AMP for DT880 600 ohm
Apr 23, 2011 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

PurpleCow

Head-Fier
Hello everyone! How are you guys doing?

I'm a total noob at the whole headphone business, so I come here to ask for your help! I recently purchased(yesterday) a DT880 250 ohm and now I want the 600 ohm, cant' return it as I threw away the box because it wouldn't fit in my backpack(I have a motorcycle), long story short I'm going to get the 600ohm. I have a Xonar Essence STX sound card right now, but from what I have read around head-fi is that I should get an dedicated amp.

So here I am! My budget is - 250 I can prob push it but I don't really want to spend a lot, yes I know I pretty much opened a can of worms buying the DT880 I can't fathom how much I will be spending on future audio equipment.

I have a few requirements for my amp of taste:

I really don't like the look of the bulbs sticking out, I would also like something that won't take up a lot of desk space.

Now I've been looking at a few but really dont know if they will be good enough for the DT880 600ohm

- Mav Audio Tube Magic A1

- Fiio e9

any other recommendations? I have a feeling that I will be upgrading to another DAC as well...will an e9 + e7 be good enough for the DT880 600?

also as stated earlier, I'll be getting rid of the 250 ohm so if anyone is interested

http://www.overclock.net/audio/997885-beyerdynamics-dt880-250ohm-hd555-new-post.html

Apr 23, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #2 of 2
you should just keep the 250s as you probably won't notice much difference to the 600s given your limited setup.

you just got them and u haven't even had the time to get to know them yet.

If you must, get a Matrix M-stage, that fits your budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back