Alternatives to Etymotic HF2
May 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #16 of 22
I normally ship stuff to my bro in the U.S. and then find someone in his office traveling bk to india to get it along. Works out much cheaper than international shipping :).

May 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:
yes I was talking to them about it..I live in Canada so with the price of shipping and stuff from etymotic the price wouldn't be to much off of if I buy them from another place where I bought them..so not really worth buying them even with that program from etymotic.. Thanks buddy

Ah, no fun. Well, good luck with your decision. I had the same problem with my HF5 now, by the way. Two pair have broken and now their out of warranty. I've heard that the ER4 is a higher quality construction, and I've been thinking about getting some for quite some time. But, after two broken HF5, I'm feeling pretty discouraged.

-sheldon

May 21, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #18 of 22
Ah, no fun. Well, good luck with your decision. I had the same problem with my HF5 now, by the way. Two pair have broken and now their out of warranty. I've heard that the ER4 is a higher quality construction, and I've been thinking about getting some for quite some time. But, after two broken HF5, I'm feeling pretty discouraged.

-sheldon
go for the er4s they are built way better and to me they sound alot better then the hf2 or 5 which is the same thing..they sound great and sound even better amped..get the 4p then add the adapter to make them the s version..you can drive the p version with just your phone or iPod or whatever you use.. But as soon as you add the adapter you will need an amp..but it's well worth it..I just liked using the hf2s for the gym..they are smaller so I find when I put them really deep..when taking them out you almost have to grab the cable to take them out..and that can't be a good thing for them..wish they made them a little longer..the housing I mean..

May 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:
go for the er4s they are built way better and to me they sound alot better then the hf2 or 5 which is the same thing..they sound great and sound even better amped..get the 4p then add the adapter to make them the s version..you can drive the p version with just your phone or iPod or whatever you use.. But as soon as you add the adapter you will need an amp..but it's well worth it..I just liked using the hf2s for the gym..they are smaller so I find when I put them really deep..when taking them out you almost have to grab the cable to take them out..and that can't be a good thing for them..wish they made them a little longer..the housing I mean..

Do you have a favorite portable amp for them?

-sheldon

May 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #20 of 22
Do you have a favorite portable amp for them?

-sheldon
no not really..I'm using the fiio e11 rite now.. It's ok u guess but I'm looking into a better one in the next few weeks..I'm looking at I think it's called...national.. Not to sure the model though..they have a few different ones..even with my fiio I can tell the difference between that and just my iPod classic..

May 27, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:
Wow you live in India.wow.lol I live in Canada..that's pretty cool that we can talk and you more then half way around the world..lol well hope you like them when you get them...mine had a accident lol I ran them over with a vacuum lol..ya I contacted etymotic to See about warranty lol let's just say that was a waiste of time lol..I plan on getting another pair in the near future though...

Hi pacman46,

I got hold of my HF2s a couple of days back. First impression was "Is this even half as good as people rate it ?" I was coming bk frm the airport and had tried them on with the default 'smaller' tips. I was not getting a proper fit, no isolation. I was on the verge of being dissapointed. After I reached home, I changed the tips to the longer ones and wow..there was a world of difference in the sound. The mid-range came up like beautifully. never harsh. Bass was good and controlled and tight. and I definitely do not regret buying these @130 $. However, these may not be the same value for money as the ATH M50 (though bass is slightly , a teeny-tiny bit uncontrolled w.r.t. HF2 and also there is no better vfm than the ATH M50). Mid range is better and about 80-85% of what't there on the HD595. Highs are a bit rolled off, but that is just fine for me. Vocals and guitars and riffs will stand out beautifully..
Also, the instrumentation separation is wonderful. I must warn you that there are many more 'fun' IEMs in that price, HF3 are meant for the purists, seeking original recorded sound reproduction....accurate.
In case you want to know something more specific, let me know.

May 28, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #22 of 22
Hi pacman46,

I got hold of my HF2s a couple of days back. First impression was "Is this even half as good as people rate it ?" I was coming bk frm the airport and had tried them on with the default 'smaller' tips. I was not getting a proper fit, no isolation. I was on the verge of being dissapointed. After I reached home, I changed the tips to the longer ones and wow..there was a world of difference in the sound. The mid-range came up like beautifully. never harsh. Bass was good and controlled and tight. and I definitely do not regret buying these @130 $. However, these may not be the same value for money as the ATH M50 (though bass is slightly , a teeny-tiny bit uncontrolled w.r.t. HF2 and also there is no better vfm than the ATH M50). Mid range is better and about 80-85% of what't there on the HD595. Highs are a bit rolled off, but that is just fine for me. Vocals and guitars and riffs will stand out beautifully..
Also, the instrumentation separation is wonderful. I must warn you that there are many more 'fun' IEMs in that price, HF3 are meant for the purists, seeking original recorded sound reproduction....accurate.
In case you want to know something more specific, let me know.
that's awesome..I loved them..I like earphones that are as they say fun sounding or v shaped too.. But I find these fun to me..I love hearing all the detail in songs..the more the better..and people think these are bass light...I don't think so..once you have a good seal there is lots of bass..very tight actuate and fast..but like you experienced...if there is not a good seal then no there won't be that nice bass...I'm glad you like them..I ran mine over with a vacuum lol it was really stupid lol but I do plan on getting another pair in the near future..enjoy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back