Altec Lansing iM616 (rebadged ER6i) $20 shipped
Oct 21, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #17 of 82
Yes, the Klipsch gels will fit. It would be akin to using the Klipsch gels on the ER4P or the er6i.

Update: I opened a ticket with ThingFling for another set of 616s, but they emailed me that they have a limited supply and were being swamped with requests. Wonder why? Anyway, they have contacted the "first wave" of buyers, and if they have any left, I'm apparently part of the next wave. Oh, and they are limiting them to one per customer. Drat!

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #18 of 82
Yea I got the same email, you already got one... let me get a pair.
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #19 of 82
If I get another pair, and you don't, I will sell them to your for $89. Is joke. I actually am getting them for a friend, but since he doesn't know bad from good, let's see how it shakes out. Neither of us may end up with a pair.

Oh, I dug up this old review (2005) from PC Mag. The key to these is knowing how to use them, which tips, etc. And they are not bass monsters, of course. But I had sort of forgotten the Ety sound, until yesterday.

Altec Lansing inMotion IM616 - Full Review - Reviews by PC Magazine

The real irony is that replacement filters (the red ones from Ety) cost more ($15) than the phones ($13.99). Oh, and check out the MSRP in the PC Mag review ($149.95)!

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #21 of 82
I've got a set coming. I'll chime in with my experience when I get them.

Oct 24, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #22 of 82
Looks like I'm probably not getting a pair.
frown.gif
Oh well, maybe next time.

Oct 25, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #24 of 82
I was the first to submit a ticket, but only paid 2 days ago. Hopefully I didn't give my pair away to one of you.
confused.gif

I haven't heard a reply since making payment. As tstarn said they are probably just swamped.

Oct 25, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #25 of 82
Yeah, I think they are busy. I replied to their email saying I payed, and they replied thanking me for letting them know, however I haven't received any more communication since.. I'm sure they're just a little overwhelmed, or then again maybe not. Either way, I look forward to receiving them. $20 is an amazing price for these.

Oct 25, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #28 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just forgot how nice the 616s sound. The 716s were a pain with the pod, even depodded these have a little more bass.

I have two week old im616's and im716's in front of me now, and have been listening to them constantly since receiving them.

I have to say, my stock im716's seem to have WAY more bass to me than the im616, and that's in HD mode, not bass mode.

The bass is deeper, with more slam, and doesn't muddy up the rest of the music. I don't think it's even close.

I haven't listened to a lot of other high end iems, I borrowed triple-fi's for a while some time back, so I can't speak with utter certainty, but I think the bass quality on the im716 is a lot closer to the triple-fi's than the im616 is to the im716.

Oct 26, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #29 of 82
Oct 26, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #30 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have two week old im616's and im716's in front of me now, and have been listening to them constantly since receiving them.

I have to say, my stock im716's seem to have WAY more bass to me than the im616, and that's in HD mode, not bass mode.

The bass is deeper, with more slam, and doesn't muddy up the rest of the music. I don't think it's even close.

I haven't listened to a lot of other high end iems, I borrowed triple-fi's for a while some time back, so I can't speak with utter certainty, but I think the bass quality on the im716 is a lot closer to the triple-fi's than the im616 is to the im716.

you need to mod the 717s. It'll bring the 717 way closer to the high end iems
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back