ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions
Jun 27, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #362 of 1,084
I also heard some hissing sound when using my sony iem ex1000. Hissing sound is irritating and make the silent passage in classical sound like internet radio quaility. I manage to completely remove the hissing sound by using an in line volume controller. Now the back ground is as black as my RSA hornet... dead quiet.. so dead I thought its dead
biggrin.gif

Can be bought at amazon for $17.25 and will not degrade the sound.

Here is what I did:

1) Plug the shure controller at full volume in rx 3
2) Lower shure in line volume controller knob until hissing sound completely gone

3) Turn up Rx 3 volume slowly until comfortable level... you are all set now.. hissing sound completely gone.
4) I notice I have a lot of play on the rx volume now and my Sony IEM uses the same amount of volume as my HD650 on the RX 3.

5) No need to send back to Ken as he is not able to reduce the hiss as mention in earlier thread. use this gem and gain at least 5% of happiness.
wink.gif

Jun 27, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #363 of 1,084
I also heard some hissing sound when using my sony iem ex1000. Hissing sound is irritating and make the silent passage in classical sound like internet radio quaility. I manage to completely remove the hissing sound by using an in line volume controller. Now the back ground is as black as my RSA hornet... dead quiet.. so dead I thought its dead :D  .

Can be bought at amazon for $17.25 and will not degrade the sound.

Here is what I did:

1) Plug the shure controller at full volume in rx 3
2) Lower shure in line volume controller knob until hissing sound completely gone

3) Turn up Rx 3 volume slowly until comfortable level... you are all set now.. hissing sound completely gone.
4) I notice I have a lot of play on the rx volume now and my Sony IEM uses the same amount of volume as my HD650 on the RX 3.

5) No need to send back to Ken as he is not able to reduce the hiss as mention in earlier thread. use this gem and gain at least 5% of happiness.:wink:

this one?
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-EA650-Control-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B000GTBDBA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Jun 27, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #365 of 1,084
Jun 27, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #366 of 1,084
I wouldn't hold my breathe for a balanced CLAS. From what I have read the change due to a balanced source is far less significant.

For once I am happy to hear that there is no upgrade. My wallet is still hurting and getting ready for some Christmas Schiit.

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #370 of 1,084
my rxmk3b balanced out +alo balanced to
3.5 protector cable.
soprano has noise!!
email to alo
alo reply to email …
excuse me, so what can i do to balance ?

Ricky,
This is not a recommended set-up. This could even potentially damage your amp. The balanced to mini cable is mixing the grounds from the balanced output of the RxMK3. We recommend either a balanced cable or a single ended cable for use with the MK3. Sonically these are very equivalent, as we worked hard to eliminate the difference between the two outputs. But please refrain from using this cable further with the amp because of the potential harm it may cause. If you have any other questions I'd be happy to help. Thanks, -Caleb

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #371 of 1,084
Quote:
3.5 protector cable.
soprano has noise!!
email to alo
alo reply to email …
Ricky,
This is not a recommended set-up. This could even potentially damage your amp. The balanced to mini cable is mixing the grounds from the balanced output of the RxMK3. We recommend either a balanced cable or a single ended cable for use with the MK3. Sonically these are very equivalent, as we worked hard to eliminate the difference between the two outputs. But please refrain from using this cable further with the amp because of the potential harm it may cause. If you have any other questions I'd be happy to help. Thanks, -Caleb

Ouch tough lesson to learn.  

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #372 of 1,084
Quote:
3.5 protector cable.
soprano has noise!!
email to alo
alo reply to email …
Ricky,

Welcome to head-fi yiuricky... sorry for your wallet..
gs1000.gif

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #374 of 1,084
Alo has responded to your question already. By using the balanced output of the RX3 and wrongly shorting it via a converter to single ended output, you are risking damaging the amp. Only run properly balanced cans from the balanced output. If you have single ended cans then run them from the single ended output. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back