ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews
Dec 22, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #76 of 1,147
Quote:
Did anyone try installing ASIO driver like this one? Available for both Windows and Mac users

http://www.usb-audio.com/download.html

EVERYONE on this site should be using ASIO drivers.  Its mandatory for audio workstations so I think that you audiophiles would also benefit from an asio driver....I assumed you were all running them.  

There a great free program ASIO for all....supports all sounds cards I think.  By default windows uses MME/DirectX to process your sound so instead of letting that driver mangle your sound you all should be using a transparent low latency ASIO driver.  Maybe you all know this but this is the first I've seen it mentioned.

I want to buy this amp as well...it looks great and I love tubes.  Anything that gives a singer better sound in their cans will make them sing better so I'm wondering if I could use this as an amp only w/out DAC features.  I'll check out the specs dumb questions but this is the first AMP I've seen thats gotten my blood up.

-augustusP

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #77 of 1,147
Headfonia posted a Pan-Am tube rolling http://www.headfonia.com/high-octane-fuel-for-the-pan-am-a-tube-rollers-notes/

I'll get some Mullard CV4010
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #78 of 1,147
Dec 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #81 of 1,147
So I received the Passport a few days ago, but only opened it today. After charging it for a few hours (I think 3 hours), I plugged it in to the Pan Am. When I flipped the Pan Am on, I heard a quick crackling sound and I started to smell what seemed to be like burning plastic. I immediately turned the Pan Am off and disconnected all of the cables. I know that I am (barely) within my 30 days warranty period, so I immediately sent in an email to ALO and an RMA request. I'm sure that this is an isolated incident that easily can be resolved, as I have seen NO issues at all from anyone else.

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #82 of 1,147
Quote:
Thank you so much for sharing!!! Really appreciate it 
wink.gif

You're welcome. I hope everyone can have best sound with Pan-Am.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
So I received the Passport a few days ago, but only opened it today. After charging it for a few hours (I think 3 hours), I plugged it in to the Pan Am. When I flipped the Pan Am on, I heard a quick crackling sound and I started to smell what seemed to be like burning plastic. I immediately turned the Pan Am off and disconnected all of the cables. I know that I am (barely) within my 30 days warranty period, so I immediately sent in an email to ALO and an RMA request. I'm sure that this is an isolated incident that easily can be resolved, as I have seen NO issues at all from anyone else.

Hope ALO send back to you soon.
frown.gif

What's these?

Must be Santa Claus! I found them in my Santa Sock.
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #85 of 1,147
Those tubes look awesome! I hope I get my Pan Am back in working order soon so I can get back to tube rolling fun :D

Dec 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #86 of 1,147
Is Alo Audio closed over the holidays? I sent them a few emails a few days ago in regards to the Pan Am and never got a reply.

Btw Palchiu, can you PM me where you got the Mullard tubes?

Much appreciated

Dec 26, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #87 of 1,147
ALO was closed over the holidays, but they're open now. As long as you email them on a business day, they are VERY good with responding to emails-though it  says emails may take two business days to be responded two, I've always had same day responses. So be patient, as I'm sure you will get a reply soon. 

Palchiu, could you also PM me where to get the Mullard tubes? I'd really appreciate it 
beerchug.gif

Dec 27, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #88 of 1,147
hello amigos,

i'm just curious, exactly how long do you have to charge the passport battery pack?  there isn't any light indicator that'll state if the battery is done charging.

also, on the headfonia review, he said that the pan am came with some usb cable, ipod cable etc, but i didn't get any of those when i bought the amp.

did any of youse get any cables besides the wall plug?

alrighty, take it easy y'all.

Dec 27, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #89 of 1,147
Quote:
hello amigos,

i'm just curious, exactly how long do you have to charge the passport battery pack?  there isn't any light indicator that'll state if the battery is done charging.

also, on the headfonia review, he said that the pan am came with some usb cable, ipod cable etc, but i didn't get any of those when i bought the amp.

did any of youse get any cables besides the wall plug?

alrighty, take it easy y'all.

Battery charger will stop charging when it's full, and will become green lights on.

USB & ipod cables are options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back