Amp Issue Involving -=Germania=-
Jun 10, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #106 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have sent -=Germania=- the money for shipping. Thanks for everyones support. I will let you all know what happens.

Biggie.

Really hoping all this works out for you both.

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #107 of 243
Quote:

I have sent -=Germania=- the money for shipping. Thanks for everyones support. I will let you all know what happens.

Biggie.

You are a patient man! I do hope you get what you paid for...

Jun 10, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #108 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the same time, more than one person on head-fi with a great reputation has gotten involved in dramas and unplanned scams because despite great intentions, they got caught up in life's messes, and then screwed someone over, even if they planned on making good.

Not to offend anyone or the situation at present. But there is always risk in dealing with DIY builders.

If you have been on here long enough, people who have been very well liked and established in this community have dissappeared before without taking care of some of their unfinished business. People need to realize the risk involved on here when working with individuals doing this as more of a hobby.

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #110 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

usually everyone on head-fi is peacy/hippy'ish.

**** you man
devil_face.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #111 of 243
Hey Laz,

I sent your check on the 30th of May.
I do hope you get it soon. Sorry about the week delay in sending it back out, needed more checks.

Evanston is a royal mess for the last 2-3weeks when it comes to shipping things out. Students have been shipping things home and it is just a bunch of fairly large packages that have the post office a bit overwhelmed. I had 4 packages sent out over the past week and a half that didn't show any tracking information until Friday, Saturday, Monday, and even yesterday. Mind you all of these were sent out on the 29th and 2nd.
Then another package I sent out on the 18th of May came back marked "return to sender" with a red stained label and box. I feel bad for the guy whose bottle of red wine burst open during shipping. Hopefully it wasn't too expensive. Wine.woot.com usually has some decent deals though.

These sorts of things are all very common when dealing with packages. I have talked to other retailers (audio and non-audio) who all have had simiar experiences. Just the name of the game sort of thing.

- UPS is the most reliable, but their rates are just not economical enough for US domestic and far-reaching countries (great for Canada though)..
- DHL is similarly reliable, if not a bit late.
- Fedex is pretty decent, but their customer service is almost non-existant. They lost a package of mine that was insured and refused to pay on full insured value only giving me half of what it was insured for. Never getting these guys again based on that run-around.
- USPS runs the gambit. It can be extremely excellent. Best price, Best performance, etc. Or it can be a hellish nightmare when they are busy. They guarantee nothing when it comes to delivery time, only give suggestions. Insuring a package with them just means a longer stated waiting time to get your check than the other three. Used them the most, only had 3 packages get lost forever (even one that was to another location in Chicago).

Man I wish that UPS domestic were cheaper. I would use them as much as possible if they were close to comperable for small packages to USPS Priority mail.

I don't know what other people do when a package gets lost in the mail (tracking says nothing about delivery) or when it gets "return to sender", but something I have done in the past and continue to do is give a free upgrade and send it back out, or throw in a few extras or extra dollars for the customer. They waited and while it is the fault of the shipping company, they were still depending on the item. I hate waiting for packages in the mail, so anything that eases the pain and adds an extra smile is good.

b00t, the enamel is drying.

All the best everyone.

Jun 11, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #112 of 243
There is some truth to one thing you said, regarding USPS. We sent a package to Berkeley via USPS registered mail, and it got "lost" at the location for over a week. Eventually one of the two employees gathered the courage to look for the package, and it was easily resolved. Nevertheless, this type of situation does not happen at USPS locations frequently, in my experience. But perhaps the USPS locations of certain cities are habitually negligent and lazy with incoming or outgoing mail (Berkeley is like this). I find it to be the only reasonable option, though.

Might I make one suggestion, however? Don't publicize all your shipping problems, and especially not in a "cute" way. It might come across as rationalization to some people, even if it is not. Good luck with those shipping woes.

Jun 11, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #113 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Might I make one suggestion, however? Don't publicize all your shipping problems, and especially not in a "cute" way. It might come across as rationalization to some people, even if it is not. Good luck with those shipping woes.

Should she have a lubotomy?

Jun 11, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #114 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should she have a lubotomy?

As opposed to a lobotomy?
biggrin.gif

I need a TUBEotomy.

Jun 11, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #116 of 243
Someones singing lord, kumbaya
Oh lord, kumbayah

Jul 4, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #117 of 243
Still no amp. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

Biggie.

Jul 4, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #119 of 243
Quote:

Still no amp. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

Biggie.

Oh, no!!! I thought it was already to be shipped...that was a few weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back