Alternatives for Triplefi 10's under 160$
May 6, 2011 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

P.F. Jo

100+ Head-Fier
I've been investigating possible portable iem's and it appears that under that budget, the best choice is the triplefi's... but before deciding i'd like your opinions about it.

They'll be used with a PMP mostly, unamped, FLAC files though, playing progressive/heavy rock so instrument seperation is a huge deal breaker. I'm not a bass fan, i'd rather it'd be drummy or as you call it, punchy.
I understood the triplefi's are a little veild in the mids, but nothing a good equalizing won't solve, correct? my biggest concern about these phone's are they're huge it..... Its a problem for me to mess with returns, will I be able to get a fit fiddling with these phones?

Are there any good phones under this budget [used or open box too] with better fit?

Thanks,

Jo JS.

May 6, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #2 of 6
I have the triple fi's and the phonak pfe 012 and I would say take a look at the pfe's
more comfortable, cheaper and good sound...not as good as the triple fi's but very good sound.

May 6, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #3 of 6
Hey for your price range the GR07s are really good. I've never heard them before and I have no idea what I'm talking about. But I'm sure you'll like them and find them comfortable because I have such limited experiences with IEMs. 

Cheers. 

May 6, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 6
Think about carrots sticking out of your ears.  I could not get a good fit with any except the modified Olives or Complys.  Complys kill the highs though a bit.  I can't think of anything under $160 that can compete..maybe the DBA-02

May 6, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 6
Try Monster Turbine line. Like them more than TripleFi's. They are also has great bass, not very good highs(without amping), but very great mids. They are very melodical and interesting. Loving them with iPod Touch 4G.

May 6, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #6 of 6
It's pretty hard to beat the TF10, considering the price. Don't let the price tag fool you, they really are top-tier IEMs and many people consider them superior to the Westone 3 and Shure SE535 ($350 and $499 respectively). And if the fit gives you problems, you can get them reshelled into customs for around $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back