Altec Lansing iM616 (rebadged ER6i) $20 shipped
Oct 27, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #31 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you need to mod the 717s. It'll bring the 717 way closer to the high end iems
smily_headphones1.gif

I will when I get bored or dissatisfied, though as of now, I really like them already. Won't mess with success.
smily_headphones1.gif

Has anyone tried this same mod (adding in-line resistors) on the im616? I have a spare set of those, wouldn't mind trying on those.

I love my im616's already, they just pale in comparison to even my UNMODDED im716. Perfect portable, especially if you can get them for this low price.

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #32 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will when I get bored or dissatisfied, though as of now, I really like them already. Won't mess with success.
smily_headphones1.gif

Has anyone tried this same mod (adding in-line resistors) on the im616? I have a spare set of those, wouldn't mind trying on those.

I love my im616's already, they just pale in comparison to even my UNMODDED im716. Perfect portable, especially if you can get them for this low price.

what mod are you guys talking about? Can you give a link? thanks

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #33 of 82
You de-pod the 716s and use a static ohm factor (47ohm seems to be the sweet spot). I had a pair of modded 716s (originally got the 716s for $20 from newegg), but decided to sell them. Wasn't using them much. On the other hand, I always felt they needed an amp, even modded).

The de-pod thing should be done by someone who knows what they are doing, for sure. If you search for im716 depod or something like that here, the thread should show up.

Oct 27, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #34 of 82
ugh. thingfling just emailed me saying that the im616 they were about to send me was damaged. and that they don't have any more in stock. looks like i'm not getting one.
frown.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #35 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

good plan. I only did mine because one of the sides were cutting out. The mod didnt help but I was so impressed with the sound that I did the mod on my other working 717.

I would say the stock 717 + amp sounds worse then the 717 modded w/o an amp

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #36 of 82
What. Anyone receive updates on their order?

I haven't heard a damn thing from these guys since I sent my payment almost a week ago. Why do I get the feeling they don't have any more to send? They told me they still had some when I emailed them... I'm gonna be a wee bit peeved if that's the case.

Oct 30, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #38 of 82
So far nothing for me either. I was one of the first to ask about it and email them I heard right after the first Person did. I didn't pay right away though. I've yet to get a reply or a anything on my status. I did get an invoice saying you have sent payment and that it had been accepted and cleared but nothing about shipping. If I end up not getting a pair I am going to be angry

I'll say something If they come

Oct 30, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #39 of 82
I am that original requester, and all they told me is that I would get shipping updates as additional ticket replies. Some other members paid WAY before I did as I was having trouble with Paypal.

Oct 30, 2009 at 9:10 AM Post #40 of 82
I paid the 22nd. I've contacted them twice with no response from them.

Not impressed with these guys.

Oct 30, 2009 at 9:33 AM Post #41 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by kloan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I paid the 22nd. I've contacted them twice with no response from them.

Not impressed with these guys.

Their shipping is not very fast. I ordered while it was still in stock, took over a week to arrive.

Oct 30, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #43 of 82
I got my shipping invoice this morning also. They said thank you and sorry for the delay. and I got a tracking number. Slowest shipping in the world..

Not to be here til November 6th. but thats ok, as long as I get them. I ordered there $0.01 cent pack of 2 DVI to HDMI's back the DAY after this thread started. and I've still not got them yet. so shipping is slow.

I got my confirmation that my im616 are coming for $19 dollars, so I'm stoked.

Oct 30, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #44 of 82
The message they sent me (when I requested a second pair) was they were honoring customer requests who had ordered before me. I never heard anything else (responded and said okay). But I did get my pair within a couple of weeks after the order. I lost the email (a Win7 upgrade mishap), but sort of remembering it taking two weeks for them to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back