7, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
how about your Iphone and your crapple earbuds? with my 160gb classic and the stock earbuds, 50% is a comfortable level for me

thanks

James

Oh God, let me dig them out.. Ok, the only comfortable listening level with these is 0%... LOL  If you can listen to them at 50% in a totally quiet environment than more power to you, that's too low for me, I need at least 70%.  The Sansa buds are much better then the crapples and I can listen to them at 50%.  Please don't ask me to ever listen to those white things ever again.. as a matter of fact, they're going in the trash now.. LOL

Sep 7, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #8 of 11
well, whether they need an amp or not, I bought one, a headroom total airhead at half the price of a new unit, me thinks I'm set one way or the other (i hope...)

Sep 7, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #9 of 11
by the way, what do you guys think, is this a suitable amp for the monsters, and also, where could I find velcro dots with a sticky adhesive on the other side?

thanks!

james

Sep 7, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
by the way, what do you guys think, is this a suitable amp for the monsters, and also, where could I find velcro dots with a sticky adhesive on the other side?

thanks!

james

You should be able to find those dots at staples or office depot, places like that should have them.  As for the amp question, I've only owned 2 amps the Fiio E3 (volume booster) and the PA2V2, so I can't give you any other suggestions.  I think you'll be fine with the Total Airhead.

Sep 7, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
You should be able to find those dots at staples or office depot, places like that should have them.  As for the amp question, I've only owned 2 amps the Fiio E3 (volume booster) and the PA2V2, so I can't give you any other suggestions.  I think you'll be fine with the Total Airhead.

I just picked some up at The Container Store, for people in the U.S. who have one nearby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back