Altec Lansing iM616 (rebadged ER6i) $20 shipped
Nov 7, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #76 of 82
Got it. Guess I was nit picking. And yes, for that stunning price, they are fantastic. I can't believe how much the cheap E3 helps them, and eliminates the need for EQ on the Clip and boosts the bass on the Zune. I may need to get an E5 for a little more control. I had one and sold it, but now I wish I hadn't.

Nov 9, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #77 of 82
finally got around the try the sony hybrids on the im616. Definitely fits better. I think it sounds better too, but not sure if that's placebo effect.
I was surprised how well the hybrids fits the im616's nozzle, while a comply t-400 is way too big for it, given that comply t-400 usually fits sony IEMs pretty well.

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #78 of 82
The 616 sound tube is an in-between size, much like all the Etys. You can squeeze flexible "thin" sleeves on them (like Shure soft flex, tri-flanges), or you can use Comply P or T100 series tips or Shure olives, which also will go on. But any of the larger canal phone tips, like other Sony (apart from the hybrids) or T400/T500 Complys are a no-go.

Oh, and don't forget that the 616s do have replaceable filters. The $14 version came with one extra pair, but you will have to get more from Ety eventually, so there is that added cost factor. Or you can rinse them in peroxide and try to reuse them.

Nov 11, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #79 of 82
Ya I was also sad with the small ammount of tips. So far I really enjoy the sound of the im616 but like everyone else. Wants more bass. I'll try to eq a little. And I have a e3 I can try also.

I need some smaller tips as the triple flange hurt and I have almost a burning sensation after I remove them. I was thinking about buying the smaller triple flanges from etymotic website. Or the small dual flanges??? What does everyone think. Maybe the comply t-100 small. I need small tips

any tips help bass yet that anyone has found??

Nov 11, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #80 of 82
Tips can help with bass, but really, using EQ or trying the E3 is the way to go. As noted, my custom tips extend very deep into the ear canal, and that helps with bass, but most universal tips will not. The Ety bi-flanges I use with my Image S4s deliver bass nicely (compared to the hybrids, for example, which sound thin with the S4s), so that could work. Mine are an old pair I got with my ER4Ps, like 2-3 years ago. They are gray.You can try the Ety bi-flanges, the ones for the er6i (18C is the stock number for small, 18 is large). They will fit, as will any of the tips for the ER4P. But again, the tips are only going to do so much. Once you get a good seal, the bass is the bass. Comply T100 should also work in terms of seal and maxing out the bass.

Nov 11, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #81 of 82
you mean any tips that fit the ER6i will work? not tips that fit the ER4

I thought the im616 is more of the ER6i than the er4??

I was planning on buying both the smaller triple flanges and the bi smalls.

Nov 11, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #82 of 82
No, I mean as long as they are not for the er6 (the other "6" model Ety makes), they will fit the 616s (ER4P or er6i tips will work, since the sound tubes for those two phones are similar in circumference).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back