Amarra - anyone using it?
May 30, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #871 of 920
Thank you for your response. I think I've settled on a regimen for preserving the library info on startup. Since my music is stored on a NAS, I take the extra step to make sure the device is actively connected before allowing Amarra to rescan the library. It's not foolproof, though. I've still had numerous instances where I need to rescan the library.

One more observation I'd like to make is that it would be great if the track order on some albums would be preserved. Today, for instance, I'm listening to The Who, "Live at Leeds", and the original concert sequence is fouled up. A shame, because lead ins to several songs are followed by different songs than the band has introduced.

Which NAS are you using? We've had a similar report from someone using a Synology NAS but not on a drobo NAS.

May 30, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #872 of 920
Thanks...that's too bad. It was an issue that I had with previous versions and hoped it was fixed. Audirvana and Roon are quite smooth and quick.
Try using Launch in Browser mode, the scrolling is way faster than in the default Amarra mode. Go to your Windows pull down menu and select Launch in Browser. We recommend using Chrome or Firefox.

May 30, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #873 of 920
With my 750 albums and just shy of 10,000 songs, it takes much longer loading the albums than J River's Media Center. Once loaded, scrolling through the albums is not smooth, but it is much faster than previous versions of Amarra. It sounds very good though.
Try using Launch in Browser mode, the scrolling is way faster than in the default Amarra mode. Go to your Windows pull down menu and select Launch in Browser. We recommend using Chrome or Firefox.

May 30, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #874 of 920

I'm using a Mac, will this work for OSX?

May 30, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #875 of 920

Thanks! That make it much faster and smoother scrolling. The issue is that Chrome is my default browser, but it keeps using Microsoft Edge as the browser it launches in.

May 30, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #877 of 920
just wanna chime in and thank the devs for making your Windows product usable... I jumped in at the beginning (even took the Luxe upgrade) and have been hanging on for stable build. I will admit I took a year off hoping that all the functionality I was expecting was worked on. I can say with confidence this is usable

once again thanks to Sonic Studio. I have even had success with the remote app, although the album art is displayed in album view, it is not in song view

May 30, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #879 of 920
still more to come, glad you're able to use on Windows now. Let us know of issues that come up and we'll be working on them.

Can you make Amarra Luxe not take so long loading albums when first launching the app? Not sure how others are doing it, but maybe they are using an indexing system. If others do it, I know you can. You beat them on sound, so I am sure you can at least match them on loading time.

May 31, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #880 of 920
Which NAS are you using? We've had a similar report from someone using a Synology NAS but not on a drobo NAS.

I'm using a Synology NAS. A little additional info, I'm running the Mac version of Amarra on an iMac Pro.

Again, I want to applaud the engagement of Sonic Studios with this forum. Thank you!

May 31, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #882 of 920
I'm using a Synology NAS. A little additional info, I'm running the Mac version of Amarra on an iMac Pro.

Again, I want to applaud the engagement of Sonic Studios with this forum. Thank you!

Your are very welcome. So, you're the second person with a Synology NAS that is having this issue. I believe it is a file system issue with the Synology NAS that is not an issue when using a drobo for instance. We will need to investigate further.

What format are you using for your Synology NAS? Synology NAS recognizes the following formats: Btrfs, ext3, ext4, FAT, FAT32, exFAT, HFS, HFS Plus, and NTFS.

If anyone else has experience with a Synology NAS, please chime in.

May 31, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #883 of 920
Your are very welcome. So, you're the second person with a Synology NAS that is having this issue. I believe it is a file system issue with the Synology NAS that is not an issue when using a drobo for instance. We will need to investigate further.

What format are you using for your Synology NAS? Synology NAS recognizes the following formats: Btrfs, ext3, ext4, FAT, FAT32, exFAT, HFS, HFS Plus, and NTFS.

If anyone else has experience with a Synology NAS, please chime in.

Mine is model DS215J, which I believe uses EXT4 file system.

Jun 1, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #884 of 920
Over the past couple of days I've experienced unexpected shutdowns of Amarra. A notification pops up with one option being reopen. When I reopen, the app scans the library and restarts exactly where it left off. For reference, I'm running the latest version of Amarra Luxe on an iMac Pro.

Mar 11, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #885 of 920
Anyone else experiencing crackling sounds during playback sometimes? Seriously difficult to diagnose the cause but I figured I would ask here to see if the problem could be with the Amarra client or if it is something else in the chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back