Aminus hates everything (Or, Aminus rants and reviews stuff)
Jun 29, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #557 of 950
No problem with that ha ha ha ha i haven't had an IEM in a while and I don't think I'll ever buy another pair. Keep doing your biased little articles and I keep reading and laughing. In the world there are many breeds of dogs and many breeds of humans, many types of cars, many types of amps and many types of IEM. If everything had to sound like IERZ1R the world would be very sad. No hard feelings :wink:

But seriously what do you do in life, do you work in the audio industry, are you a sound engineer etc etc etc and I haven't read you anywhere else but here, are you looking for a little glory here, to get it fixed somewhere else than it is your primary goal to make your article versus a rename site?

And just to make it clear - there are a large variety of IEMs I like. You can go through my review history and see that the stuff I’ve praised don’t all do the same things right (or wrong, for that matter). The stuff that I dislike is not merely because I don’t like lean mids or because I dislike bass light signatures but because I think it has a tonal flaw which detracts from what I would consider to be natural sounding or a technical issue which I would consider to be detrimental to the listening experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 29, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #558 of 950
No problem with that ha ha ha ha i haven't had an IEM in a while and I don't think I'll ever buy another pair. Keep doing your biased little articles and I keep reading and laughing. In the world there are many breeds of dogs and many breeds of humans, many types of cars, many types of amps and many types of IEM. If everything had to sound like IERZ1R the world would be very sad. No hard feelings :wink:

But seriously what do you do in life, do you work in the audio industry, are you a sound engineer etc etc etc and I haven't read you anywhere else but here, are you looking for a little glory here, to get it fixed somewhere else than it is your primary goal to make your article versus a rename site?
Seems like you live in a world where pink ponies and silver unicorns exist, but fraud or lie doesn't:relaxed:

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #560 of 950
And just to make it clear - there are a large variety of IEMs I like. You can go through my review history and see that the stuff I’ve praised don’t all do the same things right (or wrong, for that matter). The stuff that I dislike is not merely because I don’t like lean mids or because I dislike bass light signatures but because I think it has a tonal flaw which detracts from what I would consider to be natural sounding or a technical issue which I would consider to be detrimental to the listening experience.

You're wrong about me, I have absolutely no rage and I say that very sincerely. I rather have the impression that rage comes from your side and this is reflected in your articles. I never get this impression when I read an article in headfonia or headfonic example. But you, it's an understatement to say that you're objective in your articles. Sorry, but this is still my personal opinion...it's my review about you :wink:

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #561 of 950
Aminus, sorry if I have missed this, but what music are you listening to when you test IEMs?
Not sure if I've posted it here since I stopped citing song examples in my writing, but just for brevity's sake I'll copy a list I made somewhere else when another person asked me the same question.

stuff that has been used on almost every single piece of gear i’ve tried
yes - the gates of delirium
talk talk - after the flood
boulez conducts stravinsky’s rite of spring

stuff that gets used on almost everything, but not all:
krallice - wretched wisdom
black midi - speedway
king crimson - fracture
schoenberg’s first quartet performed by arditti
the doors - break on through
unwound - terminus

stuff that gets used on a case by case basis:
public image ltd - albatross
gorguts - obscura
daughters - the reason they hate me
george russell - round about midnight
GY!BE - storm
swans - the seer
slint - breadcrumb trail
schnittke’s third quartet performed by tale

You're wrong about me, I have absolutely no rage and I say that very sincerely. I rather have the impression that rage comes from your side and this is reflected in your articles. I never get this impression when I read an article in headfonia or headfonic example. But you, it's an understatement to say that you're objective in your articles. Sorry, but this is still my personal opinion...it's my review about you :wink:
I'm not sure if this is normal in the fairytale land you've invented in your head but people don't tend to get angry over audio gear they don't own sounding bad. It's usually the owners getting uppity when someone writes something not entirely positive about their thousand dollar investment in a public forum. But hey, like you said. there's always Headfonia and Headfonic to stick to if you need your purchases justified by an entirely unbiased and 100% third party.

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #562 of 950
I'm not sure if this is normal in the fairytale land you've invented in your head but people don't tend to get angry over audio gear they don't own sounding bad. It's usually the owners getting uppity when someone writes something not entirely positive about their thousand dollar investment in a public forum. But hey, like you said. there's always Headfonia and Headfonic to stick to if you need your purchases justified by an entirely unbiased and 100% third party.

I swear to you, I don't have a pair of IEMs, I've had them in the past, but it didn't suit me. But that doesn't stop me from reading articles on the subject. When I read your last comments, you are like the owners you describe a little, you don't find :wink: We like the praise and less the criticism would say. Well, then I'll tell you what you're looking to hear, aminus.

Keep up the good work, you're such an inspiration. come on, this is my last comment I'm going to go eat oreo...I love oreo so much :wink:

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #564 of 950
Oh no, now he gonna hate u too
no absolutely not, I don't hate anyone here, it's the article that bothers me, I have nothing against murderous criticism, but when you just write this kind of reviews after reviews after reviews after reviews, usually the problem is not the product, but the customer, aminus is probably a very good guy in life

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #566 of 950
no absolutely not, I don't hate anyone here, it's the article that bothers me, I have nothing against murderous criticism, but when you just write this kind of reviews after reviews after reviews after reviews, usually the problem is not the product, but the customer, aminus is probably a very good guy in life

Just be glad we don't still live in the middle ages :wink::sweat_smile:

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #567 of 950
Keep up the good work, you're such an inspiration
Couldn’t ask for more.

So having personal preferences is a problem? Interesting, this is news to me.

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #569 of 950
Having had both higher end iems and heaphones, many headphones are fundamentally broken and the iem game is even worse. Personally I applaud animus for refusing to paint rosy pictures of a compromise within a compromise.

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #570 of 950
That's not what he's saying.
Well that’s strange. He clearly thinks there’s a problem here, and that said problem apparently stems from my writing. So only 1 of 2 (or maybe even both at the same time) possibilities could be the reason:
1. Having an opinion that is generally negative is a problem.
2. Expressing said opinion is a problem.
Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back