Alo Audio Continental V2
Feb 12, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #32 of 46
I had couple of hours listening through Flac + V2 + LCD2 rev.3 angled.

3D soundstage is really present. more wider and punchier compared to HE 400. Really lush, smooth but tighter bass playing Ray Charles "Genius Loves Company".
Lamb leather pads is nice upgrade compared to HE 400 velours, a better isolation too.

OK, just a brief review.
Cheers

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #33 of 46
What's the main difference in sound between the National and the Rx MKII?

The cost difference is only $50 but they seem to be quite different in the tech specs. I have no ideas what those tech specs mean.

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #35 of 46
What's the main difference in sound between the National and the Rx MKII?

The cost difference is only $50 but they seem to be quite different in the tech specs. I have no ideas what those tech specs mean.

I do not have mk2..but i have national and mk3. The mk3 is more aggresive. Is suitable for faster pace music. The national is more mellow in sound. But is accurate and detail also very good. For iem use i prefer the sound from national. Is like more proper match with power given. The low bass in national is very good too. But pairing with full size cans it does not drive sufficiently. In this case mk3 is better for full size cans. Music separation is better on mk3 so does the resolution on music.. Staging is about the same. Soundstaging for mk3 is also good but perhaps due to its agressive character thats become a bit narrower imo.

Feb 15, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #36 of 46
V2 + LCD2 (Demo'ed courtesy of Justin at Headamp) brought "Dick in the Box" Saturday night life skid of Justin Timberlake, to another level.
That sounds of crackling fireplace......so real and punchy at the same time.......
beyersmile.png

Feb 18, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #37 of 46
My v2 just suffered a severe channel imbalance...I did not do anything to it for 2 days and suddenly the left channel got really soft, almost silent. What could be the problem? I think my warranty just ended so what should I do now? 

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #38 of 46
I have lost the charger to my Continental V2 and ALO is not answering my email about a replacement charger.
So i have to try to get a charger here in Norway.
Can one of you with a continental V2 please check your chargers and give me the spec ?
Or even better, have any of you replaced your charger, and if so where did you get it?

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #41 of 46
  I have lost the charger to my Continental V2 and ALO is not answering my email about a replacement charger.
So i have to try to get a charger here in Norway.
Can one of you with a continental V2 please check your chargers and give me the spec ?
Or even better, have any of you replaced your charger, and if so where did you get it?

Battery charger model : APPJ-6111V2
Input : AC 100-240V * 50/60Hz
Output : +12.6V *** 1000mA

Leave an email with Alo Audio, they will eventually reply; or phone them.

Oct 17, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #42 of 46
Thanks Zorin

This is what i need to get a new charger locally.

ALO must have heard you, they answered my email during the night. 
I open my email this morning and i have an answer from both of you. 

Jul 4, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #43 of 46
Anyone of you guys is still using this Continial? I wanna get one now ..... I know a bit too late and out-dated but I like using headphones instead of earphones.

Jul 6, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #44 of 46
Anyone of you guys is still using this Continial? I wanna get one now ..... I know a bit too late and out-dated but I like using headphones instead of earphones.

I just traded a member for a V3 version... I know a few people who still use their Continentals. There were some available V2's at ALO Warehouse deals - but they re gone I think - especially with the 20% off deal this weekend.

Jul 8, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #45 of 46
I still use my V2 with my HD800. I like this pairing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back