Amarra - anyone using it?
Apr 20, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #901 of 920
Reply from Sonic Studio regarding Tidal/Qobuz login issues:
"For Windows, we need to update the version of Amarra Luxe to support the new TIDAL login methods and hope to have that available shortly."

So great to see that they are on it. Hopefully, it will be fixed this week.

Apr 21, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #903 of 920
Would be nice if after 6 months, they did something as well about Big Sur Amarra SQ+ not working properly for Intel Mac users, let alone 5 months of M1 Macs not working at all.
It's like they are out of capital or something. Someone should definitely invest in Amarra. The SOUND QUALITY is THERE, it is notably more organic and tubular than all the other audiophile music players. They just need to fix their godawful.. everything else. Even their website is all ****ed up: https://www.sonicstudio.com/amarra/amarra4luxe.php

Apr 22, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #904 of 920
The problem is that the Russian, Korean and Chinese scumbag hackers have spoilt the game for everyone. All companies are now running so scared of security breaches and put in so many levels of security checking, that it makes life impossible for people to use their services and products. I am currently stuck in the UK due to Covid but I needed to access my French bank account online to see if a very substantial travel refund had been paid into it. My French bank has added yet another layer of security to online access (it was already difficult enough with constantly changing numerical pass codes), where you have to receive a code by SMS on your registered phone. You have to confirm the phone number before this happens but in order to do that, you need another security number. The bank in spite of knowing I am in the UK, sent the security code by regular post to my French address. The code expires after a week, which is less time than it takes a forwarded letter to get from France to the UK, if I were able to arrange that. I spent nearly two hours on the phone this morning to different people at BNP Paribas and got nowhere trying to get round this blockage. For "security reasons" the bank was even unable to confirm if the payment had been received or not. Moronic!

It’s just this particular bank sucks.

Can’t see how this hackers issue is related to a lack of Amarra support. Offering solid customer support is exactly the way to keep selling your product. People pay for software to have timely updates and access to customer support. They do this even when a hacked version of the software is available.

Apr 23, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #905 of 920
It’s just this particular bank sucks.

Can’t see how this hackers issue is related to a lack of Amarra support. Offering solid customer support is exactly the way to keep selling your product. People pay for software to have timely updates and access to customer support. They do this even when a hacked version of the software is available.
Having talked to a couple of software developers recently (medical administration and database applications), they said they were having to concentrate 100% on making their product hacker-proof and secure, searching line by line for backdoors and vulnerabilities. As a result sorting out bugs, adding features, updating and being pro-active on making sure their product was compatible with operating system/processor updates, were having not just to take a back seat but were not being looked at at all for the time being. The medical admin/database applications that my wife and daughter use in their clinic, will not run at all on M1 Macs, so my daughter had to end up buying a new but obsolescent Intel Mac laptop recently, when her old MacBook Pro became unstable, with the usual graphics processor problems.

I don't know if this is the problem at Amarra (I suspect maybe not) and I would agree 100% that their lack of upgrades and updates is very poor customer service and in the long run, will impact upon the company's viability.

Wilson

May 21, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #906 of 920
Used Audirvana for five years, until the release of Studio.
From that moment on, I started looking for a player, with payment without a subscription for my Mac mini 2018.
Tested Roon, JRMC, HQP, Vox, Swissian.
Amarra Luxe easily outplayed everyone, including Audirvana 3.5, in terms of musicality and sound comfort.
I bought a license because all the flaws of using the library can be forgiven for the sound quality.

May 21, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #908 of 920
Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #910 of 920
SQ+ did not start on Big Sur 11.3.1, after installation at startup it sends back to the installer.
I wanted to use it as an add-on to Apple Music.
However, it doesn't matter after installing Amarra Luxe.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #911 of 920
Used Audirvana for five years, until the release of Studio.
From that moment on, I started looking for a player, with payment without a subscription for my Mac mini 2018.
Tested Roon, JRMC, HQP, Vox, Swissian.
Amarra Luxe easily outplayed everyone, including Audirvana 3.5, in terms of musicality and sound comfort.
I bought a license because all the flaws of using the library can be forgiven for the sound quality.

Have you compared it to Fidelia?

May 22, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #912 of 920
May 31, 2022 at 6:10 AM Post #914 of 920
This is still my go to player. :)
Same. Sounds soooo goooood. It's like there's a NOS effect ontop of the music YET no detail is lost or fuzziness introduced.
If only they could make it more user friendly as less buggy. It's kinda stone age in that regard. I understand they made it barebones in order to preserve the sound quality?
In order to not stress the CPU of the computer which gives off noise if engaged too high...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back